Mason Jr?

• 47 replies

Poison

Mason Jr?
« on: November 28, 2007, 09:38:41 PM »
He okay?

Re: Mason Jr?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 09:53:24 PM »
i saw him going into the locker room on crutches with the left ankle taped...don't look so good right now
We Not Me

Randomhero423

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 09:59:11 PM »
atleast DJ Kennedy seems to look able to step up. (only saw first game but he's been filling the stat sheet up)

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 10:00:01 PM »
When he went down, he punched the floor hard (almost as if he was saying "damn, i'm out for the year")

He eventually started walking under his own power.  I expect the worst, but let's see how it plays out.

DEFINITELY want to see him back, but man oh man is Kennedy a great "replacement".  You're not losing ANYTHING by putting him into the game and giving him more time.

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 10:03:13 PM »
if mason was out for a long time, that would KILL the team.  dont think kennedy can do what mason is capable of doing when big east time comes around.  remember, youve seen the length and athleticism against NEC teams, not big east teams which have players on the floor that are as athletic as kennedy is.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 10:06:20 PM »
yah not good news about mason we will need him alot come big east time!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 10:08:58 PM »
thats a definite, if this injury keeps mase out for the BE games it will be very tough. just hoping for good news
We Not Me

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 10:15:07 PM »
out for the year?  ...my guess is he will be held out until the Hawaii games...he didn't look to be favoring the ankle before the reinjury so I can't imagine him being out for more than two more weeks...we do need him for the BE games but you gotta love what Kennedy has been doing so far...
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Randomhero423

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 10:16:08 PM »
if he is out for the season, we can get a medical redshirt. correct?

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 10:24:01 PM »
I agree.  Mason is a necessary part of this team.  If nothing else, b/c we need the depth and minutes.  But I'm saying as short term solution, Kennedy is the obvious answer.  However, this couldn't have come at a worse time considering Miami is up next. 

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2007, 10:25:20 PM »
according to the yahoosports report its a sprained ankle, the same one that he hurt before
We Not Me

Randomhero423

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2007, 10:27:18 PM »
let him take decemeber off.  we'll see where our freshman are by then (facing stiffer competetion and another month) and AMJR will hopefully be 100%.  most (if not all) of the games are beatable w/out amjr anyway

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2007, 10:36:55 PM »
plus we only have 2 games in the next 3 weeks then hawaii so if he sits out this be the time miami be hard but niagara should be a win let him rest the 21 days and play in hawaii
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 10:41:12 PM by StonecutterJeff »

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2007, 10:47:27 PM »
same sprain as last time is the word from the trainer.  he didnt want to put a timetable on it, but apparently he guesstimated about 3 weeks or so.   :-\
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

nrb155

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2007, 11:41:15 PM »
mason=hill???????? i hope to hell not

redstorm32

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2007, 11:44:57 PM »
from what im hearing he might be out until big east play

he wasnt 100% going into today so it could be serious
he deff. is devastated this was his year, his team, his chance

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 09:58:28 AM »
Unf*ckinbelievable..  :o ::) >:( .. We can't catch a break. Hopefully he will be back & healthy for conference play. On the other hand it just "opened the door" for Rob Thomas. If he is completely healthy come the Niagara game we MIGHT not miss Mase that much... Keep ur fingers crossed folks on BOTH counts..  :) .. peace!

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

Poison

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2007, 10:09:04 AM »
Unf*ckinbelievable..  :o ::) >:( .. We can't catch a break. Hopefully he will be back & healthy for conference play. On the other hand it just "opened the door" for Rob Thomas. If he is completely healthy come the Niagara game we MIGHT not miss Mase that much... Keep ur fingers crossed folks on BOTH counts..  :) .. peace!

Pray

redstorm32

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2007, 10:14:52 AM »
red even if rob is healthy to go in the niagara game

i dont think he will play major minutes especially with what just happened with mase

plus do you think rob will be ready to actually make an impact right away i think its going to take him until conference play to get into a grove and be the scoring machine he once was

Poison

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2007, 10:48:48 AM »
red even if rob is healthy to go in the niagara game

i dont think he will play major minutes especially with what just happened with mase

plus do you think rob will be ready to actually make an impact right away i think its going to take him until conference play to get into a grove and be the scoring machine he once was

Who knows what the kid needs to get ready? None of us have seen him in a game situation at this level.
Maybe he doesn't need time to get into a groove. Like Mason does. Maybe he's ready. We'll see.