Mason / Burell

• 12 replies
Mason / Burell
« on: October 23, 2008, 11:35:54 PM »
Can you see some HI/LOW action going on between the two of them this year? Boothe kicking it down to Burrell... and if he gets double teamed... hell kick it out to mase for the open jumper.

Re: Mason / Burell
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 11:37:23 PM »
yeah, in practice.

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 11:51:24 PM »
lol,

I hope so. I'm hoping Burrell with the rebound outlet to Boothe up court to Mason.....slamma jamma. Fast break dunk.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 01:37:56 AM »
yeah, in practice.

LOLOLOL 

We haven't been running a lot of hi-lo for a team that supposedly is a hi-lo offense. 

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 12:54:01 PM »
yeah, in practice.

LOLOLOL 

We haven't been running a lot of hi-lo for a team that supposedly is a hi-lo offense. 

LOL.... Well I am hoping that it becomes a reality this year. I still remember the game against Hofstra at St. John's when we were up big at the half (and ended up losing). The second half, Geno looked clueless that 2nd half and couldn't get a clean pass down low for his life. All they did for the second half is pass the ball around the perimeter and take shots (which only about 5%-10% landed). I felt very sorry for the team that day... cause I know they were embarrassed.

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 01:17:16 PM »
yeah, in practice.

LOLOLOL 

Yeah we have. The other team scores a lot of points ( High ) and we score very few ( low ). That's Norm's Hi-Lo for you

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 02:52:56 PM »
yeah, in practice.

LOLOLOL 

Yeah we have. The other team scores a lot of points ( High ) and we score very few ( low ). That's Norm's Hi-Lo for you

LOL... can't argue with that one. But let's try and be optimistic for this season. I do think/hope that we will be better than what most of us fans (and media) think we will be.

Poison

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 03:06:56 PM »
yeah, in practice.

I was at that game. I felt very sorry for myself for having to watch SJU blow a 15 point lead.
I liked Geno because he looked like a running back, but he gave up too often, and far more often than people realize. Namely his coach. Most of those passes were just thrown away.

LOLOLOL 

LOL.... Well I am hoping that it becomes a reality this year. I still remember the game against Hofstra at St. John's when we were up big at the half (and ended up losing). The second half, Geno looked clueless that 2nd half and couldn't get a clean pass down low for his life. All they did for the second half is pass the ball around the perimeter and take shots (which only about 5%-10% landed). I felt very sorry for the team that day... cause I know they were embarrassed.

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 03:08:11 PM »
yeah, in practice.

LOLOLOL 

LOL... can't argue with that one. But let's try and be optimistic for this season. I do think/hope that we will be better than what most of us fans (and media) think we will be.
I think we are going to win 12-13 games. I guess that's optomistic because that would be more wins than last year :)

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 03:50:35 PM »
yeah, in practice.

LOLOLOL 

I think we are going to win 12-13 games. I guess that's optomistic because that would be more wins than last year :)
right...baby steps.

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 12:27:25 AM »
No reason the johnnies can't win 17 or 18 games if Mason and Burrell bring their "A" games every night and Malik takes care of the ball. It's up to the coaches to figure out the rest.

The lack of excitement/hope in regards to this season is really sad. It seems alot of people in the media and the majority of the fans on these internet forums have written this team off already. Big mistake if you ask me.

Don't sleep on the storm in '09.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 12:29:52 AM by NiteRider91 »

Poison

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2008, 10:52:41 AM »
No reason the johnnies can't win 17 or 18 games if Mason and Burrell bring their "A" games every night and Malik takes care of the ball. It's up to the coaches to figure out the rest.

The lack of excitement/hope in regards to this season is really sad. It seems alot of people in the media and the majority of the fans on these internet forums have written this team off already. Big mistake if you ask me.

what have they done bring about excitement? i think people are excited for college hoops because people like college hoops. roberts struck out on every local recruit, and our best 3 point shooter dropped us cold to go to some crap midwestern school.

wash, rinse repeat. same story every year. the storm need to prove that they are worthy of being in the big east. every year that goes by where we are completely irrelevant, we get closer to making it obvious that we don't belong in this conference.

If they want respect, they have to play like they want it. There is no reason why Mason and Burrell can't bring their "A" games every night. No reason except a desire to win, and that has to be questioned if this continues yet again.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2008, 08:07:11 PM »

Are you on of the posters of this piece, then -

http://thebigbeastnj.blogspot.com/2008/10/mason-makes-storm-no-laughing-matter.html

A positive look at the Red Storm?  I though I only saw that on the message boards!  I do think they don't have to suck, but I am not predicting anything yet.  17-18 games is pushing it (ain't putting money on that one), but that's why we watch the games.  Anything can happen in college ball.