Vibe's Best Rapper Alive Brackets

• 10 replies
Vibe's Best Rapper Alive Brackets
« on: May 15, 2009, 03:36:24 PM »
http://www.vibe.com/bestrapper/

The # 1 seeds are Jay-z, Andre 3000 , Eminem & lil Wanye

Jay-z is the #1 overall seed so plays the winner of the playing game which is Puff Vs Jim Jones

Eminem has Nas in his Bracket so I would imagine he is the lowest # 1 seed, which I find unfair because Eminem is better than Wanye & 3000 combined.

My underdog is Luda he is in the lil Wanye bracket I see an upset.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 03:37:41 PM by KAHNIGHT »
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

Re: Vibe's Best Rapper Alive Brackets
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 05:18:14 PM »
LL?

LJSA

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 08:42:51 PM »
I'd go with Chuck D. Then again, I'm 38 and white and don't listen to hip hop on the radio, so there are some names there that I've never heard before

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 09:59:55 PM »
My modern day favorites are Jay-Z, Biggie, Nas and Luda. Old school gotta go with Rakim and Chuck D. The game has change.

Take seven MC and put them in a line...add seven more brothers who think they can rhyme...it will take seven more before i go for mine...and that's 21 MC ate up at the sametime!!! Classic Sh_t.

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 12:42:04 AM »
It is the greatest rappers Alive list so I agree Rakim , LL & Chuck D should be on the list. They have done more for Hip Hop than almost everyone on the list.

As you get older do you grow out of rap?
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 09:47:03 PM »
lil wayne was the best for the last couple of years. then he went commercial and i cant stand his voice changer. i love TI, nas, and the game and im really not the biggest fan of kanye and jayz. i wish jadakiss and papoose were on the list
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 09:33:28 AM »
It is the greatest rappers Alive list so I agree Rakim , LL & Chuck D should be on the list. They have done more for Hip Hop than almost everyone on the list.

You mean do rappers or do listeners?  I don't think I grew out of listening to rap but I do listen to some different stuff - like I am not listening to the newest "hits" (in part b/c there are a small group of companies and stations making those hits, all sorts of stuff won't get heard).  But then there's the nostalgia aspect... I'd rather listen to stuff from 1988 or the mid 90s that most stuff I hear.

Marillac

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 01:30:41 PM »
Jadakiss is underrated.

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 03:32:25 PM »

You mean do rappers or do listeners?  I don't think I grew out of listening to rap but I do listen to some different stuff - like I am not listening to the newest "hits" (in part b/c there are a small group of companies and stations making those hits, all sorts of stuff won't get heard).  But then there's the nostalgia aspect... I'd rather listen to stuff from 1988 or the mid 90s that most stuff I hear.

I was talking about listeners, it seems as people get older the less they listen to rap. I don't really understand why that is because rap seems to talk about the most mature topics out there.

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 03:38:19 PM »
lil wayne was the best for the last couple of years. then he went commercial and i cant stand his voice changer. i love TI, nas, and the game and im really not the biggest fan of kanye and jayz. i wish jadakiss and papoose were on the list

Wanye to me is very overrated & there are too many rumors of people writing for him, which discredits you as a rapper. Papoose is one of the few rappers that challenges himself  & the hip hop industry. But he does not have a main stream flow so he will never blow.However just off of Mixtapes he is in my top 6 rappers of all time.

Jadakiss is on the list. He is the 7th seed he faces Beanie Sigel who is the 10th seed in the first round good match up

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 01:17:08 PM »

Wanye to me is very overrated & there are too many rumors of people writing for him, which discredits you as a rapper. Papoose is one of the few rappers that challenges himself  & the hip hop industry. But he does not have a main stream flow so he will never blow.However just off of Mixtapes he is in my top 6 rappers of all time.

Jadakiss is on the list. He is the 7th seed he faces Beanie Sigel who is the 10th seed in the first round good match up

i never used to like lil wayne when i heard him on the radio, but once i heard his other stuff from his mixtapes and his albums that never hit the radio i was hooked. he has some insane mixtapes and his ryhmes were so crazy unfortunately there is the shadow over him suggesting that he doesnt write all his rhymes but that can never be proven. if you havnt listened to all of the drought mix tapes i recommend you do their nuts.

jadakiss is extremely undderrated but real rap fans know about him and respect him. papoose is even more hidden to the casual fan but his lines are insane, i think hes happy being underground though.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.