Vince Cole- 6'5 SG- USC Salk - ST. JOHN'S (Signed)

• 85 replies
Re: Vince Cole- 6'5 SG- USC Salk - ST. JOHN'S (Verbal Commit)
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2019, 07:12:42 AM »
Surprise surprise Dave bashing another Recruit.....it’s such a joke and comical at this point

LoganK

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2019, 07:28:21 AM »
LJ had offers from high majors in high school and was a big time scoring prospect. Cole had some low major interest and it was pretty telling when CofC took away his offer and passed on him and he fell to Juco.
I believe Cole was recruited by Florida Tennessee and Memphis (among others) and had an offer from Texas Tech (who is a preseason top 15 team).  Never seen him play so i can't argue his talent, but those are good high major programs.  Would assume it was grades or something that led to JUCO and lack of other offers, but I'm just speculating.

TONYD3

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2019, 08:35:45 AM »
Surprise surprise Dave bashing another Recruit.....it’s such a joke and comical at this point
Plus 1

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2019, 11:27:40 AM »
This is actually good news as his players evaluations more often then not leave a lot to be desired.

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2019, 11:29:57 AM »
This is actually good news as his players evaluations more often then not leave a lot to be desired.

honestly shocked this hasn't become a Nebraska board

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2019, 12:48:19 PM »

Dave evaluating recruits is like Matt A evaluating Big and Tall clothing.

Marillac

« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2019, 02:20:49 PM »
Questionable character? I took a direct quote from you. You can try to explain it all you want. You take ridiculous positions all the time and then either double down or totally back off. I’m tired of reading your nonsense.

You fished through four posts in the SAME short thread and took the only one that wasn’t completely positive and used it out of context. How is that not dishonest? It didn’t even say anything negative about LJ. I don’t mince words. Look at my takes on Cam (his mom felt the need to come after me for it) and Manuel.

JUCOS almost always take a year to get going because the jump in talent, experience, and overall level of play is huge. Any kid that played D-1 prior to JUCO would have a huge advantage.

That was actually the very point I was making with Dixon and LJ in the post you quoted—that Dixon’s practice time here had him more prepared for an IMMEDIATE impact over LJ. I later learned that LJ practiced with a 25+ win tournament team prior to going JUCO and said that “changes everything” with his timeline. NMSU was far better than we were that year so that would not only mitigate experience difference with Dixon it would likely put him ahead.

It’s not just D-1 basketball experience that helps either...it’s the overall experience as a student athlete at a 4-year D-1 school:  tutors, study hall, travel, more academic demands, more exposure and pressure, etc.

I was wrong on Dixon. I realized pretty quickly though that he had an awful basketball IQ that rendered him incapable of playing Big East caliber team defense. LJ has basketball IQ and instincts to spare.

« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2019, 03:05:19 PM »
Are you basing this assessment of the kid off the type of offers the kid received in HS. Have you seen him play? This is an experienced staff, I trust their judgment over us non professionals.

Yup have seen him play. I'm close with Upward Stars program which he played for, asked around a few college coaches, and national recruiting guys too.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2019, 03:07:21 PM »

Perhaps we share different definitions of bashing. Saying a player is terrible, no good, waste of scholarship would be bashing imo.

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2019, 03:09:59 PM »
I believe Cole was recruited by Florida Tennessee and Memphis (among others) and had an offer from Texas Tech (who is a preseason top 15 team).  Never seen him play so i can't argue his talent, but those are good high major programs.  Would assume it was grades or something that led to JUCO and lack of other offers, but I'm just speculating.

Academics were in bad shape and there were concerns about him ever being able to handle academic workload.

Some staffs will go extra mile to help, hand hold, and make sure this gets done while others don't want the liability. No wrong or right way but these are the flags.

« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2019, 03:11:07 PM »
honestly shocked this hasn't become a Nebraska board

Wouldn't have to change the colors

« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2019, 04:59:39 PM »
JJ has jumped the shark, dave has no connects within current staff hence the bitterness. See you in redmen

« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2019, 07:10:46 PM »
JJ has jumped the shark, dave has no connects within current staff hence the bitterness. See you in redmen

+100000

Foad

« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2019, 07:37:18 PM »
+100000

Various nice persons who feel posting on JJ post is no longer worthwhile post on JJ explain their decision to no longer post on JJ. + 100000. Thanks stupids.

« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2019, 07:58:52 PM »
And you are the 2nd reason why this site is awful ....just having you take shot after shot at every poster is old and you turn every thread to an argument and make it about you

« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2019, 08:20:46 PM »
And you are the 2nd reason why this site is awful ....just having you take shot after shot at every poster is old and you turn every thread to an argument and make it about you
+100000 and I know Foad I am stupid but FU. Don't give a shit what your comeback is because you are a complete f ing joke. FOAD MFer!

TONYD3

« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2019, 08:46:04 PM »
Foad is a national treasure!

Foad

« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2019, 09:23:38 PM »

I'd be troubled by your response if I knew who you were, but there's nothing about you that's awful enough to separate you from the herd of other nice persons. My advice? Try harder. As I will if I'm only the second worst thing about this site, bcause I strive to be the best in all endeavors.

Foad

« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2019, 09:24:33 PM »
+100000 and I know Foad I am stupid but FU. Don't give a shit what your comeback is because you are a complete f ing joke. FOAD MFer!

This just in: snowflake who sends me interminable PMs about how my posts keep him up night and give him heart palpitations doesn't care about what I say because I'm a joke.

Foad

« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2019, 09:26:57 PM »
Basketballs. I don't understand all of it, but I reckon I understand a good deal of it. Hmm mmm.