Combos

• 7 replies
Combos
« on: January 07, 2009, 02:01:44 PM »
I think something that we have this year as opposed to years past is lineup combinations. We can rotate guys efficiently and not skip a beat. JB, Evans, RT, Dele can all serve their purpose or pick up the slack. We can go small, big, quick, long, etc.

Now the key is becoming how do we use these combos and game plan for different teams accordingly. Whats a little exciting on the horizon is we will add a lights out shooter to the team next year in addition to a guy who can score in a number of ways.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Combos
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 02:22:47 PM »
Whats a little exciting on the horizon is we will add a lights out shooter to the team next year in addition to a guy who can score in a number of ways.

While only losing a 6'11 bench warmer.

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 02:51:07 PM »
i think we have four solid back court players in booth horne roberts and djay(i know hes a small forward but im putting him in the bunch) and we have three solid front court players in rob sean and jb. those seven people can all contribute and i think they should get almost all the minutes with dele and ty getting spot minutes due to foul trouble.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 03:01:06 PM »
Even Dele serves his purpose though if we need to add some beef up front. We have personell to match up with anyone.

Tha Kid

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 04:01:10 PM »
I think something that we have this year as opposed to years past is lineup combinations. We can rotate guys efficiently and not skip a beat. JB, Evans, RT, Dele can all serve their purpose or pick up the slack. We can go small, big, quick, long, etc.

Now the key is becoming how do we use these combos and game plan for different teams accordingly. Whats a little exciting on the horizon is we will add a lights out shooter to the team next year in addition to a guy who can score in a number of ways.

Great point Dave.  Another thing we have is that no one with talent is in Norm's doghouse.  We may not have a true shooter like Wright or Avery, but every guy Norm seems to be happy enough with to play as they deserve --- much nicer watching games - AND PLAYING THEM - when the coach doesnt unfairly have something against any kid who could really help the team.  Gotta be better in the "clubhouse" too when thats the case.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 04:31:58 PM »
Just have to take issue with the word 'unfairly'. I've never seen that in Norm's tenure.

Something we're seeing across the board that also makes this team fun to watch. Everyone busts his tail on defense. Gotta love that. Might even have something to do with the coaching?

Tha Kid

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 08:47:20 PM »
Fair enough.  Instead howbout saying this team doesn't have any talented guys who would play based on talent riding the pine - either deservedly or undeservedly.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 12:05:35 AM »
Agree no guys are in the dog house which is definitely a good thing. The team is more of a team this year than last year. I really can't wait to see how we fair a: coming off a big win and b: against an elite power house team.