Sterling Gibbs - PG - Seton Hall Preparatory - West Orange, NJ - TEXAS

• 94 replies

sjd8886

Re: Sterling Gibbs - PG - Seton Hall Preparatory - West Orange, NJ
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2010, 06:33:08 PM »
norm could of had him

norm "could have" had a lot of guys...norm "could have" won alot of games...norm "could have" saved his job...lets let the "could haves" rest...we got a new coach, who the worst thing u can say about is, he "could have" won a national title or two

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2010, 06:38:48 PM »
norm could of had him

Are you sayin if Norm was still here, Sterling Gibbs would be coming?
::)

Why the stupid face?

:o

boo3

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2010, 06:56:58 PM »

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2010, 06:59:42 PM »
norm could of had him

Are you sayin if Norm was still here, Sterling Gibbs would be coming?
::)

Why the stupid face?

:o

SJD  said it all.

Kobs post cant be taken in different ways. Does he mean if Norm and Cross were still here, Gibbs would be coming?

boo3

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2010, 07:02:04 PM »
 Say it's true, although there is no way it can be proven.  Does it really matter? 

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2010, 10:30:13 PM »
Gibbs is just one player out of many.  I fully believe we will be able to talk about some exciting recruits by the end of the summer.

kob24

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2010, 11:25:43 PM »
the point i was making was that if norm recruited sterling hard he could have got him. like lavin could have gotten lamb or lavin could have gotten slice and so forth

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2010, 11:42:42 PM »
the point i was making was that if norm recruited sterling hard he could have got him. like lavin could have gotten lamb or lavin could have gotten slice and so forth

didnt lavin miss on both? i guess your saying that if givin time he could have.

Also kob i saw on redmen that you said Oz Cross is staying on board. is this a deffently going to happen? I hope so i really like the guy from the beggining and the Panthers are no joke
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

kob24

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2010, 11:45:33 PM »
from what i have been told he is staying

« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2010, 01:39:47 AM »

This would be good news. Why would they be holding off on this announcement if he is internal already?

gonzalo

« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2010, 09:56:35 AM »

I would like it.

He reopened his recruitment, any chance we get in on him?

Did Maryland already release him?  I assume he signed an LOI (Scout.com says he did) so he still needs their blessing to walk away.  They'll wait until they have a new coach and let him try and re-recruit Gary's recruits first no doubt.

Poison

Peter why would you "really believe" that we'll be talking about exciting recruits by the end of the summer?

What the Hell Lavin done so far?

Moose

Peter why would you "really believe" that we'll be talking about exciting recruits by the end of the summer?

What the Hell Lavin done so far?

Can't tell if what you said was in jest but Peter's post was from April 2010.
Remember who broke the Slice news

With Sterling officially requesting a release from his LOI, Coach Turgeon will now win Sterling over and he will remain with the Terps.  He'll get his playing time and develop well under Turgeon.

Turgeon just has to sort through which assts to have on staff.  Looks like Bino, Ehsan, Spinelli (unless Marshall doesn't get A&M job) and maybe one other asst coach from A&M instead of Ehsan, which would kill Sterling staying.

Moose

With Sterling officially requesting a release from his LOI, Coach Turgeon will now win Sterling over and he will remain with the Terps.  He'll get his playing time and develop well under Turgeon.

Turgeon just has to sort through which assts to have on staff.  Looks like Bino, Ehsan, Spinelli (unless Marshall doesn't get A&M job) and maybe one other asst coach from A&M instead of Ehsan, which would kill Sterling staying.

Also hasn't Stoglin mentioned that if Bino isn't retained he would look elsewhere?
Remember who broke the Slice news

Also hasn't Stoglin mentioned that if Bino isn't retained he would look elsewhere?
Yes. But Turgeon tried to hire Bino a few years back. Bino is staying by what Turgeon implied at the presser.  If Ehsan stays, I'm pretty sure Sterling stays. Rob is a 29 year old version of Lavs - mangnetic personality, great can-do attitude, loved by the players, parents, you name it. Gary had nothing but praise regarding Rob's work ethic.  If the Terps do well in two years, I see Rob getting a mid-major gig somewhere.

Matt Bracken of the Baltimore Sun w/ Sterling:

"That’s what we’ve been doing," Gibbs said. "I’m just trying to wait to talk to the coaches and see what they’re going to do with Coach Rob. That’ll play a big part in my decision."

Gibbs said he's watched "a couple" Texas A&M games, but didn't pay very close attention to the Aggies' style of play. From what he does remember, Turgeon's system could work for him.

"I know he was a point guard when he played. And he works with point guards," Gibbs said. "If I were to keep my commitment to Maryland, I know I would definitely get better as a player."
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 03:22:29 PM by bball purist »

BTW-Bracken just tweeted that despite reports quoting Gary Charles the Gibbs family has NOT asked for a release and are waiting to talk to Coach Turgeon tonight.

Sounds like Gary Charles is trying to speak for the family.

BTW-Bracken just tweeted that despite reports quoting Gary Charles the Gibbs family has NOT asked for a release and are waiting to talk to Coach Turgeon tonight.

Sounds like Gary Charles is trying to speak for the family.
thx fordham - some people scream for that attention and do not know when to shut their yapper...