Out of Conference Schedule

• 42 replies
Re: Out of Conference Schedule
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2019, 04:45:43 PM »
By Nova standards, last season was a failure. The BE as a whole was way down as we've established ad nauseum. Like I said Wright, Nova and the entire conference will be better this year.
That's Wright.  The standard was too high to live up to every year. I admire Cremo for trying and achieving moderate success.

QuanMan

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2019, 11:27:30 PM »
Vermont and Albany preview below. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 5 point or lower spread for the Vermont matchup.

The LJF/Anthony Lamb matchup alone is worth the price of admission.

https://cbbcentral.com/2019/10/01/2019-20-32x32-america-east/

THE RANKINGS:
#1. Vermont– The Catamounts are about as easy a choice here as possible, bringing back over 75% of their minutes from last season’s group that won 27 games, plowed through the conference tournament by an average margin of 22 points, and pushed Florida State to the brink in the NCAA Tournament. What’s more, John Becker added some significant reinforcements in the form of immediately eligible transfers Daniel Giddens (Alabama) and Duncan DeMuth (Oklahoma State), who’ll pair with superstar combo forward Anthony Lamb to form one of the best mid-major frontcourts in the country. Giddens in particular was an enormous add for the Catamounts– despite his struggles throughout his college career, he provides high-major size and athleticism up front that will be necessary for Vermont in “up” games, of which they’ll play plenty as part of a loaded non-conference schedule. The big loss is Ernie Duncan, who did a fair amount of shot creating next to shifty combo guard Stef Smith in the backcourt. Freshman point guard Aaron Deloney is wired to score and put up big numbers on the EYBL circuit, and his readiness to contribute in the backcourt could be the difference between Vermont being a dangerous 13 seed and being an at-large contender.

#2. Albany– It was a rare down year in 2018-19 for a Will Brown-coached Albany team, though growing pains were to be expected for a team that had five freshmen in the playing rotation. By the end of the year, the Great Danes looked much more dangerous, winning 7 of their final 12 games after a 5-15 start. The backcourt combo of Ahmad Clark and Cam Healy is a dangerous one, and rising sophomores Adam Lulka, Antonio Rizzuto, and Malachi De Sousa all showed major flashes in their freshmen campaigns. There are significant issues at play that need to be repaired for the Danes to reach their potential– namely taking care of the basketball and being more efficient on the offensive end– but the amount of talent on this roster is intriguing.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 11:42:33 PM by QuanMan »
Section 3
Section 116

Poison

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2019, 11:30:52 PM »
That's Wright.  The standard was too high to live up to every year. I admire Cremo for trying and achieving moderate success.

I agree. No one wins big every season. Nova is still a top 3 program IMO in the nation.