Zags on Big East

• 63 replies
Re: Zags on Big East
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2008, 08:25:39 PM »
I thought Gause graduated. I like him a lot he is one if not thee best defender in the big east. He has such quick hands.

Seton Hall though is a train wreck waiting to happen. Earlier this month Jordan Theodare had his status on his facebook, "Sick of this Seton Hall Shit"

It just doesn't sound like a great team atmosphere there. Like Peter said they could be in real trouble when they hit foul trouble and even if they don't their rotation is very short and not exactly great.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kob24

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2008, 08:42:39 AM »
stix isn't a big east player in my opinion. Jordan Is good but he isn't playing with kemba or truck anymore and nunu is bugging out. The only one left is cab driver and he is gonna be chucking this year like crazy

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2008, 09:50:01 AM »
stix isn't a big east player in my opinion. Jordan Is good but he isn't playing with kemba or truck anymore and nunu is bugging out. The only one left is cab driver and he is gonna be chucking this year like crazy
what makes Stix not a BE player?  Never saw him at Duquesne (I don't think their games got television 2 yrs ago), but it seems like he put up okay numbers, rebounded decently well, shot from the outside... I don't think he can be Brian Laing, which is what they need.

Poison

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2008, 01:40:55 PM »
I thought Gause graduated. I like him a lot he is one if not thee best defender in the big east. He has such quick hands.

Seton Hall though is a train wreck waiting to happen. Earlier this month Jordan Theodare had his status on his facebook, "Sick of this Seton Hall Shit"

It just doesn't sound like a great team atmosphere there. Like Peter said they could be in real trouble when they hit foul trouble and even if they don't their rotation is very short and not exactly great.

Harvey, Theodore, Hazell, Gause are all better than anything we got.
Frontcourt is light, but not without any talent.

Garcia and Mitchell could be fine.

I just don't see how anyone could think we'd do better than them.
They could start, Harvey, Hazell, Gause, Mitchell, Garcia and bring Thoedore, Walters, Davis and Oliver off the bench. How is that so much different than SJU in 99-00?

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2008, 01:45:33 PM »
Without Nate Miles & Stanley ROBINSON UCONN is very beatable I know i am not in the majority here since rivals has as them 2nd best team in the country

http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=863206

I am not sure how you can be the 2nd best team in the country without a player who can do a post move

And with only one ball & two PGs who need the ball

There are too many questions surrounding that team for me to give them the # 2 in the USA & first in the Big east

As for the Hall I agree they got us at every spot except for our starting 3 &4 , which means they have an overall better team, can we still beat them heck yea but I bet Vegas has us as the underdogs for that game

Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2008, 02:41:38 PM »
I don't think Harvey is that good. Again look at Geno and Harvey's stats....they're the same player!
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kob24

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2008, 02:44:34 PM »
stix went to the right school he was at first

pmg911

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2008, 02:53:54 PM »
KOB. . curious to hear an honest answer...        do you think Justin Burrell will be an NBA player..?

Marillac

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2008, 10:31:38 PM »
KOB. . curious to hear an honest answer...        do you think Justin Burrell will be an NBA player..?

How could he say no, PMG?  Justin is good and can be a lot better, but there are just not a lot of 6'8 pure PF's in the league anymore. 

Marillac

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2008, 10:34:04 PM »

I'd take Stix over any player we have 1-3.

pmg911

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2008, 07:59:37 AM »

How could he say no, PMG?  Justin is good and can be a lot better, but there are just not a lot of 6'8 pure PF's in the league anymore. 

yeah..  because they are 6'10 & 7'0 now.. . and the ones that are 6'8 and succesful are superior talents...

kob24

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2008, 08:35:35 AM »
I am gonna say not yet but by year 3 he will

Randomhero423

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2008, 08:39:29 AM »
JB can be a quality 6thman for a team when all is said and done.

kob24

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2008, 08:44:20 AM »
I'm not knocking stick think he had a great high school career and had a good coach and family who had put him in  a good level. He isn't the answer to brian Lang and I wouldn't take him over Paris there is a reason why his nickname is stixs. Now he can score no doubt bout that and as far as I know he has good character but to say he will start for us I just can't see. If stix was a redman y'all would be roasting norm. The only guys I would take from the hall is nunu cab driver and guase that's it

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2008, 12:07:31 PM »
Maybe I missed something but why do you call Hazell "Cab Driver"?

mkras99

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2008, 12:09:09 PM »
I think that's his streetball nickname.

kob24

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2008, 12:14:36 PM »
yeah we have been calling him cab driver for a few years now. He looks like a cab driver

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2008, 12:30:53 PM »

14 Teams in the NBA have starting PF 6-9 & under , the NBA is getting shorter not taller the 1990's are when the Giraffes played

Knicks , Hawks , Pistons , Cavs, Heat , Wiz, Rockets , Grizz , Hornets , Nuggets , T-Wolves , Thunder, Jazz & Warriors
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2008, 12:51:11 PM »

He was a cab driver for 15 years before deciding to go to college

Marillac

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2008, 04:29:51 PM »

14 Teams in the NBA have starting PF 6-9 & under , the NBA is getting shorter not taller the 1990's are when the Giraffes played

Knicks , Hawks , Pistons , Cavs, Heat , Wiz, Rockets , Grizz , Hornets , Nuggets , T-Wolves , Thunder, Jazz & Warriors

Yes, but 6'9 is a world away from 6'8.  Every inch in the NBA means a lot.  A 6'4 2G is considered undersized, but 6'5 is okay.  That list you put wouid almost disapperar for guys 6'8 and under.  Also, I did say true PF and the Hawks, for example, don't have one.  I can't imagine Justin being a combo forward at the next level.  I just don't think he'll be an NBA player, but there is still time and he just might be the rare freak that is athletic enough to make 6'8 work.