Team Practice on SI

• 49 replies
Re: Team Practice on SI
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2008, 12:42:34 PM »
The Staten Island Advance article says that Rob Thomas played... but the same article thinks the team went 16-15 last year. 

http://www.silive.com/colleges/advance/stjohns/index.ssf?/base/sports/12251898223910.xml&coll=1

Would be nice to see Rob Thomas in game action... if he is going to be able to play this year.

Also the most poorly put together highlight reel lol

http://videos.silive.com/staten-island-advance/2008/10/st_johns_spirit_night_2008.html

LOL... Your not kidding. That was horrible. I think a 12 year old could have done a better job.

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2008, 12:44:16 PM »
The Staten Island Advance article says that Rob Thomas played... but the same article thinks the team went 16-15 last year. 

http://www.silive.com/colleges/advance/stjohns/index.ssf?/base/sports/12251898223910.xml&coll=1

Would be nice to see Rob Thomas in game action... if he is going to be able to play this year.

Also the most poorly put together highlight reel lol

http://videos.silive.com/staten-island-advance/2008/10/st_johns_spirit_night_2008.html

LOL... Your not kidding. That was horrible. I think a 12 year old could have done a better job.

Well the guy who put it together his name is mcweeny...i feel bad enough for him for that
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

mkras99

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2008, 12:48:56 PM »

"We're going to be much better this year," said Roberts.

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2008, 12:59:04 PM »

Yeah... but so is the rest of the leauge! LOL... after all... the media was predicting 10 teams from the BE in the NCAA tourney.
Honestly... I do hope that we make progress this year... I would be content with 9-11 range in the BE with a NIT spot. Estatic if we went further.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2008, 01:05:25 PM »
boothe, dj, mase, burrell, coker
Quincy,Paris, rob, sean, tomas
Wait, tyshwan.
Paris is first off the bench an the starting line up will change come big east
How do you think the starting lineup will change (if you're free to say, you can PM if you'd rather not post it)?  Do you think Coach is wise enough to leave Tomas buried on the bench unless the squad needs some height and fouls?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 01:05:52 PM by peter »

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2008, 01:17:38 PM »
boothe, dj, mase, burrell, coker
Quincy,Paris, rob, sean, tomas
Wait, tyshwan.
Paris is first off the bench an the starting line up will change come big east

Thats the way I see it.  I'm not convinced Quincy is a PG but he maybe our only option if Ty doesn't adjust quickly enough.

The only change I see happening at Big East time is if either Roberts or Horne play well and Kennedy struggles with his outside shot.  Then I think Kennedy would come off the bench but still get a lot of playing time.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

pmg911

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2008, 01:55:19 PM »

Yeah... but so is the rest of the leauge! LOL... after all... the media was predicting 10 teams from the BE in the NCAA tourney.
Honestly... I do hope that we make progress this year... I would be content with 9-11 range in the BE with a NIT spot. Estatic if we went further.

I agree but how sad that the bar is so low to make the fans happy...

Poison

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2008, 02:05:39 PM »

Um, LIU is going to be a tough game? It should be a tough game. For Wagner.

"We're playing tough games before the Big East schedule. LIU is going to be a tough opening game and we play Cornell, a tournament team that has everyone back and then the Preseason NIT," said Roberts. "We'll be well prepared to play good teams by the time our Big East schedule starts."

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2008, 02:12:29 PM »
Thank you for the report on the S.I. scrimmage 2395.

Expect quincy and paris to get plenty of time in the backcourt. Especially if malik struggles to put the ball in the hoop on a consistant basis. And ty is simply not strong enough to compete at this level yet.

My prediction on the rotation once conference play starts : boothe, mason jr, coker, burrell and kennedy. With paris, sean, quncy and thomas off the pine in that order.

Anyone know if there is going to be a similar type event on the Queens campus? If not will sju be srimmaging drexel or iona at CA in the next couple weeks? Thanks in advance.

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2008, 02:30:01 PM »

I would only be happy for this year. I would expect much more next season (and the season after that) when alot of the guys are upper classmen. 

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2008, 03:23:11 PM »

Expect quincy and paris to get plenty of time in the backcourt. Especially if malik struggles to put the ball in the hoop on a consistant basis. And ty is simply not strong enough to compete at this level yet.

My prediction on the rotation once conference play starts : boothe, mason jr, coker, burrell and kennedy. With paris, sean, quncy and thomas off the pine in that order.

Anyone know if there is going to be a similar type event on the Queens campus? If not will sju be srimmaging drexel or iona at CA in the next couple weeks? Thanks in advance.

Iona scrimmage is in New Rochelle

kob24

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2008, 03:34:29 PM »
I might be there marco

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2008, 03:35:51 PM »
I might be there marco

FRom what Im hearing, theyre only allowing staff in the gym. Hopefully Im wrong though

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2008, 04:12:33 PM »
I might be there marco
If Baldi is going dont wear a turban :)

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2008, 04:24:47 PM »

Iona scrimmage is in New Rochelle

do you know when?
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2008, 04:42:43 PM »
How did Quincy look compared to Horne ?

If his handle & shot are better, might he eat into Horne's minutes too ?

Remember Ty & Q are tru frosh.
Some 18 yr olds ( Q )just grow into their frame quicker.

On the JJ roster list TY & Q both listed @170-175,
but on SJU official roster Q shown @ 190 (Ty 175)

17 days to opener ! (on SNY TV!!)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 05:35:09 PM by stevep502 »
Molloy '71

sjd8886

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2008, 09:00:26 PM »

u would be CONTENT with 9-11 big east wins lol...how about we go 18-0, would that make u HAPPY

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2008, 09:19:53 PM »
I might be there marco
If Baldi is going dont wear a turban :)

Ya that wouldnt be a good idea. lol

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2008, 11:30:43 PM »

9 BE wins is (likely) NCAA material unless the Big East really gets smoked in the non-conference.

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2008, 11:32:47 PM »

In your opinion of course. I think 10th place in the Big East this season is an attainable and good bar to reach for. Difference between 8th and 12th last year was 2 wins. 8th made the sweet 16 of the tourney and 12th wasn't even NIT(I believe off the top of my head)
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle