Re: Dick Vitale's Top 40
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 09:29:43 PM »
IMO, Georgetown and Kentucky way overrated

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 12:07:42 AM »

... as are Pukon & Marquette... #3 & #12???..  :o ??? .. they will both be good... but not "great" teams imo... MU has an excellent backcourt but NOTHING in the paint... Pukon is talented but Price is coming off yet ANOTHER season ending injury & has also lost the "dynamic duo" - Twiggins & Kelly - to transfer..  ;) ;D ... peace!

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 10:12:41 AM »
UCONN is going to wipe us off the court.

They are a year older and have all the important pieces back and even if Price is not like he was Kemba Walker is right there who is an absolute STUDD.

You hype us like crazy and a team that is going to be really tough, you do not give the full credit they deserve.

The BE is so tough this year, we will be lucky with 6 wins in it. Look at the pre-season predictions, we are not looking so hot. Hope I am wrong but do not think so.

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 12:05:51 PM »

... as are Pukon & Marquette... #3 & #12???..  :o ??? .. they will both be good... but not "great" teams imo... MU has an excellent backcourt but NOTHING in the paint... Pukon is talented but Price is coming off yet ANOTHER season ending injury & has also lost the "dynamic duo" - Twiggins & Kelly - to transfer..  ;) ;D ... peace!

You should lose your right to post for putting up this garbage. Clearly you know NOTHING about basketball.

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 12:11:16 PM »

You should lose your right to post for putting up this garbage. Clearly you know NOTHING about basketball.

What is wrong with what oldred posted? Marquette has an excellent backcourt with no bigmen. UConn will be good but AJ Price is coming off a big injury and Wiggins and Kelly are gone. Whats to argue about that statement?

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 12:16:50 PM »
I could care less about MU, hes right on that point. Uconn is going to be scary good. Wiggins will be a loss, great quickness, and a good passer, but we replace him with a FAR better player, albeit it a freshman, in KW. Kelly sucked, plain and simple. NOT what he was in HS. So thats actually improvement by him leaving. So much for the dynamic duo statement.

AJ will be just fine, the reports from people who have watched him ( unlike Scotcheroo here ) have said he is back 100% and will be just fine. Also reports are that Nate Miles is a force on offense, something we lacked the last 2 seasons. Also being reported is that Jeff Adrien is bigger and meaner than ever, not good for your post players at all. Hasheem has added weight as well as some outside shooting and better hands. I can keep going if you like, but this is an SJ msg board.

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 12:22:16 PM »
I could care less about MU, hes right on that point. Uconn is going to be scary good. Wiggins will be a loss, great quickness, and a good passer, but we replace him with a FAR better player, albeit it a freshman, in KW. Kelly sucked, plain and simple. NOT what he was in HS. So thats actually improvement by him leaving. So much for the dynamic duo statement.

AJ will be just fine, the reports from people who have watched him ( unlike Scotcheroo here ) have said he is back 100% and will be just fine. Also reports are that Nate Miles is a force on offense, something we lacked the last 2 seasons. Also being reported is that Jeff Adrien is bigger and meaner than ever, not good for your post players at all. Hasheem has added weight as well as some outside shooting and better hands. I can keep going if you like, but this is an SJ msg board.

Your post sounds exactly like Oldreds posts praising SJU. He posts what hes heard just like you just did. Same thing, just different schools

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 12:32:52 PM »

Your post sounds exactly like Oldreds posts praising SJU. He posts what hes heard just like you just did. Same thing, just different schools

Clearly, the biggest difference is that I actually have facts to back me up. I seriously doubt he is getting real info Marco. While I get mine from people who are actually PAID to write about our program, actually have BEEN to practices and work outs, etc.

Oldreds optimism is based on whatever meds the nurse gave him today. Clearly a difference even you can see.

Randomhero423

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 12:36:45 PM »
uconn is going to be great this year.

MU i can see not finishing in the top 25

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 12:38:34 PM »
Guys, U Conn is going to be at the top of the Big East.  Wiggins and Kelly didn't play all that much.  Kemba Walker was a coveted, ready-to-play point guard.  That bit about Thabeet goes under "sure he did;" he won't be raining 18-footers.  But Nate Miles is a shooter, the recruiting class is sharp.  Their offense looks to run, putting athletes in position to make plays even if they're not ready to create their own offense, unlike St. John's slow-down offense.

I'm a big St. John's homer, but to say U Conn isn't going to be really good is patently crazy, Price or no Price.  

I wouldn't be surprised if Marquette didn't experience a correction of some sort, but they've been playing without a dominant big for years.  They'll get enough turnovers and deflections to be an upper echelon contender.

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 12:41:20 PM »

Clearly, the biggest difference is that I actually have facts to back me up. I seriously doubt he is getting real info Marco. While I get mine from people who are actually PAID to write about our program, actually have BEEN to practices and work outs, etc.

Oldreds optimism is based on whatever meds the nurse gave him today. Clearly a difference even you can see.

Does anyone get back to 100% with the injury that Price had?  And to say Adrien is tougher and meaner than ever is opinion. You dont need to get PAID to have an opinion. Keep drinking the Calhoun-spiked Kool Aid

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008, 12:49:00 PM »

Wow, are you kidding me? Curtis Kelly barely played and UConn is bringing in a better PG in Kemba.  They will have an absolute dominating front line with Thabeet and Adrien.  They definitely seem to be at least an elite 8 team.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2008, 12:54:38 PM »

Does anyone get back to 100% with the injury that Price had?  And to say Adrien is tougher and meaner than ever is opinion. You dont need to get PAID to have an opinion. Keep drinking the Calhoun-spiked Kool Aid

I will.

Why do you even care? You're an Iona fan or something else arent you?

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2008, 12:55:32 PM »

Wow, are you kidding me? Curtis Kelly barely played and UConn is bringing in a better PG in Kemba.  They will have an absolute dominating front line with Thabeet and Adrien.  They definitely seem to be at least an elite 8 team.

At last, a fan who gets it. Try and see past your hatred Marco.

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2008, 12:56:42 PM »

No mention of the loss of Stanley Robinson, a 6'9" double-digit scoring starter and 40+% 3 pt shooter.
He was also their second best shotblocker and averaged one less rebound than the great Thabeet.

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2008, 01:12:35 PM »

At last, a fan who gets it. Try and see past your hatred Marco.

I said UConn is an excellent team, but I think their season depends on AJ Price. 

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2008, 01:16:24 PM »

Bingo marco... thank u for putting this guy in his place for me.. 8) .. peace!

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2008, 01:21:03 PM »
I love hating U Conn but it's not like they're going to fall off.  And if Robinson comes back for the second semester as planned... Kemba is no Wiggins.

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2008, 01:26:53 PM »

My thoughts exactly.. ;D ... looks like a couple of people are showing their TRUE COLORS on this thread..  ;) .. peace!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbZDjnWtK1A
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 01:34:39 PM by oldred10 »