What part is scary?

kob24

Re: Ecomonics
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2008, 09:44:12 PM »
the fact u think the country isn't ready for a black president

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2008, 09:52:57 PM »
the fact u think the country isn't ready for a black president

Every critcal decision he makes will be scrutinized more than before and God forbid something happens to him. This Country will be at war with itself. Chaos

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2008, 10:10:31 PM »
Marco,

Voting for McCain for his service.. or not for Obama because you don’t think the country is ready are reasons. I may disagree, but they’re reasons. But in other ways, you don’t just sound like a bigot, you are one. And for some reason you’re ready to accept that about yourself, “I can’t help that – just the way it is (for me)”.

But you can help it. And for a whole host of reasons, you should. We can all grow and change for the better. And this would be a lot for the better.

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2008, 10:12:18 PM »
If our country isnt ready now it will never be.

I just wish he wasnt so liberal

When G W Bush was elected in 2000 I was angry because I pretty much knew then he'd be a disaster. In 04 I was even angrier.

If Obama gets elected I'm going to be pissed because I really think McCain could reshape the republican party and make the country better but I'll be proud that our country elected a black president. I'd have less of a problem voting for him now if we had a republican congress.

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2008, 10:23:13 PM »
Marco,

Voting for McCain for his service.. or not for Obama because you don’t think the country is ready are reasons. I may disagree, but they’re reasons. But in other ways, you don’t just sound like a bigot, you are one. And for some reason you’re ready to accept that about yourself, “I can’t help that – just the way it is (for me)”.

But you can help it. And for a whole host of reasons, you should. We can all grow and change for the better. And this would be a lot for the better.

I have reaons for my sterotyping, and they are earned and well deserved.

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2008, 10:46:09 PM »
My brother, stereotyping is never deserved.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2008, 11:06:52 PM »
i remember when someone said baseball wasn't "ready" for a black manager..."doesn't have the necessities".  now that black managers and coaches are winning championships no one even notices when one is hired.

as far as mccain turning the republican party around.  the republican party will be turned around for the better once he's defeated.  this guy is a loose cannon...and can you imagine palin as president?  if you excuse the expression, mccain muffed that pick.

kob24

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2008, 11:40:14 PM »
marco the difference with this country and others is that we are not open minded at all. It's like we won't grant mexicans citizenship but we allow them to cook at our five star resturants and cut our grass. It is a double standard. This country needs to grow up seriously. I don't know if Obama is the answer but I do know we as a country needs some new life. The only choas I see happening is if god forbid he gets killed then there is gonna be alot of people acting ignorant and I will be one. It isn't fair we are ready to work for people and spend our money and vote but we are not ready to lead.  When are we gonna be ready. We payed our dues what more is it gonna take. We are mayors billionares teachers cops doctors lawyers senators governers it is time my brother. Give the man a chance if he fails get him out but give him a chance

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2008, 12:11:46 AM »
marco the difference with this country and others is that we are not open minded at all. It's like we won't grant mexicans citizenship but we allow them to cook at our five star resturants and cut our grass. It is a double standard. This country needs to grow up seriously. I don't know if Obama is the answer but I do know we as a country needs some new life. The only choas I see happening is if god forbid he gets killed then there is gonna be alot of people acting ignorant and I will be one. It isn't fair we are ready to work for people and spend our money and vote but we are not ready to lead.  When are we gonna be ready. We payed our dues what more is it gonna take. We are mayors billionares teachers cops doctors lawyers senators governers it is time my brother. Give the man a chance if he fails get him out but give him a chance

IN this particular instance I was not questioning Obamas readiness, I was questioning this Country readiness.
Who says this Country doesnt want to grant Mexicans  citizenship? Plenty of Mexicans have become citizens, why not the rest? Illegal immigrants come in with their hands out,spending my hard earned tax dollars. If they want to become citizens,great- become one and pay taxes like the rest of us. If they want to cause problems and freeload, round them up and send them home. In other words, get the f out.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 12:12:31 AM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2008, 12:26:20 AM »
i remember when someone said baseball wasn't "ready" for a black manager..."doesn't have the necessities".  now that black managers and coaches are winning championships no one even notices when one is hired.

as far as mccain turning the republican party around.  the republican party will be turned around for the better once he's defeated.  this guy is a loose cannon...and can you imagine palin as president?  if you excuse the expression, mccain muffed that pick.

If it isnt a problem in professional sports, than why is there a rule that minorties have to be interviewed when teams are searching for coaching candidates?

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2008, 01:40:10 AM »
IR

If it isnt a problem in professional sports, than why is there a rule that minorties have to be interviewed when teams are searching for coaching candidates?
fairness.

