• 31 replies
Re: Mason out for the year!
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2008, 07:49:49 AM »
It like Showtime all ova again.

Prayers and blessins.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2008, 08:04:07 AM »
you said it choz, mase is daryl hill part II. we have such shit luck its unbelievable. just gotta hope he gets well soon
We Not Me

Poison

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2008, 08:54:35 AM »
Man this is killer but.....if he is able to come back next season, and we are able to get Lance some how, we could be pretty good.

mase couldn't do it against big east teams.

mase has never really shown the ability to be the go to guy for a stretch of more than a few games...kennedy has been playing better this season than mase has ever played...so im not really upset about this...however i do wish the kid a speedy recovery, i dont like to see anyone injured...btw, now would be a good time for rob thomas to step in...where is the kid? is he in shape? ready to play?

The key with Kennedy is can he do it against Big East teams?  He was very impressive last year against bad teams, but was 1/2 that during the conference schedule.

I just don't know who is going to score for us now.  I feel for Kennedy if he is going to be that guy by default.  It's one thing to score, it's another thing to carry a team and be the guy that defenses concentrate on. 

We are going to be cruising for a 9-10 win season now.  Hopefully it will be enough to get a new coach in here and not be an excuse to give this guy another year.

Oddly enough, this may help us with Lance.  Now Lance knows he'll be playing with a 5th year senior in Mason, JB, Malik, Hardy, Omari, and Kennedy.  Plus Mason's dad is a pretty popular guy in and it can't hurt to play with an NBA players son.

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2008, 12:11:54 PM »
I wouldn't worry too much about having to take scholarships away...with Norm's track record, a couple guys will leave on their own accord at the end of the year anyway and we will have room for Mase and Lance. This season is finished but I'm actually gonna give Norm a break and not fire him over that (though as much as the injury isn't his fault, not having any real replacements is). His job, in my eyes (which obviously means nothing), rests on getting Lance to come here now. If he gets it done, I'd find it hard to fire him. But if not, I'd find it hard to keep finding excuses to keep him. I am thankful for Norm though because for the first time since I was two years old I don't have season tickets because I was too frustrated with keeping one of the worst coaches in D1 around. I hate to abandon the team, but the administration abandoned the fans a while ago. I would have felt bad if I woke up to see Mase out for the year knowing I had dropped all that money on a program with no hope of winning...

The most important thing now, though, is that Mase feels better. Get well soon man, we'll see you next year...  :(

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2008, 12:13:26 PM »
Any inside info on Rob Thomas and what he's still got in the tank? I saw this guy do amazing things at South Kent standing out amidst future pros. Anyone know why - if he is in decent shape - he hasn't seen some significant time yet? Maybe Mason's injury will provide him with an opportunity to show that he's still got a touch of that magic left.

sjd8886

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2008, 01:45:25 PM »
It like Showtime all ova again.

Prayers and blessins.

def not...showtime was a 21 ppg scorer and a team leader...he won us games night in and night out...mase is not nearly what hill was to this team...u asked hill to score, the kid would blow past his guy, then another guy, then another guy, and get to the basket and put the ball through the rim...of the kid was healthy his senior year he would have went pro...u ask mase to score, he goes halfway to the basket, and passes the ball out to the perimeter and then runs around with no purpose for a little bit, just to repeat the process another 10 or so times during a game...im sick of that, im sick of his fadeaway jumper, his bricks from downtown, and the space he takes up on this team...he wanted to go pro this year right, so im assuming what we saw so far this year was his best effort at that...9-10 wins bc hes out???, u gotta be kidding me, more like 5-6 more wins bc hes out
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 01:45:49 PM by SJD »

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2008, 07:49:10 PM »
i agree with sjd.  no improvement since his freshman year.  it's not like we're rutgers losing rosario or seton hall losing harvey.

Marillac

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2008, 08:39:03 PM »
i agree with sjd.  no improvement since his freshman year.  it's not like we're rutgers losing rosario or seton hall losing harvey.

Ironic that you would mention Mase not improving since his freshman year and then cite Harvey who has not improved since his dynamite freshman year.

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2008, 10:44:52 PM »
The amount of bad luck that SJU has faced is really unbelievable
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2008, 10:22:54 AM »
The amount of bad luck that SJU has faced is really unbelievable

Go back to the REDMEN

« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2008, 06:40:12 PM »
Just found out about Mase......man what can I say.....feel bad for the kid. Started off slow but was expecting him to heat up. Tough break.

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2008, 10:17:30 PM »

Ironic that you would mention Mase not improving since his freshman year and then cite Harvey who has not improved since his dynamite freshman year.
well, he's third on the team in scoring...averages five apg...and seton hall is 4-1 against better competition than ours with the only loss coming against memphis.