Pitino

• 104 replies
Re: Pitino
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2023, 08:54:11 PM »
You not posting your idiotic BS would be all I need to have a great weekend.

Too bad your life centers around posts from total strangers.  Sad..

« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2023, 01:16:23 PM »
The portal has all the parts in it now to build 1 or 2 national championship teams,  the Key is getting  all the parts on campus, 5 star freshman which are mostly 1 an done usually can't match up with the best experienced players in college,  Rick understands basketball. The question is can he get all the player's he needs, he will be competitive next year bet that.

Poison

« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2023, 02:14:57 PM »
The portal has all the parts in it now to build 1 or 2 national championship teams,  the Key is getting  all the parts on campus, 5 star freshman which are mostly 1 an done usually can't match up with the best experienced players in college,  Rick understands basketball. The question is can he get all the player's he needs, he will be competitive next year bet that.

I don’t think that’s the question. We know what Coach Pitino can do. He wins everywhere. It’s just hard to look at a roster with three or four familiar faces.

DFF6

« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2023, 10:40:03 AM »
For Pitino, building a new roster from scratch, save Soriano, has only upside. If he is successful year 1, it re-confirms his coaching acumen. If they suck, it’s the rebuilding from scratch excuse. Holding on to underachieving players on the old roster sets him up for a lot of criticism if he can’t produce materially better results than CMA. Rick might not win humanitarian of the year while at SJU, but I don’t care. We have had a number of nice guy coaches who were awful. I haven’t been this optimistic about the program since Felipe was on the SI cover, and look at how well that turned out for us!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 03:31:16 PM by DFF6 »

« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2023, 11:44:58 AM »
Clayton to Florida. Not great.

« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2023, 12:14:50 PM »
The stupidest move of all time is getting rid of players before you have any idea who'll replace them. :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: 

Poison

« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2023, 02:05:03 PM »
The stupidest move of all time is getting rid of players before you have any idea who'll replace them. :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: 

Coach didn’t get rid of all of them. The university told some of them they were done here.

« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2023, 03:20:17 PM »
Coach didn’t get rid of all of them. The university told some of them they were done here.

I doubt Pitino was told what to do.  Too much ego here.

Foad

« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2023, 03:36:50 PM »

Lacks the sort of character Pitino demands of his players.

« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2023, 04:34:52 PM »

If the fool is going to turn down continuing to play for a Hall of Fame coach that made him what he is and potential Repole NIL money, then good riddance. We don't need you, go get overshadowed in the SEC.

« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2023, 06:44:38 PM »

I agree.  Coach Pitino should have told them how great they were and when a better player became available then drop the loser players one by one until the last duped player's scholarship is pulled.
That's the quality we respect in a coach!
Screw honesty!

« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2023, 06:55:28 PM »
Lacks the sort of character Pitino demands of his players.

Not at all.
Pitino recruited and signed an unknown player from the sticks of Florida and made him a coveted portal transfer.
Now Walter Clayton is returning to his home state of Florida where MEN ARE MEN & GIRLS ARE GIRLS.

Foad

« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2023, 09:14:31 PM »
If the fool is going to turn down continuing to play for a Hall of Fame coach that made him what he is and potential Repole NIL money, then good riddance. We don't need you, go get overshadowed in the SEC.

SJ fandom comprises some of the worst most ignorant pieces of shit in all of sports. You are perhaps the most worst most ignorant piece of shit in the pile of the worst pieces of shit that SJ fandom comprises.

DFF6

« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2023, 08:16:54 AM »
Losing Clayton sucks, and not a great look for Pitino, but he will move on to other kids looking to improve under his coaching. And I believe he does make kids better, unlike CMA, who made them regress.

« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2023, 09:32:36 AM »
SJ fandom comprises some of the worst most ignorant pieces of shit in all of sports. You are perhaps the most worst most ignorant piece of shit in the pile of the worst pieces of shit that SJ fandom comprises.

Well your a fan too, albeit a depressed one after the countless years of letdowns. I get that. But even you, like most of us here have hope with Pitino on board. You have stated same before. So point being- if the kid wants to lazy out and go play for a third-rate coach in Florida than continue playing for a Hall of Fame Coach that made him what he is to even be a viable recruit to a SEC program, than good riddance.

Poison

« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2023, 09:49:38 AM »
Well your a fan too, albeit a depressed one after the countless years of letdowns. I get that. But even you, like most of us here have hope with Pitino on board. You have stated same before. So point being- if the kid wants to lazy out and go play for a third-rate coach in Florida than continue playing for a Hall of Fame Coach that made him what he is to even be a viable recruit to a SEC program, than good riddance.

Where do you get the idea that Florida has a third rate Coach? They had one bad year. Otherwise it’s one of the best programs over the last 30 years. Clayton Jr can play. I don’t know if he’s a star in the SEC, but isn’t the sour grapes way getting old?

I wanted this kid. I wanted Posh to stay, too. At the end of the day, we ALL wanted Coach Rick Pitino, so we should support his choices, or stop complaining.

« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2023, 11:21:58 AM »
Where do you get the idea that Florida has a third rate Coach? They had one bad year. Otherwise it’s one of the best programs over the last 30 years. Clayton Jr can play. I don’t know if he’s a star in the SEC, but isn’t the sour grapes way getting old?

I wanted this kid. I wanted Posh to stay, too. At the end of the day, we ALL wanted Coach Rick Pitino, so we should support his choices, or stop complaining.

The guy has little to no resume. He was a mid-major coach at San Fran for 3 seasons with one NCAA auto bid from a weak conference. He then had a mediocre at best year at Florida this season. And this guy would rather play for him, than the Hall of Fame Coach who made him what he is.  If you said, he was going to play for Billy Donovan (who built the program), I get that. But to ditch Pitino is pathetic for a new and unproven hire.

Why do you want Posh to stay, he is a player on the decline? We can use the scholarship on someone else.

Poison

« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2023, 11:31:27 AM »
The guy has little to no resume. He was a mid-major coach at San Fran for 3 seasons with one NCAA auto bid from a weak conference. He then had a mediocre at best year at Florida this season. And this guy would rather play for him, than the Hall of Fame Coach who made him what he is.  If you said, he was going to play for Billy Donovan (who built the program), I get that. But to ditch Pitino is pathetic for a new and unproven hire.

Why do you want Posh to stay, he is a player on the decline? We can use the scholarship on someone else.

He’s not on the decline imo. He’s 21 years old.his coach stunk. I hope he chooses to return.

Foad

« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2023, 01:07:41 PM »
if the kid wants to lazy out and go play for a third-rate coach in Florida than continue playing for a Hall of Fame Coach that made him what he is to even be a viable recruit to a SEC program, than good riddance.

That a kid does not want to play for the program you support says nothing about his character. That you think it does might say something about yours.

Florida BB's made the elite eight eight times this century, the final four four times. Florida's ranked 29th in the country academically. The weather's better, the facilities are better and the campus is populated by ridiculously hot women wearing barely any clothes. The kid's from Florida. It seems to me he's made a pretty rational decision.

Foad

« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2023, 04:03:46 PM »
He’s not on the decline imo. He’s 21 years old.his coach stunk. I hope he chooses to return.

+1