Mookie Jones

• 8 replies
Mookie Jones
« on: November 26, 2008, 01:16:29 AM »
Another DNP tonight. Should have came to St Johns. Is he redshirting?

Re: Mookie Jones
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 01:34:37 AM »
Imagine if Donte Greene stayed in school too. He'd never seen the floor.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 01:37:27 AM »
Kid needs to get stronger if he wants to see the floor. He really was considering STJ but playing in the Carrier Dome was more of a draw.

Marillac

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 02:26:05 AM »
I wonder who advsises these kids?  Syracuse has so much incoming talent at his position.  His best fit was Seton Hall. He could have stepped in right away and started for them at the four.  They have nothing there.  They are forced to play Stix there now.  Mookie certainly has more of a PF game than Stix.  And he's so athletic that he would have fit that running style perfectly. 

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 02:53:50 AM »
I wonder who advsises these kids?  Syracuse has so much incoming talent at his position.  His best fit was Seton Hall. He could have stepped in right away and started for them at the four.  They have nothing there.  They are forced to play Stix there now.  Mookie certainly has more of a PF game than Stix.  And he's so athletic that he would have fit that running style perfectly. 

Maybe for Mookie it wasn't all about how he starts but how he finishes. Maybe he feels by his senior year he can be the best player at Syracuse than he could at any other school, maybe he wants to be a part of their tradition, maybe that was his dream school, maybe he feels coach can make him into the next Melo, Greene, etc.

Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 07:07:55 AM »
Maybe he transfers out after next year, and we see him at Iona.

Moose

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 10:57:23 AM »

Been a long time Marillac.  How you been?
The last few times I saw Mookie he was really trying to play 3.  So that's the last thing I have in my head.  Not sure if thats his new focus or something.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Marillac

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 03:15:06 PM »

The last few times I saw Mookie he was really trying to play 3.  So that's the last thing I have in my head.  Not sure if thats his new focus or something.

I've been well Moose...you?  Still in grad school?

No doubt that Mookie wants to be a three, but I think he could have logged about 25-30 minutes with the Cuse this year between the three and four.  SH runs so much that he would have had a ton of open three's in transition and a chance to showcase his athleticism.  He could have slid to the three permanently after Harvey graduates next year and Theodore takes over the point.

Moose

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 04:21:29 PM »

I've been well Moose...you?  Still in grad school?

No doubt that Mookie wants to be a three, but I think he could have logged about 25-30 minutes with the Cuse this year between the three and four.  SH runs so much that he would have had a ton of open three's in transition and a chance to showcase his athleticism.  He could have slid to the three permanently after Harvey graduates next year and Theodore takes over the point.

Done on December 15th.  Thanks.

I would have loved to seen Mookie him.  Always liked him better than Kevin.  Not a big fan of Theodore at the Hall however.  Will be curious to see how he handles it when Harvey leaves.
Remember who broke the Slice news