I made a list of games I want to see.

Place               Game               Date   
Bronx, NY            St. Rays vs. Holy Cross      1/6/08
Coney Island, NY                      Lincoln vs. Jefferson      1/10/08
Bronx, NY            St. Rays vs. Rice         1/12/08
Brooklyn, NY            Bishop Loughlin vs. CTK      1/23/08
Brooklyn, NY            Boys and Girls vs. Jefferson            1/29/08

High School Basketball Tournaments
Baruch College   Big Apple Basketball High School Invitational                              1/19 and 21/08
MSG         Nike Super Six                1/13   

really good games.  i'm hopeful i can see them all.  what games are people going to be at?  also if anyone wants to meet up for any of the games PM me.

Re: List of Games to see in Jan
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 12:32:23 AM »
dont forget about rice-christ the king on 1/4 and white plains vs. mt vernon (possibly the best rivalry in the state) on both 1/9 and 1/29
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Randomhero423

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 12:41:39 AM »
which ones are you going to?

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 01:17:02 AM »
probably all of the above  :o :o :o :o :o

i will only be at the big apple challenge on saturday because that night i am leaving for the hoophall classic in springfield, mass which maybe the best hs showcase event in the country 
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 01:23:16 AM »
actually i may only be at 1 of the 3 supersix games. 

after watching tons of chsaa games this season, i truly believe that anyone of 5 teams can win the city and/or state championship.  loughlin is VERY good (underrated because of some inexperience) and st. rays, rice, ctk and holy cross all have a chance to win the city.  i also predict that 4 out of those 5 teams will make an appearance on usa today's top 25 national rankings sometime this season.

this is a great year for nyc hoops

Randomhero423

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 10:17:45 AM »
holy cross is a interesting team.  because they really only have one superstar player and the rest are VERY GOOD role players (i'm not sure if anyone else is even going d1.  but their center should).  CTK's got pearson/brown/walker, rice got scott/fouch/kemba, loughlin got lamb/pinkston/another guy (forgot his name..).  can't wait to see the games.

my dad taught mo hicks when he was a english teacher there for one year.  so i'm gonna go to the rice game w/ him.  it'll be intresting.

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 11:50:37 AM »
blaise ffrench is being looked at by a few low major d1s and so is kayvon roberts.  ernest freeman should be getting d1 looks and tim beinert is a borderline d1 player as well.  loughlin has pinkston, lamb along with kevin phyllip (drexel) and james johnson (quinnipiac). as good as rice, ctk, holy cross and loughlin are, i still think that st rays maybe the team to beat this year. 

i dont know if redstorm32 is on here, but its looking like his st. francis prep terriers may not win a single league game this season

Randomhero423

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2007, 11:59:59 AM »
i know xavier beat SFP in a scrimmage game.  (xavier is 2-4 so far. but did beat ford by 1).. 

the tournament i really wanna go to (need to find a ride. or suck it up and take the train) is the first day of primetime shootout...  i think this has to be the best hs tourney..

[trenton, New Jersey] Saturday,2/9/08, SBA-Trenton

10:30 AM – Timber Creek (NJ) vs. Academy of New Church (PA)
12:00 PM - Hun School (NJ) vs. St. Augustine (NJ)
1:30 PM – Mount Vernon (NY) vs. Roman Catholic (PA)
3:00 PM – American Christian (PA) vs. Rancocas Valley (NJ)
4:30 PM – St. Benedict’s (NJ) vs. Our Savior New American (NY)
6:00 PM – Whitney Young (Chicago, IL) vs. Helen Cox (Harvey, LA)
8:00 PM - Rice (NYC) vs. Lincoln (Brooklyn, (NY)
10:00 PM - St. Patrick’s (NJ) vs. Oak Hill Academy (VA)

isn't helen cox greg monroe's school??

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2007, 12:00:57 PM »
dont forget about rice-christ the king on 1/4 and white plains vs. mt vernon (possibly the best rivalry in the state) on both 1/9 and 1/29

No doubt, but betta than Rice-Rays? C'mon now.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2007, 07:20:41 PM »
randomhero, ill be at saturday and sunday of primetime but i still think that the sunday and monday lineup from the hoophall is better (check out hoophal.com for the schedule).

choz, i said possibly one of the best rivalrys of the state and i do think that rays and rice are probably better but wp-vernon is definetely in its league.  grady-lincoln is also an incredible rivalry.

HTGS_says_shutup

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2007, 11:00:12 PM »

No doubt, but betta than Rice-Rays? C'mon now.

rice/ st rays is always bananas.  great hs rivalry.

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2007, 02:53:21 AM »
I made a list of games I want to see.

Place               Game               Date   
Bronx, NY            St. Rays vs. Holy Cross      1/6/08
Coney Island, NY                      Lincoln vs. Jefferson      1/10/08
Bronx, NY            St. Rays vs. Rice         1/12/08
Brooklyn, NY            Bishop Loughlin vs. CTK      1/23/08
Brooklyn, NY            Boys and Girls vs. Jefferson            1/29/08

High School Basketball Tournaments
Baruch College   Big Apple Basketball High School Invitational                              1/19 and 21/08
MSG         Nike Super Six                1/13   

really good games.  i'm hopeful i can see them all.  what games are people going to be at?  also if anyone wants to meet up for any of the games PM me.

Let not forget about BEB vs JOHNNYJUNGLE

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2008, 11:15:14 PM »
anyone going to the super6 tomorrow at the garden?

Randomhero423

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2008, 11:16:40 PM »
i am definitely going to that.