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2008, 02:25:18 AM »

The rule is there because of people like you. People who prejudge and use sterotypes. Blacks would never get a sniff if the Majors was filled with people that had your attitude.

kob24

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2008, 07:44:04 AM »
like I said marco believe it or not I do respect ur feeling because u do have enough balls to say how u feel. But I wish u would just look at things a little different. I still will have a drink with u and watch the games next to u. I was taught to give anyone a chance. Black folks and native Americans more than anyone should be apprehensive toward white folks but we got over what happened to us. Every white man who owns a farm and carrys a gun isn't a slave master Or a supremist.

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2008, 08:50:04 AM »
I have reaons for my sterotyping, and they are earned and well deserved.

I definitely appreciate the honesty.  I have to admit that when I stepped on an airplane after 9/11 I stereotyped.  I don't know too many people who didn't.  And til this day I stereotype on an airplane.  I'm not proud of it but when I see something red with smoke coming out of it I stereotype that it is hot.  Its instinctive.

But I just don't think Obama fits in this stereotype.  The fact that he wore a turban on a diplomatic trip?  What if Mccain dressed up as  a Muslim for Halloween once and someone took a picture...would that disqualify him?
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

pmg911

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2008, 01:18:25 PM »
Received this e-mail...      thought it was interesting ..

Here is a creative approach to redistribution of wealth as offered by a reader of the local newspaper, the Eagle Tribune.

Today on my way to lunch I passed a homeless guy with a sign that read "Vote Obama, I need the money." I laughed.

Once in the restaurant my server had on a "Obama 08" tie, again I laughed--just imagine the coincidence.

When the bill came I decided not to tip the server and explained to him that I was exploring the Obama redistribution of wealth concept. He stood there in disbelief while I told him that I was going to redistribute his tip to someone whom I deemed more in need--the
homeless guy outside. The server angrily stormed from my sight.

I went outside, gave the homeless guy $10 and told him to thank the server inside as I decided he could use the money more. The homeless guy was grateful.

At the end of my rather unscientific redistribution experiment I realized the homeless guy was grateful for the money he did not earn, but the waiter was pretty angry that I gave away the money he did earn even though the actual recipient deserved money more.

I guess redistribution of wealth is an easier thing to swallow in concept than in practical application.

IS REDISTRIBUTION OF SOMEONE ELSE'S WEALTH A GREAT  IDEA..............OR JUST A FOOL'S POLITICAL GAME !!

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2008, 01:58:09 PM »
Received this e-mail...      thought it was interesting ..

Here is a creative approach to redistribution of wealth as offered by a reader of the local newspaper, the Eagle Tribune.

Today on my way to lunch I passed a homeless guy with a sign that read "Vote Obama, I need the money." I laughed.

Once in the restaurant my server had on a "Obama 08" tie, again I laughed--just imagine the coincidence.

When the bill came I decided not to tip the server and explained to him that I was exploring the Obama redistribution of wealth concept. He stood there in disbelief while I told him that I was going to redistribute his tip to someone whom I deemed more in need--the
homeless guy outside. The server angrily stormed from my sight.

I went outside, gave the homeless guy $10 and told him to thank the server inside as I decided he could use the money more. The homeless guy was grateful.

At the end of my rather unscientific redistribution experiment I realized the homeless guy was grateful for the money he did not earn, but the waiter was pretty angry that I gave away the money he did earn even though the actual recipient deserved money more.

I guess redistribution of wealth is an easier thing to swallow in concept than in practical application.

IS REDISTRIBUTION OF SOMEONE ELSE'S WEALTH A GREAT  IDEA..............OR JUST A FOOL'S POLITICAL GAME !!

nice email. i never understood redistribution of wealth to non-tax payers in this country.

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2008, 03:29:22 PM »
returning to the tax codes of the clinton isn't exactly "redistributing the wealth" as the super greedy would have you believe.

that homeless guy may have been a hard worker at one time whose job was cut by corporate mergers.  i should point out veterans make up a large percentage of the homeless.  these are all taxpayers who want to pay taxes again.

an ideal america is where people love the red white and blue more than the green.

pmg911

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2008, 03:40:55 PM »
returning to the tax codes of the clinton isn't exactly "redistributing the wealth" as the super greedy would have you believe.

that homeless guy may have been a hard worker at one time whose job was cut by corporate mergers.  i should point out veterans make up a large percentage of the homeless.  these are all taxpayers who want to pay taxes again.

an ideal america is where people love the red white and blue more than the green.

why do you call people who are succesful greedy...     those people you are calling greedy already pay 50% or higher in income tax...  you can't really believe its remotely fair to ask more of those people...

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2008, 03:56:28 PM »

PUULEEEZE. If you truly believe this, your naive.