Anyone who still supports Norm....

• 26 replies

Tha Kid

Anyone who still supports Norm....
« on: December 31, 2008, 06:00:51 PM »
should be committed.   I don't want to hear about injuries.   We got TOTALLY tooled around by one of the worst Big East teams.  We are going NOWHERE fast with this coaching staff, and the players give up on Norm in the losses.  They should announce the firing before the season is up but allow him to finish as lame duck coach.   Start the coaching search asap.
"I drink and I know things"

Re: Anyone who still supports Norm....
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 06:28:57 PM »
ummm so this is thread 5,680,230 about norms coaching in the last 5 year. is it too hard to look up AD email address?

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 06:41:03 PM »
ummm so this is thread 5,680,230 about norms coaching in the last 5 year. is it too hard to look up AD email address?

Not sure if you've ever tried, I have, you don't get an response. That's how the loyal season ticketholders are treated.

21 to PC is disgusting.

Tha Kid

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 07:38:40 PM »

Who named you jungle censor? Get some class and some sleeves you dope
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 08:11:56 PM »
I didn't see the game today but by the looks of it this was pretty bad. I can't defend anything done tonight and I can honestly say that questioning Norm at this point and time is fair but then again lets keep it in this thread no need to have 10 of the same things going around. PC is not a good team and we got smoked...smoked.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 08:23:53 PM »

Ok punk.  Go cut some sleeves off more of your shirts and clean off your pom poms.  You are a disgrace to the school. 

Go to the next game and act like there is nothing wrong and keep thinking you are a fan.  You and the other ten or twenty idiots left are sending the message that the fans will accept this crap.  Even if it comes to getting a new coach, they can count on idiots like you to cheer on a kitchen worker for at least three years.

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 08:27:41 PM »
i love how this became a attack on me. and yet nobody asked me what i think about norm. i am starting to lead for him to go but i am waiting on lance. if he does not get lance then we need a change. but after every game all three boards gets 5 threads about how poor norms coaching is and it just gets boring.

kjd01067

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 08:30:12 PM »
Ok guys play nice.  I don't think anyone thinks Norm is doing a good job but some people are still willing to support the team while others are not and I can understand both sides.  We openly accept all views here but please don't personally attack eachother.

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 08:30:52 PM »

Ok punk.  Go cut some sleeves off more of your shirts and clean off your pom poms.  You are a disgrace to the school. 

Go to the next game and act like there is nothing wrong and keep thinking you are a fan.  You and the other ten or twenty idiots left are sending the message that the fans will accept this crap.  Even if it comes to getting a new coach, they can count on idiots like you to cheer on a kitchen worker for at least three years.

First of all, hes not the sleeveless guy, I am, so before you go spewing more childish insults get your facts straight.  But no, you're completely right - im such an idiot for cheering on my school's team for the 4 years ill be a student..silly me how could i stoop so low?!?!  its all my fault that norm is still coaching and i apologize!!!!

get a #$%^ing clue...

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 08:32:48 PM »
i love how this became a attack on me. and yet nobody asked me what i think about norm. i am starting to lead for him to go but i am waiting on lance. if he does not get lance then we need a change. but after every game all three boards gets 5 threads about how poor norms coaching is and it just gets boring.

Your just now starting to lean to want Norm gone?  Are you kidding me?  You should have starting leaning in 2004!  The fact that he is still here is just mind-boggling.

Marillac

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 08:36:49 PM »

First of all, hes not the sleeveless guy, I am, so before you go spewing more childish insults get your facts straight.  But no, you're completely right - im such an idiot for cheering on my school's team for the 4 years ill be a student..silly me how could i stoop so low?!?!  its all my fault that norm is still coaching and i apologize!!!!

get a #$%^ing clue...

Well than you are the joke.  Don't want to stop you from looking like an idiot again, though.  Go paint that face red and white and cheer for one of the worst teams and certainly the worst coach in St. John's history.  Thanks for sending the message that some of our fan base is willing to accept this garbage. 

Let me get this straight...essentially, you will cheer for anyone who coaches this team as long as you are student.  What if the school hired a migrant farm worker. You'd still cheer, right?  Nice logic. 

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 08:42:18 PM »

get a #$%^ing clue...

Well than you are the joke.  Don't want to stop you from looking like an idiot again, though.  Go paint that face red and white and cheer for one of the worst teams and certainly the worst coach in St. John's history.  Thanks for sending the message that some of our fan base is willing to accept this garbage. 

Let me get this straight...essentially, you will cheer for anyone who coaches this team as long as you are student.  What if the school hired a migrant farm worker. You'd still cheer, right?  Nice logic.

i still dont understand why all you people think the students, myself included, think norm is doing a good job...get over it already, we're only in college once and we want to get the college experience, which includes going to your teams sporting events and cheering them on.  These guys are my age and im friendly with almost all of them, i still dont get how this makes me a "joke" and a "disgrace to the school" because i cheer on our guys?  im not even gonna answer your last question because thats just stupid....keep the insults coming though

Marillac

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 08:49:08 PM »

get a #$%^ing clue...

i still dont understand why all you people think the students, myself included, think norm is doing a good job...get over it already, we're only in college once and we want to get the college experience, which includes going to your teams sporting events and cheering them on.  These guys are my age and im friendly with almost all of them, i still dont get how this makes me a "joke" and a "disgrace to the school" because i cheer on our guys?  im not even gonna answer your last question because thats just stupid....keep the insults coming though

OK hero.  Hey, do yourself a favor and avoid watching real college basketball games, because you just might feel ridiculous for supporting this joke.

