So I just made a bet....

• 27 replies
Re: So I just made a bet....
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2008, 01:10:35 AM »
we win at providence upset dame. Pitt is a toss up

@ PITT is toss up KOB.   please. . go look at Norm's record on the road in conference...     and PITT is Top 10 team...    

The only road game I think we have a shot at winning is @ DePaul...

@ PC, @ Nova, @ WVU, @ Cincy, @ DePaul are all winnable games

St. John's has played a lot of "winnable" games on the road the past two years. .  problem is that we rarely win them...

To say the only winnable game is Depaul to me is a bit of an overstatement. I'm not saying we'll win all those games but they are winnable.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2008, 02:53:44 AM »

@ PITT is toss up KOB.   please. . go look at Norm's record on the road in conference...     and PITT is Top 10 team...    

St. John's has played a lot of "winnable" games on the road the past two years. .  problem is that we rarely win them...

To say the only winnable game is Depaul to me is a bit of an overstatement. I'm not saying we'll win all those games but they are winnable.

I think he meant road games.  Norm has one of the worst road records in the country over his five years, wer are still single digits.

pmg911

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2008, 10:11:52 AM »

its not an overstatement at all..    Norm's road record speaks for itself...

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2008, 12:02:17 PM »

Have you checked the road record of every BE team last year tell me how Norm stacks up? You'd be surprised.

pmg911

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2008, 01:29:42 PM »

Have you checked the road record of every BE team last year tell me how Norm stacks up? You'd be surprised.

the other coaches don't coach St. John's..  Norm's road record is his own and talking about another coach's road record serves no point in this particualr conversation...

Norm's team have been absolutely horrendous on the road since he has been coach..

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2008, 01:50:14 PM »

the other coaches don't coach St. John's..  Norm's road record is his own and talking about another coach's road record serves no point in this particualr conversation...

Norm's team have been absolutely horrendous on the road since he has been coach..

You must hold this to some type of comparible standard. I think the rest of the Big East would be. My point is every team was terrible on the road in conference play except for the top 2-3 teams in the conference.

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2008, 07:56:18 PM »
at Providence - loss
Notre Dame   -loss
at Pittsburgh  -loss   
Connecticut    -loss
at Villanova   -loss 
Cincinnati    -win
Rutgers    - win
at West Virginia -loss
South Florida  -win
at Seton Hall  -win
Louisville     -loss
at Cincinnati    -win
at Marquette    -loss
Seton Hall    -win
Syracuse     -loss
at DePaul    -win
Georgetown    -loss
at Notre Dame  -loss

7-11

Marillac

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2008, 10:03:38 PM »
at Providence - loss
Notre Dame   -loss
at Pittsburgh  -loss  
Connecticut    -loss
at Villanova   -loss 
Cincinnati    -win
Rutgers    - win
at West Virginia -loss
South Florida  -win
at Seton Hall  -win
Louisville     -loss
at Cincinnati    -win
at Marquette    -loss
Seton Hall    -win
Syracuse     -loss
at DePaul    -win
Georgetown    -loss
at Notre Dame  -loss

7-11

You think we will beat Cincy and Seton Hall twice each?  We haven't beaten a team twice in a season since Norm has been here, but now were are going to do it twice in one year?  You can go ahead and write in a 1-1 split for each right now.