Pride Goeth Before DePaul

• 5 replies

Foad

Pride Goeth Before DePaul
« on: February 15, 2023, 08:28:20 AM »
Mike "Seventh Place" Anderson has saved his job. This makes me very happy, because I root for St John's to lose every game and St John's will struggle to achieve mediocrity for as long as he's coach.

Re: Pride Goeth Before DePaul
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2023, 11:39:19 AM »
Why is this reason for celebration? We have to now go through another shit year next year with no tangible hope to be competitive and make the tournament in the near future. The goal this season was always to get Anderson fired as he continues to hold back the program. As far as I am concerned, the season was a failure because we did not achieve that goal.

Foad

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2023, 04:50:26 PM »
Why is this reason for celebration? We have to now go through another shit year next year with no tangible hope to be competitive and make the tournament in the near future. The goal this season was always to get Anderson fired as he continues to hold back the program. As far as I am concerned, the season was a failure because we did not achieve that goal.

http://www.bigeastboards.com/?p=1830

Poison

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2023, 06:46:03 PM »
That was one ugly basketball game. Reminds me of a Norm Roberts coached game.

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2023, 11:57:36 AM »
http://www.bigeastboards.com/?p=1830

Good points there, Foad. I can sympathize with where you are coming from with some good wit in that article. It is a perpetuating theme of dysfunction with this program and putting themselves in embarrassing situations. It is better to hope for the worst then continue this constant disappointment streak. The Mullin hire was set up for a fall if it did not lead to tangible commitment from him. Now we have the awkwardness that even our best player and Mr. St. John's could not fix the program. Former President Bobby was a nice man, but not a basketball man.

We all know what exactly it will take to be respectable again and the school continues to take this no real effort or tease position. Marketing an empty vessel to sell some tickets but not actually trying to win.  Not putting in the big bucks for a real coach or even upgrading the facilities to speak of. Bad look to do for the students, alumni and fans.

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2023, 09:11:54 PM »
The FUN is back!!!!!!