Dwight Hardy

• 59 replies
Dwight Hardy
« on: December 22, 2009, 03:54:03 PM »
Looks like he loves playing in the Garden, he was money from 3 and taking it to the hoop. Hopefully he can comtinue as we start to see some of the big dogs at MSG

boo3

Re: Dwight Hardy
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 04:01:43 PM »
Looks like he loves playing in the Garden, he was money from 3 and taking it to the hoop. Hopefully he can comtinue as we start to see some of the big dogs at MSG

Hopefully he won't sit for 15 minutes again after scoring 13 points in 7 minutes.

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 04:05:12 PM »

Hopefully he won't sit for 15 minutes again after scoring 13 points in 7 minutes.

Cmon man, havent we bitched enough today?

Hardy was great last night

Poison

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 04:06:09 PM »
That was infuriating. Vintage Norm.
Hardy needs to start.

boo3

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 04:11:33 PM »
  dont' worry.  after Bryant on wednesday we can start another "top 25, here we come, thread".  Your right , its not Norms fault.  Its yours for mushing us again. ;)

boo3

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 04:28:00 PM »
  I think when you have a player, like Hardy last night, that is stroking it, you have to allow him to keep it going.   Even one of the bonehead announcers said it.  Let him keep shooting till he misses.  He has ability, like Bootsy,  to go BIG every once in a while.  Can't let the chance go by with him on the bench. 
  Thats not bitching, that my honest opinion on what happened.

kob24

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 04:34:17 PM »
Ever since highschool he scores in bunches. So he might be quit for the 1st six minutes then bam he goes for 10 in like 4 minutes.u have to ride it until he cools off. U just have to period. We don't have a inside threat and dj isn't putting up 30 a game. U need at least a outside threat to always keep u in it. This loss won't kill the season. U are a idiot and have no clue of basketball if u think that. But if that sh!t doesn't get corrected then u have a major problem.

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 04:39:07 PM »

Bluto say you have a dog.Let's call him oh I don't know Norm. You love your dog Norm, but he eats his own poop.
Now you can still love Norm whilst admitting that his eating poop habit is wrong!
Translation-How can you even argue the Hardy benching?

Tha Kid

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 04:43:00 PM »

Bluto say you have a dog.Let's call him oh I don't know Norm. You love your dog Norm, but he eats his own poop.
Now you can still love Norm whilst admitting that his eating poop habit is wrong!

It's more like this WASJU.  Bluto has a girlfriend.  Let's call him, oh I don't know Norm.  You love your girlfriend Norm, but he eats his own poop.  Now he can still love Norm whilst admitting his/her poop eating habit is wrong....BUT he's not going to want to admit that to the outside world.  To the outside world, Norm is perfect.  Moreover, if someone else tries to tell him his girlfriend's poop eating habit is wrong, he's gonna get even more pissed even if he knows they are right!

This eventually leads to Bluto despising norm and dumping him, only to watch Norm get skinny, stop eating poop, and start dating his worst enemy.

Luckily for Bluto, only a girlfriend could do that last part.  Pretty sure Norm ain't gonna pick up with Georgetown, hire an offensive guru, and strut his stuff....
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 04:49:22 PM »

It's more like this WASJU.  Bluto has a girlfriend.  Let's call him, oh I don't know Norm.  You love your girlfriend Norm, but he eats his own poop.  Now he can still love Norm whilst admitting his/her poop eating habit is wrong....BUT he's not going to want to admit that to the outside world.  To the outside world, Norm is perfect.  Moreover, if someone else tries to tell him his girlfriend's poop eating habit is wrong, he's gonna get even more pissed even if he knows they are right!

This eventually leads to Bluto despising norm and dumping him, only to watch Norm get skinny, stop eating poop, and start dating his worst enemy.

Luckily for Bluto, only a girlfriend could do that last part.  Pretty sure Norm ain't gonna pick up with Georgetown, hire an offensive guru, and strut his stuff....

We can go with your analogy becuase it works on the insulting Bluto level. ;D

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2009, 04:55:13 PM »

Where did I say anything abou the benching, I said he played great

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2009, 09:31:18 AM »

Where did I say anything abou the benching, I said he played great

You scolded a poster for saying he should have played more. If you bring up Hardy, someone is going to mention that he only played 19 minutes!

pmg911

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2009, 09:40:24 AM »
This loss won't kill the season. U are a idiot and have no clue of basketball if u think that. But if that sh!t doesn't get corrected then u have a major problem.

KOB - you re 100% right, the loss is not a season killer but exposed a glaring weakness on the interior for this team. Also. in your 2+ years watch Norm Roberts have you ever seen him truly correct a glaring problem with this team. The guy never admits he makes a mistake so what makes you think he will correct anything now.?

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2009, 10:16:48 AM »
IMO Hardy is by far our best offence player and you win games by scoring points. He needs to be on the court more.

Tha Kid

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2009, 10:22:51 AM »
This loss won't kill the season. U are a idiot and have no clue of basketball if u think that. But if that sh!t doesn't get corrected then u have a major problem.

KOB - you re 100% right, the loss is not a season killer but exposed a glaring weakness on the interior for this team. Also. in your 2+ years watch Norm Roberts have you ever seen him truly correct a glaring problem with this team. The guy never admits he makes a mistake so what makes you think he will correct anything now.?

Why does Norm have to "admit mistakes" to the public?  As long as he admits them privately and corrects them, I have no problem, and actually prefer, he not tell us all the mistakes he makes.  I don't know many coaches who do feel they make many mistakes or own up to them.
"I drink and I know things"

Poison

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2009, 10:23:16 AM »
Hardy has to be out there more.
He's starting to assert himself,
and what we need right now,
is more of that.

We gotta have more Hardy.

I love DJ, but as a second option,
he'd be even more dangerous.

Hardy needs the ball in crunch time.
He's putting up 19 a game in 19 minutes.
Coach has to straighten that math out.

He always used to say that he wanted Hill to score more,
not less, when Mason and Torres arrived.

Why isn't it the same for Dwight? We need a go to guy.
He seems like the best option.

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2009, 10:27:28 AM »
The unavoidable question is how can DH play only 8 minutes in the second half after scoring 14 points in the first half?

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2009, 10:33:47 AM »
The unavoidable question is how can DH play only 8 minutes in the second half after scoring 14 points in the first half?

Norm Roberts Alex. I would now like to finish off Coaches With No Feel for the Game for $500 please.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2009, 10:34:09 AM »
DJ, in fact, is best served as a second option.  He's a statsheet filler - a guy who will get you those rebounds you didn't think your team would get, who finds himself open and makes the play of the game. 

I bet you Hardy will be out there more. 

But when you all talk about Hardy, you have to consider defense.  I love a scorer too, but I watch Hardy and he's not the defender that Paris is.  he's just not.  If you've been watching, you know that.  He's not terrible, but still.

And I think it would have been a damned mistake for St. John's to think they were going to outscore Cornell without defending.  Did you see their shooting percentages?  The loss was a damned failure on defense, that's what.  It's not the lack of playing time for one guy.  It's the failure in the post (which is troubling) and the failure on the outside, even though the team wasn't really doubling anyone.  Jaques got shots so open he could have stopped to check email on his phone and take a bite of a sandwich.

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2009, 10:41:20 AM »
DJ, in fact, is best served as a second option.  He's a statsheet filler - a guy who will get you those rebounds you didn't think your team would get, who finds himself open and makes the play of the game. 

I bet you Hardy will be out there more. 

But when you all talk about Hardy, you have to consider defense.  I love a scorer too, but I watch Hardy and he's not the defender that Paris is.  he's just not.  If you've been watching, you know that.  He's not terrible, but still.

And I think it would have been a damned mistake for St. John's to think they were going to outscore Cornell without defending.  Did you see their shooting percentages?  The loss was a damned failure on defense, that's what.  It's not the lack of playing time for one guy.  It's the failure in the post (which is troubling) and the failure on the outside, even though the team wasn't really doubling anyone.  Jaques got shots so open he could have stopped to check email on his phone and take a bite of a sandwich.

Good God man! Are you really still eating the $hit Norm shovels? For six years now this team has been putting up HS scores and whenever a player comes along who can actually score the ball he does not play them enough. If Hardy would have played more especially when he was scorching hot we probably would have won the game!
EVER coach in America would have played Hardy more tham the 19 minutes he played last game!