Steve DeMeo

• 360 replies

pmg911

Re: Steve DeMeo
« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2019, 02:43:38 PM »

If the school would have let AD do his job and didn't muck everything up we could have ended up with Mike Brey. Still it nearly happened behind closed doors but again another guy who didn't want to deal with the mess attached with school.

If the school wasn't so cheap, we would have had choice #1..!!

I am happy with Coach Anderson though..

Marillac

« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2019, 04:19:26 PM »
Dave is right.  It got close for a couple of days.  Brey then had a change of heart.

Sorry this is completely false. Anyone who thinks this was even possible isn’t dealing in reality — or anything remotely bordering reality.

Any decent coach with a job would have used us for a raise like Hurley. We will NEVER steal a coach from a power 5 conference and all of our fans need to get that through their heads.

We are the ultimate get-me-a-raise school. Everyone thinks they are a big shot with inside info and we have irresponsible media covering us that will run with stories with sources like JJ and RM posters.

This is not just a bad job, it’s arguably the worst of anything resembling a major program. Our facilities suck. Our administration will find a way to not fully support the head coach. Key admins cannot stay in their lane. Their is a mom and pop culture and toxic politics that has rotted the school and program from the inside.

Cragg is a schlep. He didn’t lead at Duke, he survived. Donuts on Fridays, non-threatening nerdy personality, a blast at office parties kind of a guy. He got his teeth kicked in by The Gimp and his sidekick when he held all the leverage. That should tell you all you need to know.

Duke replaced its AD twice since 1998...why didn’t they hire this hot shot? Why have no football schools hired him?

Can anyone name one specific he did besides putting his flair on the athletic facilities with an unlimited budget? Did he hire anyone? What was his role during the Duke Lacrosse scandal?

wpc77

« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2019, 04:45:19 PM »
Sorry this is completely false. Anyone who thinks this was even possible isn’t dealing in reality — or anything remotely bordering reality.

Any decent coach with a job would have used us for a raise like Hurley. We will NEVER steal a coach from a power 5 conference and all of our fans need to get that through their heads.

We are the ultimate get-me-a-raise school. Everyone thinks they are a big shot with inside info and we have irresponsible media covering us that will run with stories with sources like JJ and RM posters.

This is not just a bad job, it’s arguably the worst of anything resembling a major program. Our facilities suck. Our administration will find a way to not fully support the head coach. Key admins cannot stay in their lane. Their is a mom and pop culture and toxic politics that has rotted the school and program from the inside.

Cragg is a schlep. He didn’t lead at Duke, he survived. Donuts on Fridays, non-threatening nerdy personality, a blast at office parties kind of a guy. He got his teeth kicked in by The Gimp and his sidekick when he held all the leverage. That should tell you all you need to know.

Duke replaced its AD twice since 1998...why didn’t they hire this hot shot? Why have no football schools hired him?

Can anyone name one specific he did besides putting his flair on the athletic facilities with an unlimited budget? Did he hire anyone? What was his role during the Duke Lacrosse scandal?

no matter how many times you post or how emphatically you post it, you may not know everything and some of us might have information we are sharing that you are not aware of.   Just as when you have information, we respect that.

Also - dave and I are not arguing about the sorry state of the admin. Or Cragg's abilities or lack thereof. Rather just providing information we were made aware of.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 04:54:19 PM by wpc77 »

TONYD3

« Reply #103 on: May 16, 2019, 07:36:16 PM »

If you believe all of this, why are you a fan? Why would you put yourself through all of this?
I 100% believe we will have a good season next year. We might not make the tournament. But we will play hard and play defense. The next 4 years will certainly better then the last 4.
You take shots at the AD, even though you can’t really know much about him.

I was happy with Lavin. He won here. I think Anderson will be better. St. John’s basketball is about to be fun again. No more excuses. No more losing.

« Reply #104 on: May 16, 2019, 11:30:17 PM »
The next 4 years will certainly better then the last 4.
I sure would hope so. Razorback is inheriting an Ncaa tournament team returning 2 of it's top 3 players (3 of 4?) with LJ and Heron (Simon?).

Mullin inherited the worst team in the history of St. Johns that returned nobody and featured Durand Johnson and Ron Mvouika.

« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2019, 01:21:00 AM »
I sure would hope so. Razorback is inheriting an Ncaa tournament team returning 2 of it's top 3 players (3 of 4?) with LJ and Heron (Simon?).

Mullin inherited the worst team in the history of St. Johns that returned nobody and featured Durand Johnson and Ron Mvouika.
Have not heard one talking head in the hoop community call next year's SJU team an NCAA T team at this point and that includes a podcast I just listened too by a 23 yr old alum who worked on the TORCH at SJU and had on SJU alum Howie Schwab as his guest.

« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2019, 08:18:56 AM »
So he had ponds heron Simon year before he had ponds Simon Owens and sum total was last team in with terrible ooc record and a pathetic showing vs marq in big east tournament....great job coach!

« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2019, 01:09:48 AM »
Have not heard one talking head in the hoop community call next year's SJU team an NCAA T team at this point and that includes a podcast I just listened too by a 23 yr old alum who worked on the TORCH at SJU and had on SJU alum Howie Schwab as his guest.
I wouldn't think so either.

« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2019, 01:13:35 AM »
So he had ponds heron Simon year before he had ponds Simon Owens and sum total was last team in with terrible ooc record and a pathetic showing vs marq in big east tournament....great job coach!
Yes, the truth is sad and it hurts. Any St. John's season culminating with an Ncaa bid is a "great job coach!".  The thought of a tournament win for us is tooth fairy/easter bunny stuff. People tell you that it could exist but it's very hard to believe.

« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2019, 01:20:34 AM »
SJU had built good relationships with a few 2020 recruits and they are still there for the taking, if we don't see them sign here it will be very telling and perhaps a red flag for the future. Time will tell.

SJUFAN

« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2019, 03:15:23 AM »
SJU had built good relationships with a few 2020 recruits and they are still there for the taking, if we don't see them sign here it will be very telling and perhaps a red flag for the future. Time will tell.
Who did we build good relationships with?

« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2019, 08:27:06 AM »
Pretty sure this thread chased away all those Hog Anderson fans. Classic.

Marillac

« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2019, 10:33:51 AM »
no matter how many times you post or how emphatically you post it, you may not know everything and some of us might have information we are sharing that you are not aware of.   Just as when you have information, we respect that.

Also - dave and I are not arguing about the sorry state of the admin. Or Cragg's abilities or lack thereof. Rather just providing information we were made aware of.

No, you’re right. Brey would leave NOTRE DAME making 3 mill a year (which is like making 5 mill in NYC) with at least 4-6 mill buyout (total compensation and buyout are not public) to come to some shithole in Queens that has fired 7 straight coaches...at age 60.

He has no connection to the area at all. But he was friends with some low level dork at Duke in 1994 who booked the team’s hotel for away games so f*ck it. Queens it is.

Who else is Cragg friends with? Billy Joel? Maybe he can get him to stop doing concerts on an exclusive rights deal to sing the national anthem at home games for $55 a pop?

Ez_Uzi

« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2019, 11:44:40 AM »
No, you’re right. Brey would leave NOTRE DAME making 3 mill a year (which is like making 5 mill in NYC) with at least 4-6 mill buyout (total compensation and buyout are not public) to come to some shithole in Queens that has fired 7 straight coaches...at age 60.

He has no connection to the area at all. But he was friends with some low level dork at Duke in 1994 who booked the team’s hotel for away games so f*ck it. Queens it is.

Who else is Cragg friends with? Billy Joel? Maybe he can get him to stop doing concerts on an exclusive rights deal to sing the national anthem at home games for $55 a pop?

The most likely scenario ...

Cragg: Hey Mike ... how are you doing, how's the family? Long time no hear
Brey: I'm good and great to hear from after such a long time. I hear you are St. John's now?
Cragg: Yeah it's a shithole but the money is good.
Brey: I hear you ... what can I do for you, Mike?
Cragg: [jokingly] Well I had a wild thought. Well, you know how St. John's fans are always whining like Hillary Clinton? So I was thinking for the fun of it I start a rumor of me firing Mullin and that you are seriously considering becoming our next Head Coach ... wanna play along?
Brey: hahahahahahaha
Cragg: hahahahahahaha 

Marillac

« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2019, 12:21:32 PM »
The most likely scenario ...

Cragg: Hey Mike ... how are you doing, how's the family? Long time no hear
Brey: I'm good and great to hear from after such a long time. I hear you are St. John's now?
Cragg: Yeah it's a shithole but the money is good.
Brey: I hear you ... what can I do for you, Mike?
Cragg: [jokingly] Well I had a wild thought. Well, you know how St. John's fans are always whining like Hillary Clinton? So I was thinking for the fun of it I start a rumor of me firing Mullin and that you are seriously considering becoming our next Head Coach ... wanna play along?
Brey: hahahahahahaha
Cragg: hahahahahahaha 

More likely:

Bobby Hurley: “St. John’s offered me the job.”

His wife: “lol that’s adorable of them. Do you think you can get a raise by pretending to be interested in that shithole?”

Bobby Hurley: “Oh definitely. They are desperate and their fans are delusional. They’ll run with this 100 mph.”

Mike Brey calling Hurley:  “What’s up BH congrats on the raise.”

Hurley: “You can get in on this too playa. Remember that dork that booked our hotels 30 years ago? He’s be AD at St. John’s now and fans will start rumors that anyone he ever met at Duke is interested.”

Brey:  “LOL The guy who decorated the athletic facilities...he’s an AD now? No shit. How does the rumor thing start?”

Hurley:  “Oh it’s easy. St. John’s fans think Cragg is friends with all of us for some reason! Just give him a call and some wannabe big shot fan there will do the rest.”

Ez_Uzi

« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2019, 12:28:21 PM »
More likely:

Bobby Hurley: “St. John’s offered me the job.”

His wife: “lol that’s adorable of them. Do you think you can get a raise by pretending to be interested in that shithole?”

Bobby Hurley: “Oh definitely. They are desperate and their fans are delusional. They’ll run with this 100 mph.”

Mike Brey calling Hurley:  “What’s up BH congrats on the raise.”

Hurley: “You can get in on this too playa. Remember that dork that booked our hotels 30 years ago? He’s be AD at St. John’s now and fans will start rumors that anyone he ever met at Duke is interested.”

Brey:  “LOL The guy who decorated the athletic facilities...he’s an AD now? No shit. How does the rumor thing start?”

Hurley:  “Oh it’s easy. St. John’s fans think Cragg is friends with all of us for some reason! Just give him a call and some wannabe big shot fan there will do the rest.”

hahahahaha

« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2019, 01:05:46 PM »
I like the Anderson hiring, if story is correct he got in touch with CMA through Capel sr, so he did use his Duke connection to get what might be a solid hire.

« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2019, 03:53:44 PM »
Pretty sure this thread chased away all those Hog Anderson fans. Classic.
Trust me, we are used to it. Hogville gets way worse, I say positive stuff about Mike Anderson on that board and I get banned for life. People can’t handle the truth, you are about to see a coach that just got fired from his beloved school who is on fire right now and in the best shape of his life. He is about to prove everybody wrong, I could care less about how many 5 stars he gets, the 3 and 4 stars he gets will play their butts off and make-up for it, it has happened his whole coaching career.

Ez_Uzi

« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2019, 04:39:14 PM »
Trust me, we are used to it. Hogville gets way worse, I say positive stuff about Mike Anderson on that board and I get banned for life. People can’t handle the truth, you are about to see a coach that just got fired from his beloved school who is on fire right now and in the best shape of his life. He is about to prove everybody wrong, I could care less about how many 5 stars he gets, the 3 and 4 stars he gets will play their butts off and make-up for it, it has happened his whole coaching career.

So you are saying that the majority of Hogsville detests CMA or think he's not a good coach? From your perspective, what would be a good result or say successful season for CMA his first year here?

« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2019, 05:42:13 PM »
So you are saying that the majority of Hogsville detests CMA or think he's not a good coach? From your perspective, what would be a good result or say successful season for CMA his first year here?
His best teams are when he has good guards, so you should expect a tourney team next season, very dependent on his guards, he has won over 10 NCAA tourney games since y’all won yalls last one, Arkansas fans just expect to much, they were begging for a sweet sixteen team year in and year out and Arkansas hasn’t made it to the sweet sixteen since 1995.