Burrell Admits Feeling Lost

• 11 replies
Burrell Admits Feeling Lost
« on: January 03, 2009, 12:54:27 PM »
http://www.nypost.com/seven/01032009/sports/college/burrell_admits_feeling_lost_147036.htm

"I lost myself for a little while," Burrell said. "I just lost my game."
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Burrell Admits Feeling Lost
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 04:11:16 PM »
"I was lost and now I'm found."
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

kjd01067

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 04:23:35 PM »
JB is back!!!

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 04:24:53 PM »
Well a very interesting quote from Norm in the post game interview with Minko. "As long as I'm coaching here you'll never have another game with only 5 shots"

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 04:26:57 PM »
Well a very interesting quote from Norm in the post game interview with Minko. "As long as I'm coaching here you'll never have another game with only 5 shots"

I noticed that too.  He said a couple of things like that at the end of last year too.  You know he feels the pressure.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

sjd8886

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 05:24:04 PM »
i was wondering how long it was gonna be until someone started asking why our best recruit in about 7 years wasnt producing...why, on this poor of a team, burrell isnt averaging over 15 ppg, is a mystery...you would figure a good player on this team would have his stats inflated by now

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 05:27:40 PM »
I wish I was at that practice they had on their own.  Someone said something to both Justin and DJ bc they finally played the way we all know they can.

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 08:19:06 PM »
I wish I was at that practice they had on their own.  Someone said something to both Justin and DJ bc they finally played the way we all know they can.

Congratulations and welcome back Justin, it's good to have you back where you belong!!!

Norm said in the Post piece that they have to find a way to get him the ball, and they did.

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 09:47:42 PM »
Good job by Norm and the staff only took them how many years to realize this. If we start knocking down outside shots things will open up down low for JB.

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 10:03:52 PM »
JB had some good looks that didn't go down early in the game but he kept his composure and kept working hard.  Soon, the shots started dropping.  Confidence is so important.  I hope the entire team gains some from today's victory.

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 10:09:23 PM »
I live by Nick Van Exel's words...the best way to get out of a shooting slump is to keep shooting.

Postgame quote from Justin
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 12:16:56 AM »
Sophomore forward Justin Burrell

On play of Luke Harangody:
"Some of the moves he was making, I don't think anyone in the country could have stayed in front of him. So it was a challenge every step of the way. You never know which way he is going to turn, he's big, but he's agile as well. "

On the team's play:
"I felt this is the first game in a long time that we played 40 minutes hard. Everybody came in and contributed. I thought that was big for us."

On the team's focus:
"Part of our everyday ritual is that our coaches tell us we have to focus. The majority of the time, we have spurts where we focus, but today, we really focused and played with energy throughout the whole game."

On the win:
"I've felt the same since I started at St. John's. Our coaches prepare well; our coaches put us in the right situations. And finally we came through. So to me, this is not an upset. We work hard every day. Sometimes we just don't show that on the court."