SI.com chimes in about St. John's at the Garden

• 11 replies
SI.com chimes in about St. John's at the Garden
« on: February 10, 2009, 02:28:05 PM »
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/se_cupp/02/10/st.johns/

"Thus in order to refrain from walking out of the Garden and throwing myself in front of an oncoming cab (driven by someone who's also probably younger than I am), I decided a change of seat was imperative. I needed to immediately recreate the comforting distance of watching these infants on television. So I hauled my aging betrayal of a body up a few flights to sit with Nick and Dan Marino, a father-son team who are diehard, lifelong fans of St John's basketball."

Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Re: SI.com chimes in about St. John's at the Garden
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 02:49:03 PM »
For the politically conservative, she does a lot of political writing as well, check her out here: http://red-secupp.blogspot.com/. 

But that article is... well, fluff.

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 03:01:19 PM »
Obviously this duo are not the real Marinos. As much as it would please you to know that Danny boy is a Johnnies fan, it would haunt you to accept Danny boy's 1st born is a Jets fan from Long Island. ha

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 03:48:14 PM »
Obviously this duo are not the real Marinos. As much as it would please you to know that Danny boy is a Johnnies fan, it would haunt you to accept Danny boy's 1st born is a Jets fan from Long Island. ha

I got all excited reading that then I was very disappointed he wasn't the real Dan Marino.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 04:44:40 PM »
This is one of the worst articles I've ever read.  This woman is 29 years old and makes it seem like she is 70. 

The article is more about her feeling overmatched by the youth of the cheerleaders and basketball players (somebody should tell her Wait and Thomas are like 40) than STJ basketball.  What is the point?  Men don't care about you feeling bad about aging. 

It also must be noted that I think the hottest women in the world are between 28-38. 

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 04:48:46 PM »
This is one of the worst articles I've ever read.  This woman is 29 years old and makes it seem like she is 70. 

The article is more about her feeling overmatched by the youth of the cheerleaders and basketball players (somebody should tell her Wait and Thomas are like 40) than STJ basketball.  What is the point?  Men don't care about you feeling bad about aging. 

It also must be noted that I think the hottest women in the world are between 28-38.

:o
June 11 1982!
That would only make a certain female basketball player 26

Marillac

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 04:54:19 PM »

June 11 1982!

Hey, I never claimed she was hot, but what are you going to do with 12 beers in you (wearing a Marcus Hatten Jersey) in that situation. Go St. John's!

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 04:57:49 PM »

June 11 1982!

Hey, I never claimed she was hot, but what are you going to do with 12 beers in you (wearing a Marcus Hatten Jersey) in that situation. Go St. John's!

I would have held out for Sue Bird  :)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 04:58:41 PM by we are sju »

Marillac

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 05:30:27 PM »

June 11 1982!

If Sue Bird was an option, I would have too. 

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 06:14:58 PM »

June 11 1982!

Was Khalid El-Amin an option that glorious evening?

Marillac

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 07:00:23 PM »

June 11 1982!

He was until he left the club with a brown-haired guy with a Rockaway accent.  The guy was tickling Khalid, and kept playfully asking how much money Calhoun gave him to play basketball. 

Now what I think about it...where were you that night, Baldi? :)

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 09:55:34 PM »

June 11 1982!

He was until he left the club with a brown-haired guy with a Rockaway accent.  The guy was tickling Khalid, and kept playfully asking how much money Calhoun gave him to play basketball. 

Now what I think about it...where were you that night, Baldi? :)

My beer goggles were in full force that sensual evening. Khalid had a nice smile and some good weed, DT looked like Howard Stern with some lipstick, so I stuck with little man