Jamie Vanderbeken - C - Tyler JC - Belleville, ON - IOWA STATE

• 16 replies
Jamie Vanderbeken - C - Tyler JC - Belleville, ON - IOWA STATE
« on: January 19, 2008, 02:52:24 PM »
averaging 13 and 7 this season in JUCO. We've known for a while St. John's had some interest in him but he is narrowing down his list. Penn State, South Florida, St. John's, Depaul and Iowa State are the final 5.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 01:24:21 PM by kjd01067 »
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Tha Kid

Re: Jamie Vanderbeken
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 05:21:49 PM »
averaging 13 and 7 this season in JUCO. We've known for a while St. John's had some interest in him but he is narrowing down his list. Penn State, South Florida, St. John's, Depaul and Iowa State are the final 5.

I have no interest in the Dawson's Creek character.

So we're going to create a further logjam, reduce any minutes Evans would get, reduce Dele's minutes, and split C between Vanderbeken and TJ? Ugh.  I'd rather just go with what we got at C.  Sign a PG and Kilpatrick, or just sign a PG if Kilpatrick doesn't come and save the 'ship for '09.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 05:34:56 PM »
who knows? I'm just reporting he's around and interested. I think 7 boards for a C is pretty weak but I haven't checked out his minutes either.

Randomhero423

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 05:41:40 PM »
we need a impact center. not just any center.  i'd rather go for a PG.

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 06:01:07 PM »
I don't want him.

kjd01067

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 11:52:45 AM »

Just read on redmen.com that we are now in his final 4. The list is now Iowa St, St John's, Depaul, and Marshall.  I guess the report was from hoopsmaster dont have a subscription to that site so cant tell you any more details.  What do you guys think should we go the JUCO route for another big man ?  Not great teams were competing against but read somewhere that originally out of highschool he was highly recruited 3 star.  Might not be a bad idea to bring in a big man who can play from day 1 and doesnt need to learn the fundamentals ala coker and evans.

Randomhero423

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 12:24:34 PM »
who's our backup pg again?????????

sjd8886

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 01:59:52 AM »

idk, but i think malik booth should start running track in the offseason bc he's gonna play 40 a game next year

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 02:36:41 PM »

idk, but i think malik booth should start running track in the offseason bc he's gonna play 40 a game next year
Let's hope he's working on his shooting.

kjd01067

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 10:20:33 AM »

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 01:03:42 PM »
http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=798171

Vanderbeken to Iowa State

Well thats where he originally committed before he was academically ineligible and went to JUCO. Not too surprising.

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 01:16:59 PM »

Well thats where he originally committed before he was academically ineligible and went to JUCO. Not too surprising.

actually it was Iowa...any updates on Lithuanian Lightning?
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 01:18:19 AM »
Its not the point that some people don't like him its the fact that norm and co. can't land anybody we are after, sad to say but we are done.

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2008, 01:47:49 AM »

actually it was Iowa...any updates on Lithuanian Lightning?

Some but I want to keep the discussion on Jamie in this thread

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2008, 01:49:35 AM »
Its not the point that some people don't like him its the fact that norm and co. can't land anybody we are after, sad to say but we are done.

Yea I understand what you are saying but I don't see that as the case here. Our interest was mild throughout....he was an option but not really a focus. If you want to say that for Syl/Mookie/Kev sure but to say this for JV is reaching.

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2008, 10:07:02 AM »
Norm and co. have been shot down by every 08 recruit, weather they were limited or not the fact is we have no recruits and a player that norm probably wasted a spot for with cav leaving. Don't get me wrong i liked cav and wanted to see him develope but why bring him in with 7 other guys.

Randomhero423

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2008, 03:46:25 PM »
we shoulda red shirted him.