bad news for cincy

• 12 replies
bad news for cincy
« on: October 23, 2008, 02:21:29 PM »
from associated press...

CINCINNATI (AP) -- Point guard Cashmere Wright, a freshman who was expected to play a big role for Cincinnati, tore a knee ligament and is out for the season.
   The team said Thursday that Wright tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during practice this week.
   The Bearcats had hoped that Wright could blend in quickly, allowing Deonta Vaughn -- their top returning scorer -- to play at shooting guard. Instead, Vaughn will have to move back to the point guard position.
   Last year, junior forward Mike Williams ruptured his Achilles' tendon during preseason workouts and missed the season, a blow to the team's front line. Williams is expected to play this season.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Re: bad news for cincy
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 02:25:30 PM »
from associated press...

CINCINNATI (AP) -- Point guard Cashmere Wright, a freshman who was expected to play a big role for Cincinnati, tore a knee ligament and is out for the season.
   The team said Thursday that Wright tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during practice this week.
   The Bearcats had hoped that Wright could blend in quickly, allowing Deonta Vaughn -- their top returning scorer -- to play at shooting guard. Instead, Vaughn will have to move back to the point guard position.
   Last year, junior forward Mike Williams ruptured his Achilles' tendon during preseason workouts and missed the season, a blow to the team's front line. Williams is expected to play this season.

OH SNAP.

Now, this is interesting.  They certainly wanted to play Deonta off the ball... maybe Dion Dixon can spell him.

I want to say this will sink them, but if they can find another way to curtail Vaughn's minutes (if Larry Davis or one of the new guards can score a little), Deonta will still be nice out there.  And won't slump at the end of the year. 

pmg911

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 02:28:00 PM »
that is terrible news for the young. .  hope he has a quick recovery...

As for Cincy. . I am really looking forward to seeing Reik play. . he could be massive wild card in the league this year...

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 02:33:38 PM »
that is terrible news for the young. .  hope he has a quick recovery...

As for Cincy. . I am really looking forward to seeing Reik play. . he could be massive wild card in the league this year...

Saw on one of the blogs he's halfway to being eligible second semester.

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 02:37:06 PM »
I think Reik could be a force but I do think he is a bit overrated as well. One of my friends attended and played at winchendon with him and he said his knees are really bad. So I'm curious as to how this plays out over his career.

I like Cronin as a coach and I think he can help squeak out a few more wins for Cincy.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Randomhero423

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 03:14:23 PM »
i heard riek is horrible.

kob24

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 03:23:42 PM »
He isn't horrible he is a little less better than thabeet. But if he gets cleared every bigeast coach is gonna protest he never finished school

Randomhero423

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 03:24:38 PM »
if price's quote is true about thabeet then he should be nasty this year.

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 04:35:35 PM »
John Riek is gonna be nice.  Trust me.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

kob24

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 09:10:27 PM »
I just can't see him getting cleared

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 11:56:49 PM »
He doesn't speak english
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 01:38:35 AM »
Deonta really needs to be off the ball for that team to do well. 

Randomhero423