MTV Cribs cause of athletes targeted for violence?

• 5 replies
MTV Cribs cause of athletes targeted for violence?
« on: November 29, 2007, 03:26:16 PM »
I was thinking about the correlation between between these type of shows like MTV cribs and violence associated with athletes and robberies of their homes? I would like you to share your opinions and thoughts on the matter as we might have a debate on the Jungle Radio on this topic on next week's broadcast.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Randomhero423

Re: MTV Cribs cause of athletes targeted for violence?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 04:40:44 PM »
i doubt it as anything to do w/ anything.  although these guys are idiots they are smart.  they know athletes are rich/great houses, so they don't need a show telling them that.  and cribs doesn't show the address or anything like that. 

and plus, i doubt eddy curry's house was on cribs.

redstorm32

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 07:00:31 PM »
i think it would tip the robbers off to the location of some of the valuables in the house

but like randomhero said above everybody knows how much eddy curry is making and with a little research you can find his house

these houses need mroe security

you would think with a 15 million dollars salary you can afford hardcore security

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 07:23:53 PM »
I am not saying these robbers use cribs like a star map in hollywood but rather its promoting the idea of the lavish lifestyles they are living which could provoke jealousy.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 07:43:58 PM »
I think the stick-up kids who went after Curry and Walker were just guys from around Chicago who knew that they had money.  The salaries are common knowledge, as is (often) generally where they live, especially if a person asks around.  Maybe it's just a need for more security?  Maybe the robbers know that the athletes tend to live kinda big?  But I don't think it's because of Cribs.  People used to talk about how Lawrence Taylor used to spend money all over the place.  Athletes have always rolled into the club flashing cash since Broadway Joe Namath and before him.  Maybe it's a rep thing.  The Sean Taylor murder, though, I bet there's something more to it, as Antrell Rolle said and in light of the break-in 8 days earlier.

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 08:06:35 PM »
On Jim Rome(a show typically don't watch but leave on until ATH comes on) he posed the question in his forum is the media coverage on this racially charged? Do any of you agree/disagree with this?