Jarelle Reischel - SG - Point Pleasant Beach HS - Point Pleasant, NJ

• 4 replies

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
http://w3.nbebasketball.com/2009/08/11/big-east-targets-at-summer-primetime-shootout/

The Jersey Shore star has only been in the US for about a year, coming over from Germany before his sophomore year. Nonetheless, schools are taking notice of his game. To date, Providence, Georgetown, Maryland, Penn State, St. Joseph’s, St. John’s, Rutgers (offer) and Monmouth (offer) are involved with Reischel, who does not have any favorites.

A player without a true position, Reischel can play the 1, 2, and 3, but might be best suited for the shooting guard spot at the next level due to his size and skill set. At the high school level, the offense focuses on Jarelle, which leads him to stand around and wait for the ball a lot, a habit that he will need to break in order to be effective in the NCAA. A streaky shooter, Reischel can definitely make shots, but he also has stretches where he struggles to put the ball in the cup. A very good athlete, the German import has some shake ‘n bake to his game, a little pizzazz if you will. Jarelle possess a nasty crossover that he uses effectively when driving to the cup, though he is not overly flashy. He is tough to defend, as he can beat his defender off the dribble, or pull-up and shoot a J beyond the arc. Reischel rebounds the ball very well, especially on the offense end, for a player his size. He needs to work on refining his game, becoming a more consistent shooter, and must give 100% every time he sets foot on the court, but there is no questioning the fact that Reischel can play ball.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Re: Jarelle Reischel - SG - Point Pleasant Beach HS - Point Pleasant, NJ
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 11:52:18 AM »
http://w3.nbebasketball.com/2009/06/09/class-of-2011-intro-jarelle-reischel/

Jarelle Reischel came to this country about one year ago from Germany, but the 6-foot-6 sophomore (class of 2011) is already receiving a lot of attention from college coaches after being here such a short time.

As just a sophomore, Reischel starred for Point Pleasant Beach in New Jersey, averaging 21 points and 9 rebounds a game. Those numbers helped him earn 1st-team All-Ocean County as well as well as third-team All-Jersey Shore this past season.

Point Pleasant Beach made it all the way to the third round of the NJSSIA Tournament before being knocked out by New Egypt and their star sophomore, Desmond Hubert, who was a 2nd-team All-Ocean County honoree.

For Reischel, he is still learning the game as he did not play much organized basketball before coming here, as soccer is the sport of choice in Germany. The younger, who speaks English well, appears to have a bright outlook in the states and flashed that potential this past weekend at the Reebok Headliner Tryout camp in Somerset (NJ).

Admittedly, Reischel came to the States for basketball and college. However, when you’re projected to be 6-foot-8 and have a great frame to grow into, who wouldn’t make the move. College coaches are already finding out who he is.

Reischel, told NBE this past weekend that he already holds offers from Rutgers and Monmouth with interest from West Virginia, St. John’s and Seton Hall. Despite being new to the county Reischel also told NBE, “it doesn’t matter, [I’ll go to college] anywhere.”

For now though, Reischel is just getting used to the American game and being in a county where soccer’s popularity doesn’t even come close to matching that of basketball.

“Germany’s more about soccer, for basketball they don’t really show NBA basketball or college basketball, so it’s really my first year getting into basketball and watching everything,” said Reischel.

Reischel also added, “over the summer I want to work on my strength, my frame, my ballhandling, I mean everything. I want to become a more complete player and get used to the American style of basketball.”

By the way this German native picks Brazil, not Germany, to win the 2010 World Cup.

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 12:16:18 PM »
This kid lives in my town and I've heard about him but I didn't catch a game last season. Point Pleasant Beach though plays in a very weak division so he is beating up on some really bad competition and I'm not sure how or why he wound up at Beach of all places.

I'll have to check him out.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

gonzalo

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 09:32:43 AM »
http://w3.nbebasketball.com/2009/12/27/jarelle-reischel-fielding-big-east-interest/

JARELLE REISCHEL FIELDING BIG EAST INTEREST

December 27, 2009 by NBE Blogger

2011 forward improving game, seeing college interest

While most of the attention Saturday night in the Seton Hall Prep-Point Pleasant Beach high school basketball contest was focused on Prep guard Sterling Gibbs, one of the nation’s top guards in the class, another 2011 prospect is also getting some attention from some big name schools as well. Point Pleasant Beach’s 6-foot-6, 200-pound forward Jarelle Reischel is a name to remember this spring and summer as college coaches will be certain to evaluate when the time comes.

While Gibbs definitely stole the show Saturday, scoring 38 points in SHP’s 77-58 win, Reischel scored 14 points and grabbed a game-high 11 rebounds for Point Pleasant Beach, who dropped their first game of the season after opening with two wins.

Reischel has only been in the United States just over a year, coming from his native Germany, and making his game more ‘American’ has been an adjust for him and is one of the areas he told NBE earlier this week he has improved in.

“Georgetown, Penn State, Maryland, St. John’s, Providence, Kansas [and] Temple,” replied Reischel when asked by NBE what schools were actively recruiting him, noting that he is wide open to any and all schools in the process.

Late this summer at the Summer Primetime Shootout Reischel showed he can definitely make shots, but he also had stretches where he struggled to put the ball in the cup. A very good athlete, the German import has some shake ‘n bake to his game, a little pizzazz if you will, with a nasty crossover that he used effectively when driving to the cup, though he is not overly flashy. He was tough to defend, as he showed he was capable of beating his defender off the dribble, or pull-up and shoot a jumper beyond the arc. Reischel rebounded the ball very well, especially on the offense end, for a player his size.

At this point in his recruitment Reischel is still feeling out the process, but has an idea on what he is looking for in a school and program, outside of the comfort zone and relationship with the coaches and players.

“I want to find a team that will make me achieve my goals as a individual and as a team,” said Reischel.

NBE will be sure to check in with Jarelle Reischel again this season as well as this spring on the AAU and camp circuit.

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 02:47:22 PM »
[tweet]http://twitter.com/#!/AdamZagoria/status/11168906089598976[/tweet]

Some good news 4 Rice hoops-St Pats coach Kevin Boyle said Jarelle Reischel was best player in scrimmage that included Mike Gilchrist #UK