Corey Edwards - PG - Christ The King HS - Middle Village, NY - GEORGE MASON

• 35 replies

Poison

Re: Corey Edwards - PG - Christ The King HS - Middle Village, NY
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2010, 09:58:23 PM »
He isn't good enough to play in the Big East. I wouldn't sign him however I know he would love to come to St. John's.

Half of our team isn't good enough to play in the BE.

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2010, 11:29:51 AM »
He isn't good enough to play in the Big East. I wouldn't sign him however I know he would love to come to St. John's.

Half of our team isn't good enough to play in the BE.

I don't believe that to be true.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

pmg911

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2010, 08:57:01 AM »

I saw him in person Saturday and was unimpressed. He did make some big free throws in the overtime but overall he isn't a special player at all.

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2010, 06:12:26 PM »
Corey Edwards, a 6’1 2011 PG, plays his best ball on the defensive end although he can be too aggressive at times making him foul prone. However, he plays smart, when in foul trouble. Edwards has an extremely high basketball IQ and rarely makes mistake. Edwards shot the ball horrendously going 1 for 12(he does have pretty good framework on his shot) but he sees the floor exceptionally well. Edwards is quick, a good penetrator and handles the ball well. He gets where he wants to on the floor to make plays for himself or others. He is a true PG and is a jump shot away from being among the nations elite at his position. 1/12 from the field, 1/4 from the 3, 12-17 from the line, 4 rebounds, 3 steals, 6 assists, 1 TO, and 14 points. HM-

mkras99

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2010, 06:28:36 PM »
Corey Edwards, a 6’1 2011 PG, plays his best ball on the defensive end although he can be too aggressive at times making him foul prone. However, he plays smart, when in foul trouble. Edwards has an extremely high basketball IQ and rarely makes mistake. Edwards shot the ball horrendously going 1 for 12(he does have pretty good framework on his shot) but he sees the floor exceptionally well. Edwards is quick, a good penetrator and handles the ball well. He gets where he wants to on the floor to make plays for himself or others. He is a true PG and is a jump shot away from being among the nations elite at his position. 1/12 from the field, 1/4 from the 3, 12-17 from the line, 4 rebounds, 3 steals, 6 assists, 1 TO, and 14 points. HM-

TK?

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2010, 06:34:39 PM »
TK?
No, he's a strictly typewriter man. I'm not sure this guy wants his stuff out there, but c'est la vie. 

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2010, 07:21:07 PM »
Thats a pretty accurate description however he played with Pinkston, Collier, Pankey so they made it a lot easier on him to do his job and fill his role. I wasn't impressed with his athleticism or ability on the offensive end to score what so ever. He is a nice player but not a Big East one.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

TONYD3

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2010, 08:23:54 PM »
I am sure some of you guys saw Boothe in HS. Is Edwards better then Boothe was?

kob24

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2010, 03:23:41 AM »
hell no. boothe was good in high school

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2010, 07:22:20 AM »
http://blog.northstarbball.com/2010/02/21/prime-time-shootout-sunday-afternoon-interviews--school-lists.aspx?ref=rss

Corey Edwards ’11, Christ the King (NY): St. John’s, George Mason, Villanova, Virginia Commonwealth, Auburn, and West Virginia
                                 Offers: St. John’s, George Mason, Virginia Commonwealth, and Auburn
                                 Favorites: “Not really”
                                 Note- On when he plans to make a college decision, Edwards  said, “Probably next year, my senior year.”

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2010, 03:23:10 PM »
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high_school/basketball/back_injury_business_ck_edwards_3X5Ln51fLV2HIGpm2OIsjP?sms_ss=twitter

The 6-foot Edwards said college coaches were wondering where he was and how he was doing. Luckily for him, the schools that were interested remained so. Edwards recently narrowed his list down to George Mason, Hofstra, Fordham, VCU and St. John's.

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2010, 09:36:01 PM »
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high_school/basketball/back_injury_business_ck_edwards_3X5Ln51fLV2HIGpm2OIsjP?sms_ss=twitter

The 6-foot Edwards said college coaches were wondering where he was and how he was doing. Luckily for him, the schools that were interested remained so. Edwards recently narrowed his list down to George Mason, Hofstra, Fordham, VCU and St. John's.

With that list, Im assuming St Johns would have to be the favorite. Is he a Big East player?

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2010, 09:46:05 PM »
This is a Norm Roberts-recruit list.  So probably not, or WVA would be on him.

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2010, 12:57:58 PM »

With that list, Im assuming St Johns would have to be the favorite. Is he a Big East player?
He'd be better served playing at a quality mid-major program. Since CTK traditionally holds a lot of power in NYC, it'll be interesting to see if Lavin would feel compelled to honor Roberts' reported scholarship offer to Edwards or encourage him to select one of his other suitors.

There are times when kids will include a high-major school to make it seem like they have better options in order to save face or think they're boosting their ranking. Since the schools themselves can't comment publicly on a player (until he commits), the writer may feel compelled to write the kid's alleged list.

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2010, 01:08:40 PM »
[tweet]http://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/27654575084[/tweet]

Chris Caputo's connections

I wonder if this kid might want out of his LOI with Larranaga leaving. I think the Gaels are out of schollies but I wouldnt mind Edwards taking over for Machado at the point when he graduates