What everyone is saying about the win....

• 15 replies

Re: What everyone is saying about the win....
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 12:29:01 AM »
Great job assembling this thread, interesting to see what the rest of the BE is thinking.

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 07:51:23 AM »
Not long at all. If you scroll up top and hover over main you'll get a drop down menu and find "Big East Links" which has links for all these pages. Some I read and post on every once and a while too.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 08:17:03 AM »
Were their any recruits at the game yesterday?

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 09:45:55 AM »
Nice assemblage. If any of the more industrious among you gathers any useful information from any of these sites would you be kind enough to share it with your lethargic brethren?

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 11:30:45 AM »
Omari Lawrence had a quote in the Post: http://www.nypost.com/seven/01042009/sports/college/aggressive_st__johns_stuns_no__7_notre_d_147158.htm

“This should shut everyone up,” prize recruit Omari Lawrence told The Post. “He works hard and you can see the guys like playing for him.”

A compilation of other links here:

http://theeastcoastbias.wordpress.com/2009/01/04/game-14-notre-dame-65-st-johns-71-post-game-media/

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 11:49:54 AM »
Good stuff. Now if we can get Boothe back, cut down on the turnovers and bottle the effort we saw yesterday we would be alright. Still have along way to go but very happy for the players.

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 12:30:31 PM »
great job...this is why this site is a "must read".

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 12:31:26 PM »
Not sure how many took the time to read these links but interesting the difference of opinions in all of them. Some focused on St. John's while others focused on ND. Some were happy to see St. John's win while others were upset because now they think ND will play with more urgency against them. UConn fans sounded mostly like St. John's fans in blowing off this win saying they do this every year and they'll suck rest of the way.

Poison

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 02:08:55 PM »
Many are saying that Notre Dame is overrated, but I don't buy that. Luke Harangody was the Big East player of the year, and the Jackson/McAlarney combo has proven that they can hang with the nation's best back court.

Tha Kid

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2009, 05:55:19 PM »
Many are saying that Notre Dame is overrated, but I don't buy that. Luke Harangody was the Big East player of the year, and the Jackson/McAlarney combo has proven that they can hang with the nation's best back court.

ND obviously had to be a LITTLE overrated but they are still a top notch team --- they havent beaten legit teams like Texas already.  It was a great win.
"I drink and I know things"

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2009, 06:10:46 PM »
Great effort by St. John's of forcing them to play a slow game and great coaching in exposing some serious ND flaws.  But ND is definitely overrated - they had lots of chances.  And they have to defend better, they made the Johnnies look like future NBA pros... I would have more confidence that this could happen again if they didn't have so many foolish turnovers.

Burrell's effort was very encouraging.

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2009, 06:28:01 PM »
So we're making excuses for Notre Dame now?  St Johns beat them without the starting SF and PG. Thats an  excuse

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2009, 06:59:28 PM »
It doesn't really matter if ND is overrated or not it doesn't take away from the win. Maybe ND isn't a top 7 team but they are in the top 20 which is nothing to sneeze at.