I have no problem with you supporting your team, but in this case supporting your team sends the message that you accept the garbage the admin is trying to give to us. 

If you spent your time sending a real message at games, you might be able to get yourself on a road trip to the NCAA's before you leave. 

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 08:50:54 PM »
as fans we should hang together instead of killing each other. we all agree that norm - as nice a man as he might be - is in over his head and clearly not the right man for the job.

i've e-mailed Monasch several times and he has yet to reply. it's a sign that he is impotent. fr. harrington calls the shots and fr. harrington clearly does not care about the state of the basketball program.

i'm a double alum (20+ year season ticket holder) and bleed redmen red and it hurts that we have no control over this but it is what it is. continue to ping monasch with e-mails as often as you can. continue to show your displeasure if you still go to games. do it in a dignified a way as possible but do it. try e-mailing local sports columnists. believe it or not, they get your e-mails.

we will either change direction or fade further into oblivion. hopefully it's the former and hopefully it's soon. i think it's safe to say there's nowhere to go but up -- or out of the big east (unlikely).

happy new year fellow redmen!

keep caring and keep fighting but let's hang together.

gcredman

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2008, 09:04:03 PM »

get a #$%^ing clue...

OK hero.  Hey, do yourself a favor and avoid watching real college basketball games, because you just might feel ridiculous for supporting this joke.

hero?  what is that even supposed to mean?  honestly does it make you feel better to add an "insult" before every reply?  cant you just have a civilized argument like a normal human being?  i watch college basketball every single day and i dont feel ridiculous for supporting st johns so...idk what to tell ya?

I have no problem with you supporting your team, but in this case supporting your team sends the message that you accept the garbage the admin is trying to give to us. 

you act like we have a student section filled with over 1000 students, and that a sudden boycott will send a message..theres 20 students at these games, if we didnt show up do you really think that would be "sending a message?"...sorry maybe when i graduate ill be more vocal about it but im not gonna be miserable during my 4 years of college, im gonna enjoy it and have as much fun as possible, like every college student should, and i dont care if you or anyone else thinks im a "disgrace to the university" for doing so..

If you spent your time sending a real message at games, you might be able to get yourself on a road trip to the NCAA's before you leave.

tell me..what exactly would you like me to do that would legitimately send a real message...and dont respond with "dont show up" because thats not an option

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2008, 09:07:52 PM »

[/quote]

Your just now starting to lean to want Norm gone?  Are you kidding me?  You should have starting leaning in 2004!  The fact that he is still here is just mind-boggling.
[/quote]

the first 4 yrs were my student years. i cheered for them everygame and i might of been blind. i had hope each year

Marillac

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2008, 09:33:52 PM »

get a #$%^ing clue...

hero?  what is that even supposed to mean?  honestly does it make you feel better to add an "insult" before every reply?  cant you just have a civilized argument like a normal human being?  i watch college basketball every single day and i dont feel ridiculous for supporting st johns so...idk what to tell ya?

you act like we have a student section filled with over 1000 students, and that a sudden boycott will send a message..theres 20 students at these games, if we didnt show up do you really think that would be "sending a message?"...sorry maybe when i graduate ill be more vocal about it but im not gonna be miserable during my 4 years of college, im gonna enjoy it and have as much fun as possible, like every college student should, and i dont care if you or anyone else thinks im a "disgrace to the university" for doing so..

tell me..what exactly would you like me to do that would legitimately send a real message...and dont respond with "dont show up" because thats not an option

If you insist on showing up, get a chant of "Fire Norm" or "Hire Calipari" or big name coach.  That would actually make a difference and prove to be at least as much fun as cheering for a team cruising to win three more games this season. 

Happy New Year, Larry the Cable Guy :)

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2008, 09:40:56 PM »
People, go out and get drunk.  It's New Year's.  Or go out and celebrate.

And if you disagree with someone, just say so.  Cut out the name calling.  Not necessary, and it's not part of making a good argument.  If the argument don't need to be made, just roll your eyes and move on.  And make sure they're saying "I support Norm" before trying to e-kick their tail.  If you're right, your facts will show how right you are.

Happy New Year's!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 09:44:03 PM by peter »

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2009, 03:02:11 AM »
should be committed.   I don't want to hear about injuries.   We got TOTALLY tooled around by one of the worst Big East teams.  We are going NOWHERE fast with this coaching staff, and the players give up on Norm in the losses.  They should announce the firing before the season is up but allow him to finish as lame duck coach.   Start the coaching search asap.

What you fail to understand is that many of us support the players and the program.
Good, bad, or otherwise, Norm Roberts is the head coach so he is part of the package.

Start a poll of season ticket holders on all three boards and see how many “claim” that they didn’t renew this season for ANY reason. I suspect that number is less than 50 in total, and probably closer to 30. All of the veteran season ticket holders can still be seen attending home games at CA and MSG.

Coming on here and bashing and name calling students who are barely younger than you doesn’t improve anything.

You are reportedly a young attorney, so obviously you have plenty of free time on your hands. Write a letter a week to Father Harrington. Send one to Louie and Monasch too. Write to the Big East Commissioner, the NCAA President, the TV networks, the local print media.

Do something productive instead of telling people (including students) who support this program that they are enablers!

If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem!

Poison

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2009, 10:08:38 AM »

You think emailing someone would accomplish anything? They've lost money annually on the basketball program while garbage schools like Uconn and Pittsburgh are making millions.

The administration just sits there. You want to make a difference?
Try shooting the president. Shooting the president an email, that is.

He deserves the death penalty. Not the program.