A reason for optomism?

• 35 replies

Marillac

Re: A reason for optomism?
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2008, 11:07:41 PM »
the knicks spurs and bobcats have been to practice.

why..?

I don't know pmg that is their job. I guess because they looking at mass and burrell had alot of guys eyeing him in vegas he did his thing. Word travels fast in this game
Don't they know Burrell is 6'8"? ;)

They were there for Mase. 

kob24

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2008, 11:56:36 PM »
Nah for both

Marillac

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2008, 03:20:48 PM »
Nah for both

I"m not doubting they took a look at JB, and even Kennedy for that matter, but there is no reason to visit a sophomore that is at best three years aways from being drafted at a practice.  If they are keeping tabs on him at games, that is one thing.  Mason is a legit top 75 player coming out this year and he is intriguing because he does possess a lot of things that scouts look for:  terrific size and length, solid NBA athletic ability, a good shooter that could become a very solid NBA three point shooter, a good defensive mentality, and nice stats against good competition. 

kob24

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2008, 04:35:16 PM »
Let me ask a question why question me when I am around them? This is my job and my kids. I speak to all the college coaches and I speak to some NBA scouts. I have had my run in with a fair share of agents I have hung out with the NBA players. Why question me? I didn't say they drafting him and he is all American. All I said was they looking at both. And how do I know because I am there.

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2008, 05:21:07 PM »
Let me ask a question why question me when I am around them? This is my job and my kids. I speak to all the college coaches and I speak to some NBA scouts. I have had my run in with a fair share of agents I have hung out with the NBA players. Why question me? I didn't say they drafting him and he is all American. All I said was they looking at both. And how do I know because I am there.
KOB what were the scouts impressions of the team in general ?

kob24

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2008, 06:13:57 PM »
I didn't speak with the knicks scout that was there but I talked with Someone from the organization that deals with scouting. It's the same thing they need some one who can create and they need to run. They look good the problem the whole confrence is. and shooting. Malik is tuff but who is gonna back him up. I think it will be Quincy and justin and DJ looks like they have become men. Excuse the typing but I'm in traffic going back and forth on my phone

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2008, 08:38:57 PM »
A lot of scouts look at a lot of players at a lot of schools lets not get too hung up on the matter or even argue about who was looking at who its pointless. Its a scouts job to look at everyone regardless of who they originally intended to see. Why wouldn't you grab a look at everyone? They are always going to kill as many birds as possible with one stone.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2008, 10:09:16 PM »

Because I have worked for MSG and have friends in the NBA office.  I've been privy to almost all the scouting reports the Knicks had while I worked there and visiting kids at practice is one of the final things they do to evaluate a kid.  The size and athletic ability have to be on par first, the stats second and then watching them in practice and seeing how they learn, how they lead or lack there of, work ethic etc.  Mase is in that stage now. A player like Donte Green last year, while a freshman, was in that stage.  I'm sure they took a look at Justin and they would be stupid not to.  They probalby also looked at Kennedy and Malik, but they were there for Mason who is done in March 2009 not March 2011 like JB. 

Bottomline is if Mase wasn't playing they wouldn't have come. 

kob24

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2008, 10:42:06 PM »
u know what marillac I believe u. I'm gonna keep quite and let his game speak for itself and we will see where it goes. any other things I  hear or see I will pass it on to other guys in here and let them put it out there. I'm going on vacation for a bit

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2008, 07:35:27 PM »
u know what marillac I believe u. I'm gonna keep quite and let his game speak for itself and we will see where it goes. any other things I  hear or see I will pass it on to other guys in here and let them put it out there. I'm going on vacation for a bit

Dont stop posting KOB. Your posts are a MUST READ and one of the reasons I read the site.

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2008, 07:51:37 PM »
I agree!  You are a "must read" on this board

Marillac

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2008, 08:20:33 PM »

KOB you contribute a lot...don't stop posting on my account.  We agree almost all the time and seem to know a lot of the same people.  I don't even think we were disagreeing all that much about it.  Justin's time will come and he will be thoroughly scouted, I'm just saying Mase was the main attraction this time and I believe you that they also looked at JB. 

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2008, 01:47:23 PM »
KOB now is not the time for a sabbatical. This is when we need you more than ever. Hang in there brother and do it for the common cause.

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2008, 01:28:48 AM »
KOB where you at baby......???? You are my Wall Street Journal and the Journal News all rolled up into one. A must read daily.

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2008, 11:16:46 PM »
http://media.www.torchonline.com/media/storage/paper952/news/2008/10/29/EditorColumns/From-Right.To.Left-3513056.shtml

Whether or not Pitino and those pro scouts' prediction pans out or not, one thing is not up for argument: the 2008-09 Red Storm will be something to watch.

Marillac

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2008, 02:14:55 AM »
http://media.www.torchonline.com/media/storage/paper952/news/2008/10/29/EditorColumns/From-Right.To.Left-3513056.shtml

Whether or not Pitino and those pro scouts' prediction pans out or not, one thing is not up for argument: the 2008-09 Red Storm will be something to watch.

Yeah, they'll be the most exciting non-NIT team in the country ;)