UConn

• 30 replies
UConn
« on: January 11, 2023, 10:27:00 AM »
How much do we lose by? More or less than 20?

Will start us off- we take the loss 82-65

cjfish

Re: UConn
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 09:56:47 AM »
we win in a close game

Poison

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2023, 08:00:57 PM »
Our defense is still terrible. UConn will make the wide open threes we give them.

Foad

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2023, 08:16:41 AM »
Our defense is still terrible. UConn will make the wide open threes we give them.

If we catch them looking past us to their rematch with arch rival Butler I think we can steal this one on the road.

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2023, 10:22:33 AM »
If we catch them looking past us to their rematch with arch rival Butler I think we can steal this one on the road.

Foad, I gotta say I am shocked by your optimism.

Foad

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2023, 12:21:59 PM »
Foad, I gotta say I am shocked by your optimism.

Unless that was sarcasm that flew over my head, mine was sarcasm that flew over yours.

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2023, 02:41:30 PM »
Unless that was sarcasm that flew over my head, mine was sarcasm that flew over yours.

Speaking of sarcasm, as you know, the multitude of fans that enjoyed your game recaps hope you will soon publish more editorials on BEB-The Dead Storm as yet another season spirals out of control and is ripe for your award winning humor.
Things have become so predictably boring after games that we yearn for comic relief.  The leftist mob that now inhabits RDC is much of the same old crapsters. The site is now called RED.COM out of respect for our indigenous people in New York State......all 400 of them.
Don't let the name change fool you because lurking on his computer with his finger on the BANNED button is the seminary reject who really runs the site Herr Richard the Heartless from Ohio.  In true German fashion he insists on following the site rules that apply only to those he dislikes or may be Republicans disguised as St. John's fans.
So, we know how busy you are shoveling snow in that God forsaken remote village you have chosen in the witness protection program, but please dip into your ink well and give us the insulting news we deserve for being St. John's fans.
Your fan,
Johnny Rotten
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 02:43:34 PM by Johnny Rotten »

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2023, 03:58:35 PM »
The surprise of the season, besides the selling of beer at alumni hall of course, is how Soriano has played himself into the nba. Sadly not many Fordham rams make the league anymore.

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2023, 04:00:49 PM »

He recognizes sarcasm about as well as you recognize a rhetorical question.

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2023, 10:28:49 PM »
The surprise of the season, besides the selling of beer at alumni hall of course, is how Soriano has played himself into the nba. Sadly not many Fordham rams make the league anymore.
While Joel is having a great season for us and is a pretty good college player I don’t think his game translates to the NBA. Too slow on defense is a barrier right there.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 10:29:34 PM by Celtics11 »

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2023, 03:32:33 AM »
While Joel is having a great season for us and is a pretty good college player I don’t think his game translates to the NBA. Too slow on defense is a barrier right there.
I think the plethora of double doubles and the double double average will garner enough attention to get him in the league.

Foad

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2023, 08:27:34 AM »
He recognizes sarcasm about as well as you recognize a rhetorical question.

You well know Carmine that I've been ignoring you for more than 10 years now, since when in a different forum you maintained that the great alto saxophone player Charlie Parker was in fact a tenor saxophone player, which assertion you attempted to prove by posting a picture of Charlie Parker holding an alto saxophone, which alto saxophone you maintained was a tenor saxophone in the face of assurance by a professional saxophone player - that professional saxophone player would be me - that it was not; later in that conversation you claimed to sing opera as well as Renee Fleming. Wow, I thought, this guy is exquisitely stupid, even for a moron, and put you on my never mind list where you have stayed since.

In the interest of comity comedy I'll take you off briefly, only because you've presented me with the opportunity to make you look like an illiterate imbecile. Viz.:

Your statement

"Will the public apology to Mullin ... come in the form of a formal press release ... or consist of individual admissions of guilt from our disloyal fan base"

does comprise a rhetorical question. Good on you. That the question is rhetorical though, that doesn't make it meaningless; only an idiot would think otherwise. In fact, the form of your rhetorical has a name: it's called epiplexis. That's a rhetorical question that implies an answer containing a rebuke. For example, in the Bible, Job, much afflicted by boils and pestilence and whatnot asks of Yahweh:

"Why did I not perish at birth, and die as I came from the womb? Why were there knees to receive me and breasts that I might be nursed? Why was I not hidden in the ground like a stillborn child, like an infant who never saw the light of day?"

Job's questions aren't meaningless because they're rhetorical. Quite the opposite: they have deep meaning and their answers contain a rebuke. Why did I now perish at birth because I should have. Why was I not hidden in the ground like a stillborn child because I should have been. Dear God, Job is saying, why was I born at all if my only reward is suffering.

See? It's like if I were to ask rhetorically: "Why are Carmine's posts invariably stupid, dreary and boring?" The answer is implied and has import: Carmine's posts invariably stupid, dreary and boring because Carmine is stupid, dreary and boring.

Thus endeth the theology lesson. See you in the funny papers.

Foad

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2023, 08:40:08 AM »
please dip into your ink well and give us the insulting news we deserve for being St. John's fans.
Your fan,
Johnny Rotten

Well Johnny Rotten - if that is your real name - here's the thing. I used to write my hilarious spoofs about St John's because St John's basketball made me miserable. It was  way to let off steam and frustration. Nowadays though I root for St John's to lose every game. And since they almost never win games - meaningful ones anyway - I am rarely frustrated and unhappy. Quite the contrary: rooting against St John's is like rooting for Dook or the Yankees, fans of which I assume enter each year with the expectation Or at least the possibility) of a favorable outcome. Which is how I feel now. Personally I hope Anderson never gets fired, because he sucks and his stupid fugazi system sucks and St John's will suck for as long as he's the coach, and St John's sucking makes me happy. I'm mean sure, do I sometimes get the urge to pound out 2000 words rubbing that suck in the faces of dopes like Lawmanfan and the rest of the former seventh grade girl AAU coaches that comprise the Anderson / Cragg fan club at Redman dot dum. Of course I do. And maybe I will. But not today: because tomorrow's game day, and St John's is going to lose. And that's going to make me happy. Relatively speaking obviously.   

Foad

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2023, 04:25:14 PM »

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2023, 07:50:26 PM »
You well know Carmine that I've been ignoring you for more than 10 years now,
I hadnt noticed.

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2023, 08:37:29 PM »
Hey Doc. Are you a fan of the tenor in the Jay Mcshann orchestra? Ahhh I bet not. I have you pegged as more of a Michael Brecker/Ian Underwood kind of guy.

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2023, 08:50:31 PM »
Simply posted a thought in a rhetorical question. Never said it was a priority for me or should be for the fanbase at large. You're wrong.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 08:51:25 PM by carmineabbatiello »

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2023, 11:34:52 PM »

cjfish

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2023, 01:46:27 PM »
Defense excellent so far. Conn being held together by Hawkins being hot early. love backcourt depth

cjfish

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2023, 02:18:12 PM »
Defense excellent so far. Conn being held together by Hawkins being hot early. love backcourt depth

Hope y’all are watching, ye of little faith. Hopefully this is the first installment of the team peaking