Pitino

• 104 replies
Re: Pitino
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2023, 11:32:50 AM »
I used to like keeping upperclassmen.  But it's a transfer portal world in which we live.

« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2023, 11:39:34 AM »
With the exception of Storr these were not can't miss studs. Let them go, clean house and let's get talented players here that can get us to March and beyond. As for Storr, not sure who directed it. But if it was Pitino, trust his instincts. If it was Storr, silly opportunity to pass  up playing for Hall of Fame coach and improve your game.

« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2023, 11:40:12 AM »
I knew Pitino was a #$%^ing a rear of a donkey way back when he got rid of Bernard King because King wanted to rehab his torn knee in private.  King went on to become an all-star.  The Knicks didn't win shit, even with Mark Jackson and Patrick Ewing.

So he's #$%^ing up college kids' lives by throwing them out.

In other words, he's just as loyal to those players who came to St John's when they could have gone elsewhere as he was to his wife when he porked an assistant coach's wife next to the veal marsala.

He makes it hard to root for him.
[/quote
I knew Pitino was a #$%^ing a rear of a donkey way back when he got rid of Bernard King because King wanted to rehab his torn knee in private.  King went on to become an all-star.  The Knicks didn't win shit, even with Mark Jackson and Patrick Ewing.

So he's #$%^ing up college kids' lives by throwing them out.

In other words, he's just as loyal to those players who came to St John's when they could have gone elsewhere as he was to his wife when he porked an assistant coach's wife next to the veal marsala.

He makes it hard to root for him.
You got all your facts wrong other than that great post. After 23 years of bullshit #$%^ loyalty we want to win!

Foad

« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2023, 11:50:46 AM »
With the exception of Storr these were not can't miss studs. Let them go, clean house and let's get talented players here that can get us to March and beyond. As for Storr, not sure who directed it. But if it was Pitino, trust his instincts. If it was Storr, silly opportunity to pass  up playing for Hall of Fame coach and improve your game.

Addition by subtraction by subtraction by subtraction by subtraction by subtraction by subtraction by subtraction.

« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2023, 12:53:35 PM »
Storr was promising as all heck. I can't spin his departure positively.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2023, 03:20:49 PM »
Posh left open the door to return to St. John’s. No fake news here…
https://twitter.com/poshalexander/status/1641120063871754240?s=46&t=t47-BnVyLdHERTavyO8-xg
Cougar O' Malley

Poison

« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2023, 07:12:45 AM »
Posh can transfer within the conference. Imagine if he transfers to Georgetown or even UConn.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 07:12:55 AM by Poison »

« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2023, 09:29:15 AM »
Posh can transfer within the conference. Imagine if he transfers to Georgetown or even UConn.

Posh would be a bench player on those teams.
His ego is bruised because Pitino doesn't like his guards to be capable of 6 turnovers in one game.

DFF6

« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2023, 09:46:28 AM »
Posh is the product of CMA coaching.  He peaked in his freshman year.

Foad

« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2023, 10:46:44 AM »

He's a natural for Cooley.

« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2023, 11:08:57 AM »
Why should he have loyalty to kids who don’t get back on defense?
I assume you know Posh was Big East defensive player of the year.  I suggest you follow the team before posting BS.

« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2023, 12:54:59 PM »
Still not a fan of Posh. I won't forget when we were playing decent against Nova early on and he was not getting serious minutes. Then Anderson puts him in the game with more minutes in the second half and our collapse began to take root. It is as if offensively we were 4 against 5. Why not use that scholarship for a true 2-way player or who has the potential to be? Or just an offensive juggernaut and 5 tool that other teams will not have an answer for. Pitino gets us into the 5 star discussions so why not open up that extra scholarship.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 12:55:30 PM by friendofjohnnie »

Foad

« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2023, 03:15:49 PM »
Still not a fan of Posh.

You're exhausting. Posh was BE freshman of the year and honorable mention all BE as a sophomore. He stunk this year because he was forced to play out of position. He was forced to play out of position because he was coached by a nitwit.

Pitino gets us into the 5 star discussions so why not open up that extra scholarship.

There are 17 five-star recruits in the entire US. One of them is unsigned. Five of the top 100 players in the US are unsigned. Whereas St John's currently has two scholarship players. Maybe you think Pitino can create players in a laboratory, like Fauci created COVID. If he can't, and if he can't coach Posh and Storr into your idea of Big East players, who's he going to coach up, the Iona starting five? And even if he kills it in the transfer portal, he's going to have half a dozen ish scholarships to fill next year. This sort of discontinuity benefits neither the program nor the players. It only benefits Pitino, who's long since demonstrated that he's a narcissistic sanctimonious gasbag. Reminds in that way me of Lavin, except we know that Pitino's dick works and Mary Ann Jarou knew that Lavin's didn't.

« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2023, 03:39:16 PM »
You're exhausting. Posh was BE freshman of the year and honorable mention all BE as a sophomore. He stunk this year because he was forced to play out of position. He was forced to play out of position because he was coached by a nitwit.

There are 17 five-star recruits in the entire US. One of them is unsigned. Five of the top 100 players in the US are unsigned. Whereas St John's currently has two scholarship players. Maybe you think Pitino can create players in a laboratory, like Fauci created COVID. If he can't, and if he can't coach Posh and Storr into your idea of Big East players, who's he going to coach up, the Iona starting five? And even if he kills it in the transfer portal, he's going to have half a dozen ish scholarships to fill next year. This sort of discontinuity benefits neither the program nor the players. It only benefits Pitino, who's long since demonstrated that he's a narcissistic sanctimonious gasbag. Reminds in that way me of Lavin, except we know that Pitino's dick works and Mary Ann Jarou knew that Lavin's didn't.

I don't see the discontinuity as a huge issue right now- Pitino needs a full year to recruit his guys. We are going to be competitive and surprise next year, but I don't think we expected Final Four level squad next year. Fine, you make the point Posh won those accolades and played better earlier on in his career here, but it did not work out when he was needed most this year. Call it bad coaching (fair point) or just bad basketball. Either way, the culture here rots and it was time to cut bait with players that were not great and did not have the play to bail them out.

The only player other than Soriano that I would have like seen stay is Storr.

« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2023, 03:41:32 PM »
Maybe it's me.  Maybe I've been following this underachieving steaming pile of excrement for too many years.  That's why I'm already bracing for next season's excuses...and the Greek Chorus that'll follow.

Like we'll lose early games because "we had to bring in too many players".  No you didn't.  A team that grossly underachieved and still won 18 games welcomed in the new coach.  They could have been coached up...with actual game plans, but no.  Of course, the Greek Chorus will chime in..."we're getting ready for March".  Maybe.  Our HOF coach guarantees it, but I'm badly jaded.

So we're rooting for an overly egotistical doosh bag to get us to the promised land.  That kind of takes the fun out of it, doesn't it?

Looie was our HOF coach.  How many NCAA championships does he have?  Change my mind, Rick.  We've had nothing whatsoever but negativity in the one week plus you've been on board. All I see is pieces of corn and straw on the droppings that remain of our program.  How about one positive shred we can take into the weekend.  Just one.

Foad

« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2023, 04:22:21 PM »
I don't see the discontinuity as a huge issue right now- Pitino needs a full year to recruit his guys.

If he needs a full year to recruit "his guys" then you're statement about opening up scholarships because we'll be soon involved with five star recruits is nonsense.

We are going to be competitive and surprise next year, but I don't think we expected Final Four level squad next year.

Here we agree. I don't see a FF on the horizon.

Fine, you make the point Posh won those accolades and played better earlier on in his career here, but it did not work out when he was needed most this year. Call it bad coaching (fair point) or just bad basketball. Either way, the culture here rots and it was time to cut bait with players that were not great and did not have the play to bail them out.

The only player other than Soriano that I would have like seen stay is Storr.

Exactly, it's all addition by subtraction. When they come here they're the second coming and when they leave they were cancers. Sure the coach was awful but the players were awful as well. Sure the new guy is a genius but he can't coach up the players who were here, which players beat Uconn.

As I said, you're exhausting.

« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2023, 04:26:10 PM »
Maybe it's me.  Maybe I've been following this underachieving steaming pile of excrement for too many years.  That's why I'm already bracing for next season's excuses...and the Greek Chorus that'll follow.

Like we'll lose early games because "we had to bring in too many players".  No you didn't.  A team that grossly underachieved and still won 18 games welcomed in the new coach.  They could have been coached up...with actual game plans, but no.  Of course, the Greek Chorus will chime in..."we're getting ready for March".  Maybe.  Our HOF coach guarantees it, but I'm badly jaded.

So we're rooting for an overly egotistical doosh bag to get us to the promised land.  That kind of takes the fun out of it, doesn't it?

Looie was our HOF coach.  How many NCAA championships does he have?  Change my mind, Rick.  We've had nothing whatsoever but negativity in the one week plus you've been on board. All I see is pieces of corn and straw on the droppings that remain of our program.  How about one positive shred we can take into the weekend.  Just one.
You not posting your idiotic BS would be all I need to have a great weekend.

Foad

« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2023, 04:27:36 PM »
Maybe it's me. 

No, it's not you. The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Poison

« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2023, 04:54:00 PM »
I assume you know Posh was Big East defensive player of the year.  I suggest you follow the team before posting BS.

Lol

Poison

« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2023, 06:11:05 PM »
If anyone thinks Pitino needs a year to turn this around, take it up with him. He disagrees.