Best NYS High School Sports Program?

• 1 replies

Marillac

Best NYS High School Sports Program?
« on: July 05, 2009, 05:53:30 AM »
Best team in the State the last 10+ years in football has to be my alma mater, Monroe-Woodbury.

Checkout the list of schools for our current QB:  http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=93588&sport=1  Florida, Ohio State, WV.  6'3 200 4.55 40 and yet another dual-threat QB from M-W.

We already have two other starting QB's in college right now.  The last M-W QB, Greg Sullivan just threw for 1,800 and ran for 900 (school record) at Colgate as true soph.  We have a string of QUARTERBACKS rushing for over 1,500 yards dating back to my junior season and our QB, Andre McCleod.

In addition to football M-W own numerous NYS wrestling team championships and was once ranked the top school in the Northeast.  They won two hockey state championships, have a top three-five ski team, and have made the state finals in girls soccer.  We were also ranked in the top ten my senior year in basketball (and the year after) and came closer to beating Ben Gordon and Mt. Vernon (up five with 30 seconds left and Ben nailed to treys to win it) than any team in the country that year.

What other schools belong up there on this list? 

Marillac

Re: Best NYS High School Sports Program?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 01:51:10 PM »
I would have to add West-Genesee (spelling) since they produce more lax players than just about any school I've ever seen and they did beat M-W in the state championship a few years ago in football.

I"m thinking maybe Christ The King as well.