SOURCES: ST. JOHN'S INTENDS TO HIRE RICK PITINO AS HEAD BASKETBALL COACH

• 15 replies

Poison

With every second that passes, the possibility of the braintrust getting a better idea grows stronger.

Foad

With every second that passes, the possibility of the braintrust getting a better idea grows stronger.

Mike Breyn.

There ain’t no better idea.

I see Kelvin Sampson out there, I see Jeff Capel out there, I see Sean Miller out there, and I say, what the heck, let Ricky play too.

The Redmen will rise again now that we have Pitino.....

Foad

The Redmen will rise again now that we have Pitino.....

Prediction: Pitino is dead within two years. Book it.

I thought you were going to root for St. John's again? This is why a bad season this past season was worth it. Better was bound to come.

DFF6

Welcome Coach Pitino!  Should be a fun 2 year run!

desco80

Morose, even for you.  And that's a pretty low bar.   

Even the Dr can appreciate this is the best thing to happen to the program since Barkley and Ron torched Maryland almost 25 years ago. 

Of course this gift comes with some pesky dingleberries hanging on it .... RP is older than Lou when he retired, brings baggage of all kinds, and the cupboard is relatively barren.   

But, compared to the shit salads we've been served from that night in Pittsburgh to Lavin watching his own team from a suite... this is a black & blue steak with a fine cab.   Let's enjoy it.   

Congrats fellas! I'm happy for us. Things are about to get very interesting.

Even the Dr can appreciate this is the best thing to happen to the program since Barkley and Ron torched Maryland almost 25 years ago. 

Of course this gift comes with some pesky dingleberries hanging on it .... RP is older than Lou when he retired, brings baggage of all kinds, and the cupboard is relatively barren.   

But, compared to the shit salads we've been served from that night in Pittsburgh to Lavin watching his own team from a suite... this is a black & blue steak with a fine cab.   Let's enjoy it.
Yessir, let's enjoy. I watched Miller, Sampson, and Capel all trotting out there this weekend and thought, Pitino will be out there soon in a Sweet 16 game.

Baggage smaggage with NIL you can pay the players no need for bags or prostitudes to entice recruits. He'll have plenty of talent year one with holdovers, recruits and the portal. He has been quoted as saying he can rebuild the roster in a matter of months. He is a young 70 should be good for at least 5-6. Best since Barkley-Artist? How bout best thing ever to happen to St. John's.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 07:53:12 PM by Celtics11 »

Poison

Congrats fellas! I'm happy for us. Things are about to get very interesting.

We've landed our best recruit in program history.

Foad

That'd be a pretty high bar, shirley.

I've lived through a lot of best things happening to the program: Curtis Redding, Felipe Lopez, Lenny Cooke, Darius Miles, up and comer Mike Jarvis replacing can't miss Fran Frachilla, Lavs return to the sidelines, prodigal son Chris Mullins, up and through Homerun Mike Anderson. Pardon me if I don't get excited just yet. Because in the Post Rick looks like death warmed over.