St. John's almost had Sean Green?

• 7 replies

Randomhero423

St. John's almost had Sean Green?
« on: December 19, 2008, 01:56:23 PM »
SLAM: What made you choose Iona?
SG: I had friends there. They were all cats that I played with in high school. I went to visit, but I totally wasn’t even thinking about going there. I was trying to comeback and try and transfer to St. John’s. What happened was…Malik had just signed with St. John’s. I was going to come in as a second semester freshman and Malik would have come in the next fall. Ernie Lorch, from Riverside Church, called to say I shouldn’t go to St. John’s because Malik didn’t know anything about me transferring there when he signed his letter-of-intent. He thought I would have f*cked him over or something like that.

http://slamonline.com/online/nba/2008/12/quiet-storm/

Marillac

Re: St. John's almost had Sean Green?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 02:10:25 PM »
Sounds like a real classy kid.

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 02:19:04 PM »
Sean Green playin the 2 over Chucky Sprolin and we go farther. Oh well. Way it is.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 03:02:22 PM »
SG: I had friends there. They were all cats that I played with in high school. I went to visit, but I totally wasn’t even thinking about going there. I was trying to comeback and try and transfer to St. John’s. What happened was…Malik had just signed with St. John’s. I was going to come in as a second semester freshman and Malik would have come in the next fall. Ernie Lorch, from Riverside Church, called to say I shouldn’t go to St. John’s because Malik didn’t know anything about me transferring there when he signed his letter-of-intent. He thought I would have f*cked him over or something like that.

Little Matt Caputo went to CTK and SUNY-Purchase.
His brother, Chris, is an assistant on George Mason, but lost his hair at a really young age.

Randomhero423

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 03:12:39 PM »

Little Matt Caputo went to CTK and SUNY-Purchase.
His brother, Chris, is an assistant on George Mason, but lost his hair at a really young age.

i'll be calling him tonight. lol

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 12:03:35 AM »
SLAM: An old Queensbridge cat once told me that you were the best player from “The Bridge” but you never got any props?
SG: Haha. I got no kind of props. When Ronnie (Artest) was a rookie, we ran into each other at this party and he came up to me and said “Hey man, you were my inspiration.” I was like “Ron, Ron?” and then he was like “Yeah, yeah.” I was so removed from basketball then that I never even thought about it.

Poison

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 10:49:31 AM »
Sean Green playin the 2 over Chucky Sprolin and we go farther. Oh well. Way it is.

God against the MAAC is one thing, and good against Ohio State and Duke are another.

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 10:51:21 AM »

God against the MAAC is one thing, and good against Ohio State and Duke are another.

Sean Green played in the NBA. Sproiling did not. And btw IONA is playing Ohio St today at noon on the Big Ten Network,