OOC RPI's next few games

• 27 replies
Re: OOC RPI's next few games
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2008, 09:40:43 PM »
Why cant their be a tourny around Chritmas time with 4 local teams? I think that would be great at the Garden

Poison

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2008, 09:43:47 PM »
at least one of these cupcakes will give us a run for our money...who is it gonna be?

Maybe a team coming off a 25 point loss to an IVY league team?
It's not going to be NJIT. Maybe Marist. They gave Rutgers a good game.

Marist is not a cupcake. Everyone has their own definition,
but to me its an RPI averaging worse than 200-250
 Their RPI the last 3 years was 121 to 154. Similar to SJU.

Now NJIT & Bethune are even worse than "Cupcakes"

I'm sorry, but Marist isn't a cup cake? They finished at the bottom of a cup cake conference last year.
and they lost their best player in Louis McCroskey.

We just suck now, so teams that we used destroy can hang with us, and sometimes beat us.
But they are still cup cakes. Marist had a couple of good/lucky years, but those guys are gone now.

They also lost Jay Gavin.  Rutgers didn't have inman that game and it was essentially a first for their freshman.  I think if they played again in a few weeks Rutgers would win by double-digits.

I don't think Marist is a cupcake, though.  I think they are a team that could reasonably beat a low level Big East team.  They are not far from a cupcake, but to me a cupcake is an LIU, Howard, Stony Brook, and, certainly, NJIT.

they didn't have this guy, they didn't have that guy. I'll get my violin. TOO BAD.

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2008, 12:34:59 AM »
Why cant their be a tourny around Chritmas time with 4 local teams? I think that would be great at the Garden

Its called the holiday festival including local teams Marist, Columbia, St. John's and our neighbor Virginia Tech.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2008, 12:43:20 AM »

Its called the holiday festival including local teams Marist, Columbia, St. John's and our neighbor Virginia Tech.

By local teams he means Iona
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2008, 12:49:06 AM »

By local teams he means Iona

Maybe, but why is Va Tech in this?  Stupid

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2008, 01:04:44 AM »
They seem to try and get a major conference team.  Nothing wrong with that IMO.  Do you think Fordham or Iona would pack the house?
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2008, 01:08:18 AM »
They seem to try and get a major conference team.  Nothing wrong with that IMO.  Do you think Fordham or Iona would pack the house?

No but maybe if you replaced Marist,Columbia and Va Tech with Hofstra,IONA and Manhattan or Fordham it would

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2008, 11:43:10 AM »

No but maybe if you replaced Marist,Columbia and Va Tech with Hofstra,IONA and Manhattan or Fordham it would

Agreed. I know a ton of kids who went to Hoftstra, Iona, Manhattan, and Fordham and I know they would come out to the games etc. for bragging rights alone so it would be a good time.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle