Attendance

• 12 replies
Attendance
« on: December 23, 2008, 12:19:01 PM »
N. Roberts' Initial Season Home Attendance: 6,569 [high:16,290]
2008-09 Average Home Attendance: 2,382 [high: 4,914]

Financially, if nothing else, this is an issue that the St. John's brain trust of Chris Monasch, Dennis Myron, Norm Roberts, and Donald Harrington ought to ponder.

Tha Kid

Re: Attendance
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 02:27:15 PM »
N. Roberts' Initial Season Home Attendance: 6,569 [high:16,290]
2008-09 Average Home Attendance: 2,382 [high: 4,914]

Financially, if nothing else, this is an issue that the St. John's brain trust of Chris Monasch, Dennis Myron, Norm Roberts, and Donald Harrington ought to ponder.

What is going on with this thread?  My post was removed and the last I checked there were more votes for Norm's retention and losing seasons as being the reason.  Why is this thread being messed with!?

AS I SAID BEFORE:

Norm's retention = prior losing seasons.  Same thing.

HILARIOUS - better entertainment options in Queens!
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 05:46:50 PM »
i find these stats alittle bias for right now. to do this poll and stats you have to wait for the season to be over. i would like to see the stats for the last 4 season. We still have Gtown, Uconn, Cuse and Duke and all those game will be close to sell outs at MSg with their fans. So the numbers will rise by the end of the season. And we may average more than his 1st season. It is to early for this poll

kjd01067

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 06:14:07 PM »
i find these stats alittle bias for right now. to do this poll and stats you have to wait for the season to be over. i would like to see the stats for the last 4 season. We still have Gtown, Uconn, Cuse and Duke and all those game will be close to sell outs at MSg with their fans. So the numbers will rise by the end of the season. And we may average more than his 1st season. It is to early for this poll

I agree unless that stats above of just for the first 10 games of each season then they dont mean much right now... I am by no means saying that were going to start packing the garden but now that we are playing quality opponents more people will come watch.

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 01:43:47 PM »
I put weak out  of conference schedule. There are some  good mid majors that are close by but we are not even playing them. i don't get it !  we could draw from their fan base & we could spark interest from our fans.
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

Randomhero423

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 04:53:49 PM »
people will come when we win.

norm roberts = losing.

new coach = winning.

simple as that....

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 05:42:53 PM »
There should be an option for 'all of the above'.

And I went with 'prior losing seasons'. I don't think the schedule matters much. I'm tired of seeing us play UConn or Georgetown in the Garden and seeing them have nearly (if not more than) twice as many fans as we do. As long as the team has no shot to reach the NCAA Tourney, people aren't going to spend their hard-earned money to show up.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 05:45:32 PM by JohnnyInTexas »

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 06:45:36 PM »

norm roberts = losing.

new coach = winning.

simple as that....
a new coach could = losing as well.  not simple.  and people aren't going to make the Garden rock until a season or two after St. John's is AT LEAST competent.  unless the coach is a big name, and even then, it's not a sure thing; St. John's isn't going to reclaim its name as a box office draw overnight.

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 08:57:02 PM »
I put down "Alarming-other" because I think one of the choices on here should be "Alarming-price for student admission to games".  It is really incredible that the students should have to pay such a high price (they really should be allowed in for free) to attend one of their college basketball games.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Randomhero423

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 11:55:48 PM »

norm roberts = losing.

new coach = winning.

simple as that....
a new coach could = losing as well.  not simple.  and people aren't going to make the Garden rock until a season or two after St. John's is AT LEAST competent.  unless the coach is a big name, and even then, it's not a sure thing; St. John's isn't going to reclaim its name as a box office draw overnight.

yes but if we get a big name coach like we should (and if the admin was actually dedicated to having a good bball team), then people will start going to the garden a year or two into their seasons.  we have some talent, we need someone to develop them, and game plan well -- something norm is incapable of doing.  if we get a pitino, calipari, pearl, or someone of that realm, we should be back within 2-3 years.... 

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2008, 11:57:11 PM »
my daughter goes to hofstra...her tickets are free.  i went to hofstra-st francis a couple of weeks ago.  tickets to the arena, which is much better than carnesecca went for 15 dollars (best in house) ten dollars and five dollars for senior citizens.

maybe not this  year...but more often than not, hofstra puts a better team on the floor.

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2008, 11:58:30 PM »

norm roberts = losing.

new coach = winning.

simple as that....

yes but if we get a big name coach like we should (and if the admin was actually dedicated to having a good bball team), then people will start going to the garden a year or two into their seasons.  we have some talent, we need someone to develop them, and game plan well -- something norm is incapable of doing.  if we get a pitino, calipari, pearl, or someone of that realm, we should be back within 2-3 years....
a big name new coach would bring hope.  hope sells tickets. 

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2008, 12:40:53 AM »
I put down "Alarming-other" because I think one of the choices on here should be "Alarming-price for student admission to games".  It is really incredible that the students should have to pay such a high price (they really should be allowed in for free) to attend one of their college basketball games.
Not just student tickets, but everything. I was in town for the NJIT game and paid $33 to see St. John's play NJIT. Ridiculous.

I paid $40 to see Texas play UCLA eight rows above the bench!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 12:42:06 AM by JohnnyInTexas »