VA Tech Debacle

• 6 replies
VA Tech Debacle
« on: December 30, 2007, 08:46:52 AM »
Had to work Saturday so I wuz off line til my boy Rayshawn Gibbs tape the game fo me. Got myselves up early this morning to watch after make suring I didnt see no score.

Oh my God. That game was uglier than Quatana Mills back in 7th grade. And you know what Im talkin bout girl.

VA Tech played hard D no doubt but we aint doin nuthin to challenge. Lotsa time we would just pass the ball round the perimenter while the clock sink down. Then we would let someone go one on one to penetrate. VA Tech would close ranks and that'd be it. We'd throw up a brick, get blocked, get stolen, throw it out of bound.

They was no plays at all. It wuz like the ol' regime when it wuz kick it around and let Hatten do his thang wit 10 left. That aint no tru ball.

100 year of St. John ball?
Set the game back 100 year, yo.

Dont like givin advice but here some thing coach gotta think of:

1: When you strugglin on O, put yo best playaz on the floor. That mean Larry, Mase and JB playin extended minutes tgether.

2: VA Tech wuz turnin the ball ova all the time. They as young as us. Trap them and get some easy TOs and breakaways.

3: Mase is good off the dribble, but set some screens fo the brotha. Best set play of the game wuz like in five minutes off the tap when Mase comes off a screen to hit a 3 from the key. Smoove. Then all one-on-one.

4: How come Larry in the dog house? Didn't see him doggin it on D. Brotha got a knack fo puttin the ball in the hole. Need that lickety-split.

5: JB is explosive so he gotta be told to make his move when he get the ball immediately befo the double team. Bortha is effective dribblin once, turnin into the paint and layin it up. Brotha is also not gettin to the line as much as he should.

6: VA Tech wuz playin straight up man all the way. They didnt throw nuthin diffnt at us. So why wuzn't we settin mo screens. Only way to beat man-to-man in half court.

7: One of the few fast break point game after Stringy Head dunk on the break.... we inbound real fast... kick it to Mase who throw a sweet dime to JB fo a slick reverse. Why didnt we do that mo... push the ball up immediate afta a VA Tech make. UConn perfected that way back when. They score. You score befo they can even set. Good things happen.

I'm out.

-Choz4Life

Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Tha Kid

Re: VA Tech Debacle
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 09:28:06 AM »
Choz - paying attention to Larry at the game on the bench and in the court, he looked miserable out there, I thought.  Coach was yellin' at him about every little thing.  He looks nervous and self-conscious, not confident like he did first few games.  No idea why he's in the doghouse, he seems like a good kid and is always tryin' hard.  With our offensive ineptitude, he needs to be a HUGE part of our team, not a 10th man off the bench like he was yesterday.
"I drink and I know things"

HTGS_says_shutup

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 10:46:25 AM »
i think Burrell and Wright transfer at the end of the season, especially if this clown is still the coach.

both are very talented players and staying here to play for Norm would be debilitating to their futures as bball playerz.

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 11:27:59 AM »
Not to defend Norm bc he did a lot of shitty things but how can we be complaining about Larry's minutes when his dude lit him up when he was in.  Vasallo just destroyed him down low and scored at will.  Now the thing i was upset about there was I would have marked him with Geno who could have bodied that boy up and put Larry on Delaney who wasnt doing shit.  Larry came in the 1st half and had 2 sweet looks at the hoop and couldnt connect.  I personally thought Paris was playing the best of the 3 guys playing the 2 but Norm buried him on the bench after he aggressively drove to the hoop.  oh well

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 09:06:01 PM »
1: When you strugglin on O, put yo best playaz on the floor. That mean Larry, Mase and JB playin extended minutes tgether.

5: JB is explosive so he gotta be told to make his move when he get the ball immediately befo the double team. Bortha is effective dribblin once, turnin into the paint and layin it up. Brotha is also not gettin to the line as much as he should.

I'm out.

-Choz4Life

Great stuff Choz...I think Larry needs more minutes...he's not great on D...but he's good enough.  The problem with Larry is he can disappear at times and sometimes for full games.  We need him demanding the ball not hiding in the corner.  Its hard to instill that attitude in players...but its Norm's job to get it done.  I think that is why Norm is riding him so much.

After 11 minutes without a FG...you would think at least one time they would've isolated JB to at least attempt to break the streak.  Geno had the opportunity to feed him several times...but instead opted to take it to the hoop.  Its hard work watching Geno try to beat anyone off the dribble.

Might as well let Boothe run the show...we're not going anywhere this year and we need Boothe to develop for future years.  Let him get the growing pains out of the way this year.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 09:08:50 PM »
i think Burrell and Wright transfer at the end of the season, especially if this clown is still the coach.

both are very talented players and staying here to play for Norm would be debilitating to their futures as bball playerz.

No need fo name callin, son.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Poison

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 07:38:17 AM »
Had to work Saturday so I wuz off line til my boy Rayshawn Gibbs tape the game fo me. Got myselves up early this morning to watch after make suring I didnt see no score.

Oh my God. That game was uglier than Quatana Mills back in 7th grade. And you know what Im talkin bout girl.

VA Tech played hard D no doubt but we aint doin nuthin to challenge. Lotsa time we would just pass the ball round the perimenter while the clock sink down. Then we would let someone go one on one to penetrate. VA Tech would close ranks and that'd be it. We'd throw up a brick, get blocked, get stolen, throw it out of bound.

They was no plays at all. It wuz like the ol' regime when it wuz kick it around and let Hatten do his thang wit 10 left. That aint no tru ball.

100 year of St. John ball?
Set the game back 100 year, yo.

Dont like givin advice but here some thing coach gotta think of:

2: VA Tech wuz turnin the ball ova all the time. They as young as us. Trap them and get some easy TOs and breakaways.

3: Mase is good off the dribble, but set some screens fo the brotha. Best set play of the game wuz like in five minutes off the tap when Mase comes off a screen to hit a 3 from the key. Smoove. Then all one-on-one.

4: How come Larry in the dog house? Didn't see him doggin it on D. Brotha got a knack fo puttin the ball in the hole. Need that lickety-split.

6: VA Tech wuz playin straight up man all the way. They didnt throw nuthin diffnt at us. So why wuzn't we settin mo screens. Only way to beat man-to-man in half court.

7: One of the few fast break point game after Stringy Head dunk on the break.... we inbound real fast... kick it to Mase who throw a sweet dime to JB fo a slick reverse. Why didnt we do that mo... push the ball up immediate afta a VA Tech make. UConn perfected that way back when. They score. You score befo they can even set. Good things happen.

I'm out.

-Choz4Life

How about set some screens for anyone? Run one play. Juts one.
Wright is fine. Norm is treating games like practice.

We'll be lucky to match our 9 win total of his first year.
Hopefully, after that, he'll be removed.