• 94 replies

pmg911

Re: Sterling Gibbs - PG - Seton Hall Preparatory - West Orange, NJ - TEXAS
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2012, 11:06:36 AM »
Zags tweeting that he is on official visit to Seton Hall today

Happy

« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2012, 02:54:53 PM »
Appears he just signed with Seton Hall. Nice pickup for them... We did however get the higher rated pg transfer ( Branch) :)

« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2012, 03:08:08 PM »
The higher rated PG transfer from TX too!  ; )

pmg911

« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2012, 06:48:28 AM »
Key for SHU is to get the waiver so he can play. His Dad is sick but who knopws that the NCAA will say to them.

After Momo was granted a waiver to play this year I would have to guess a sick Father will get him the waiver.

« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2012, 11:48:19 PM »
Where does this leave Aquille Carr? Also that kid Grennan

Key for SHU is to get the waiver so he can play. His Dad is sick but who knopws that the NCAA will say to them.

After Momo was granted a waiver to play this year I would have to guess a sick Father will get him the waiver.

Heard he was denied the waiver.

Moose

Heard he was denied the waiver.

Wow
Waiver roulette continues....
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

Bad break for SH, have no other decent pg. Who can figure waiver adjudications!

Disagree slightly even though I understand your point.   If SHU was counting on this then shame on them. Rule is you transfer and you sit a year.  A waiver would have been a gift.  In other words Sterling Gibbs has to live with the same fate as the other 99% of transfers.

In my book a bad break is something that comes out of the blue that cannot be anticipated like an injury.

paultzman

Disagree slightly even though I understand your point.   If SHU was counting on this then shame on them. Rule is you transfer and you sit a year.  A waiver would have been a gift.  In other words Sterling Gibbs has to live with the same fate as the other 99% of transfers.

In my book a bad break is something that comes out of the blue that cannot be anticipated like an injury.

fair point

paultzman

Ouch!

“@NJHoopsHaven: Barring a reversal, looks like SHU is down to Tom Maayan and Freddie Wilson at point guard for the coming season. Could be a problem.”

paultzman

“@AdamZagoria: Multiple reports saying Sterling Gibbs was denied a hardship waiver by the NCAA, but Kevin Willard says he hasn't heard from the NCAA.”

pmg911

If Maybin proves healthy, he will be the starter.

After the NCAA gve the biggest BS waiver of all time to Momo jones last year, I am surprised Gibbs was denied.

Fordham is 100% right - if kids transfer they should expect to sit but when kids are denied for legit reasons and see other kids get through for BS reasons its bad.

Ultimately though, the kid made a bad choice from the start and is now paying the price.

MCNPA

One has to wonder if Mayaan is ready for prime time in the Big East.  We'll have to wait and see.  I think they a going to miss Theodore a ton though.

Theodore was great last year.  And he always played well against us it seemed.