Tobias Harris - SG - Half Hollow Hills HS West - Dix Hills, NY - TENNESSEE

• 71 replies
Re: Tobias Harris - SG - Half Hollow Hills HS West - Dix Hills, NY
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2008, 09:25:32 AM »
http://www.zagsblog.net/2008/09/10/pitino-visits-tobias-harris-at-school/

Pitino Visits Tobias Harris at School
Posted on Sep 10, 2008 10:15 pm
Louisville head coach Rick Pitino paid a special visit to Tobias Harris’ new school today.

Pitino came to watch the 6-foot-8 Harris at Long Island Lutheran.

“Coach Pitino came to watch Tobias for a two-hour workout after school today (Wednesday),” Torrel Harris, Tobias’ dad, said. “Tobias told me he was very happy to see Coach Pitino’s interest in him and felt that it really meant something that he chose to be there rather than sending an assistant coach. The visit motivated Tobias to continue working hard as he came home to jump rope with his younger brothers Terry and Tyler for another hour while expressing his desire to be the best he can be.”

Harris previously cut his list of potential schools to 10: Louisville, Syracuse, Rutgers, Georgetown, Virginia, Maryland, Marquette, West Virginia, Wake Forest and USC. But he later added UConn after a visit last weekend.

Harris is the No. 9 power forward in the Class of 2010 and has numerous scholarship offers. Rutgers has made him a prime target for the Class of 2010.

A year ago, he scored 52 points in one game for Dix Hills (NY) Half Hollow Hills West and scored his 1,000th career point as a sophomore. He recently announced his transfer to Long Island Lutheran.

Randomhero423

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2008, 10:30:17 AM »
He injuried his ankle and looks to be out 2-4 months...

Randomhero423

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2008, 11:01:23 AM »
6-8 wks. my bad

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2008, 08:46:39 PM »
IMOP kids don't choose a school because they like the guy who is the coach unless he has already proven he can win & develop his players. Hill has not proven he can do either. Something smells.

Randomhero423

« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2008, 01:17:03 AM »
he's at long island lutheran now.

« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2009, 06:17:14 PM »
http://w3.nbebasketball.com/2009/06/21/nba-top-100-camp-recruiting-notes/

Tobias Harris
Indications from his father, Torrel Harris, Sr., are that Connecticut, West Virginia and Tennessee are the three currently standing out among the many on Tobias’ college list.

kob24

« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2009, 12:01:29 AM »
he is back at half hollows

gonzalo

« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2009, 01:43:21 AM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/06/22/tobias-harris-still-open/

Despite an Internet report saying Tobias Harris had narrowed his list to three schools, Torrel Harris says his son still has a list of about a dozen schools.

“Tobias’ list is open ONLY to his top schools,” Torrel wrote in an email. “My son likes the following schools: Tenn, UCONN, West Virginia, Syracuse, Notre Dame, Maryland, Georgia Tech, Rutgers, St.John’s, Virginia, Kentucky, Louisville and West Virginia.”

The 6-foot-8 Harris was the sixth-leading scorer (13.3 ppg) at the NBA Top 100 Camp in Charlottesville, Va., and plans to cut his list later this summer.

“At the end of the summer we will cut the list to five schools and by the end of September we will have a college decision,” Torrel said.

“When we pick our five, everybody’s going to know.”

pmg911

« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2009, 01:04:06 PM »

Despite an Internet report saying Tobias Harris had narrowed his list to three schools, Torrel Harris says his son still has a list of about a dozen schools.

“Tobias’ list is open ONLY to his top schools,” Torrel wrote in an email. “My son likes the following schools: Tenn, UCONN, West Virginia, Syracuse, Notre Dame, Maryland, Georgia Tech, Rutgers, St.John’s, Virginia, Kentucky, Louisville and West Virginia.”

The 6-foot-8 Harris was the sixth-leading scorer (13.3 ppg) at the NBA Top 100 Camp in Charlottesville, Va., and plans to cut his list later this summer.

“At the end of the summer we will cut the list to five schools and by the end of September we will have a college decision,” Torrel said.

I had not seen St. John's on any list for him previously...

« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2009, 06:15:44 PM »
im very biased towards tobias...i love his game. he plays real hard till the end, even if his team is getting blown out. never gives up on defense. the few times i saw him play he was the motor for his team and made his teamamtes better, gotta love how hard he plays on both ends of the floor. his scoring ability, athletic ability, and everything goes with out saying.
O, God thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2009, 06:35:54 PM »
im very biased towards tobias...i love his game. he plays real hard till the end, even if his team is getting blown out. never gives up on defense. the few times i saw him play he was the motor for his team and made his teamamtes better, gotta love how hard he plays on both ends of the floor. his scoring ability, athletic ability, and everything goes with out saying.

bball_fan. Just curious, how much can he squat? ;)

LJSA

« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2009, 06:39:04 PM »

I thought the knock on him was his relative lack of athleticism.

LJSA

« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2009, 06:40:09 PM »

I had not seen St. John's on any list for him previously...

I think we were on early, early list, but our staff was actually cool on him at the beginning instead of jumping all over him.

« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2009, 06:43:16 PM »

I thought the knock on him was his relative lack of athleticism.

well he was looking very atheletic  against his compitition in hs. im not sure how that will translate into the college game.
O, God thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

LJSA

« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2009, 11:52:01 PM »
Even if he is a step slow, his basketball IQ will help him compensate.

« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2009, 02:51:54 PM »
HSH: Who’s all coming?
TH: Kentucky is here on Sept. 9, the 10th is Georgia Tech, the 11th is Notre Dame, the 12th is Syracuse, Connecticut and Louisville, the 13th is St. Johns and Tennessee, the 14th is Oklahoma, the 15th is West Virginia, the 16th is Maryland and the 17th is Rutgers.

kob24

« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2009, 11:44:07 PM »
not athletic. but great skill

« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2009, 12:32:23 AM »

he looked more athletic on espnu. for a power forward he is athletic enough, but not at sf. he should really stick to the 4.

pmg911

« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2009, 10:00:23 AM »

KOB - is Harris best Senior in NY..?

« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2009, 06:44:12 PM »
Tobias Harris' Visit to University of Maryland

Harris Bros Enjoying UMD - http://www.gothamhoops.com/?p=1524

Harris' in Maryland; Part 2 - http://www.gothamhoops.com/?p=1539