Sean Taylor RIP

• 12 replies
Sean Taylor RIP
« on: November 27, 2007, 08:49:18 AM »
This is really a sad story. I really loved watching him play too. Hard hitting safety that was really starting to get his act together on and off the field. Leaves his newborn baby fatherless

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3129406

Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Dan

Re: Sean Taylor RIP
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 09:44:53 AM »
There really are few words to describe this senseless tragedy...rest in peace.  I can only hope at this point his killer is brought to justice.  My condolences to his family.

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 10:24:05 AM »
The whole thing makes no sense. Very sad though. Too young to go. RIP.

redstorm32

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 11:08:28 AM »
this really is terrible

such a great career was ahead of him

Randomhero423

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 05:18:12 PM »
heart breaking thing. espically since he was turning his life around. and leaving behind a family RIP

he was a great player and coulda been one of the best S of all time.  only 24 yrs old

i will say though.  when he entered the league and his first two years or so he was getting in trouble.  so it's not the most shocking thing (espically since the guys broke into their house the wk before and they didn't rob anything but just put a knife on his bed.

i hope this raises awareness about gun violence for teens and everyone else.

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 06:17:16 PM »
terrible news to hear....Taylor was already a great safety at age 24, guy hit like an absolute hammer. Mike and the Dog spent about the first hour of the show discussing this today. Sad thing is, many people were saying that his daughter was what was beginning to change his lifestyle and attitude. Many people within the redskins organization and around the NFL said that his biggest problem was that he always had a chip on his shoulder, on and off the field, and that he was an extremely angry individual. I do not know what is going on with these young players in the NFL right now, but something needs to be done during the time period between the draft and the start of rookie season to really educate these guys that they need to get away from the "negative" influences they may have in their life prior to becoming a pro football player and everything that comes along with it between the money and fame (IE Pac man, Vick) Russo was discussing how the new SI has a big story about this.

Randomhero423

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 06:21:44 PM »
terrible news to hear....Taylor was already a great safety at age 24, guy hit like an absolute hammer. Mike and the Dog spent about the first hour of the show discussing this today. Sad thing is, many people were saying that his daughter was what was beginning to change his lifestyle and attitude. Many people within the redskins organization and around the NFL said that his biggest problem was that he always had a chip on his shoulder, on and off the field, and that he was an extremely angry individual. I do not know what is going on with these young players in the NFL right now, but something needs to be done during the time period between the draft and the start of rookie season to really educate these guys that they need to get away from the "negative" influences they may have in their life prior to becoming a pro football player and everything that comes along with it between the money and fame (IE Pac man, Vick) Russo was discussing how the new SI has a big story about this.

hopefully this gets the attention of young athletes.  being suspended won't do that much.  but being dead. that'll wake some people up.

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 06:28:55 PM »
I'm not a Redskins fan, but I loved the way Sean Taylor played football. And I truly was saddened and shocked when I heard this. Definitely one of the better young defensive players in the league today. Might have been considered a dirty player at times, but loved his intensity and hard hitting. I especially loved using him in Madden and laying hit sticks on people all day.

But in all seriousness, this is a terrible story. He seemed to be changing his outlook on life and maturing as a person off the field. Unfortunately, it seems that the contacts he made with people while he was still living a troubled life came back to haunt him. I don't think was a random break in and murder. There had to be a reason for this. I think the story will come out eventually, but for right now all you can do is pray for Sean and his family.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 06:29:42 PM by JungleFever »

redstorm32

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 07:57:55 PM »
im still shocked

some of these athletes need to get better security on their houses

with eddy curry and antoine walker both being tied up and now this

hopefully these athletes get some hardcore securtiy

Randomhero423

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 09:30:02 PM »
im still shocked

and plus darrant williams.  i've young so i don't know if it's been this bad in the past.  but it really seems like a lot of deaths/robberies for athletes in the past 12 months.

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 10:00:52 PM »
im still shocked

Better security? How about surrounding yourself with good people? This athletes have life by the balls-making a ton of money playing a game,mansions,cars and still continue to screw up.  This is an awful story, but nothing suprises me with these thugs. WAKE the F up!

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 10:13:16 PM »
im still shocked

Better security? How about surrounding yourself with good people? This athletes have life by the balls-making a ton of money playing a game,mansions,cars and still continue to screw up.  This is an awful story, but nothing suprises me with these thugs. WAKE the F up!

I agree with you completely Marco..its not about security..its about distancing yourself from your "boys from home"..most of these "boys" are criminals..and once these guys go pro they get hounded by all these thugs from their childhood..and unfortunately things can go wrong when you continue to hang out with the wrong crowd.

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2007, 12:58:18 PM »
A very sad story,he was turning his life around.Too young