Doron Lamb - SG - Bishop Loughlin - Brooklyn, NY - KENTUCKY

• 141 replies
Re: Doron Lamb - SG - Bishop Loughlin - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #120 on: April 08, 2010, 12:56:37 PM »
Not to be a downer but a lot of NY Recruits have given St. John's consideration we just have not landed them.

Getting Doron Lamb & Josh Selby would be a huge turning point for us.

« Reply #121 on: April 08, 2010, 01:21:52 PM »
I hate to be a debbie downer but no where does it say Lamb is considering us. I find it 99.9% doubtful he comes here. However I'd love love love to have him here.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Wods317

« Reply #122 on: April 08, 2010, 02:16:35 PM »
I hate to be a debbie downer but no where does it say Lamb is considering us.

I just read on redmen that Roger Rubin said they are going to talk today. He wouldnt waste his time talking to us if he had no interest.

http://www.redmen.com/login/showthread.php?t=41713

« Reply #123 on: April 08, 2010, 02:26:30 PM »
He's either meeting with Doron OR one of his advisors. I say this a million times don't believe what you read in papers all the time.

Wods317

« Reply #124 on: April 08, 2010, 02:33:56 PM »
Not saying hes coming here or even seriously considering it but you said no where does it say that he is considering us so I thought you didn't see this article so I was just providing the link.

« Reply #125 on: April 08, 2010, 02:41:53 PM »
Not saying hes coming here or even seriously considering it but you said no where does it say that he is considering us so I thought you didn't see this article so I was just providing the link.

Am I missing something where does it say he is considering us there? He might not even meet with Lavin.

Wods317

« Reply #126 on: April 08, 2010, 03:07:44 PM »
Why would they talk if he isnt considering us he gains nothing from it then, thats all im saying. I was just posting what I read thats all. You are the one with the info Im just a fan and a student. If you say you havent heard that hes considering us then thats the truth. Dont want to have an arguement here, love your info and the site.

« Reply #127 on: April 08, 2010, 03:35:42 PM »
Why would they talk if he isnt considering us he gains nothing from it then, thats all im saying. I was just posting what I read thats all. You are the one with the info Im just a fan and a student. If you say you havent heard that hes considering us then thats the truth. Dont want to have an arguement here, love your info and the site.

No argument but I'm just saying from the report given by Rubin there is no indication he's interested in us or even talking to Lavin directly. The article simply doesn't say any of that but tries to paint the portrait in that light.

SJU79

« Reply #128 on: April 08, 2010, 06:03:32 PM »
Like I said previously, Lamb aint coming,,for sure.

« Reply #129 on: April 10, 2010, 10:05:28 AM »
http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2010/apr/10/ohio-states-turner-takes-wooden-honor-over-collins/?sports

Lamb update

Kentucky and Kansas appear to be co-leaders for Doron Lamb, a 6-foot-4 senior guard from Oak Hill Academy in Mouth of Wilson, Va., Oak Hill coach Steve Smith told kentucky.rivals.com.

“He’s kind of torn between the two of them,” Smith told the Web site. “West Virginia is getting there and working hard, but they started a little later (January).

“UConn is trying, Arizona has faded, and Oklahoma is out. I think he kind of favors Kentucky and Kansas right now. In what order? It kind of depends on what day he wakes up and what side of the bed he gets out of. Both look appealing to him, top-five programs in the country,” Smith told the Web site.

Coaches from KU, UK and West Virginia all visited Lamb on Thursday. New St. John’s coach Steve Lavin was due in on Friday.

“If he goes to West Virginia or UConn, his parents could go to a lot more games. But he seems to really like Kentucky and Kansas,” Smith said.

Lamb, who is Rivals.com’s No. 21-ranked player, has said he will announce his choice on TV on April 17 at the Jordan Brand Classic in New York.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2010, 03:59:37 PM »
I wonder if we offer this kid a chance to be PG if it will help our chances.  I'm not sure other teams will be offering as a PG.  Still sounds like a real long shot though.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/04/13/st-johns-reaches-out-to-doron-lamb/#more-31728

ZAGSBLOG first reported during the Final Four that St. John’s coach Steve Lavin would reach out to Oak Hill Academy guard Doron Lamb and now it has come to pass.

Calvin Lamb, Doron’s father, said Lavin called him shortly before 3 p.m. Tuesday to express interest in Lamb, the 6-foot-4 shooting guard ranked among the top five nationally in the Class of 2010.

“I just got off the phone with Coach Lavin like five minutes ago,” Calvin said.

“He just talked about the style of play that Doron could come in and start and be a floor general and be a good fit with the nine seniors that they have. He could be the one player that could get them over the hump to the NCAA tournament.”

Calvin said no meeting with Lavin had been set and that he had to huddle with Doron before making any future plans.
“I gotta talk to my son,” he said.

Lamb, a Queens, N.Y. native, originally said he would announce his college choice Saturday at the Jordan Brand Classic in New York and would choose from among Kentucky, Kansas, Arizona, UConn and West Virginia.

« Reply #131 on: April 15, 2010, 12:41:39 PM »
We're officially out of the Lamb sweepstakes per Zags.

"Doron Lamb also said he`s decided already and will announce Saturday night at MSG "
3 minutes ago via mobile web

Doron Lamb says St Johns came in `too late` and is not in his final 5 #stjbb
5 minutes ago via mobile web

kjd01067

« Reply #132 on: April 15, 2010, 01:04:25 PM »
We're officially out of the Lamb sweepstakes per Zags.

"Doron Lamb also said he`s decided already and will announce Saturday night at MSG "
3 minutes ago via mobile web

Doron Lamb says St Johns came in `too late` and is not in his final 5 #stjbb
5 minutes ago via mobile web

This sucks but realistically I figured Lavin wouldn't be able to land a 5 star kid with little interest with only being on the job a week.  I guess we move on and I think Polee out of LA is an interesting prospect.

Poison

« Reply #133 on: April 15, 2010, 01:42:55 PM »
"Yea, I mean, St.John's, where are they even located? I've never even heard of them."

« Reply #134 on: April 15, 2010, 02:42:09 PM »
"Yea, I mean, St.John's, where are they even located? I've never even heard of them."

Tongue-in-cheek, eh?

« Reply #135 on: April 15, 2010, 02:47:23 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/04/15/doron-lamb-say-hes-decided/

As exclusively reported here earlier this week, St. John’s coach Steve Lavin reached out to Doron’s father, Calvin Lamb, about Doron potentially taking the Johnnies’ last scholarship for 2010.

But Doron said St. John’s came in “too late” to be considered.

“I don’t even know, man. I think it’s too late,” he said. “They tried to reach out to me at Oak Hill. They talked to my parents.”

A Queens, N.Y. native, Lamb won MVP honors last August at the Boost Mobile Elite 24 game at the Gauchos Gym and hopes to have a similar performance on Saturday.

“Every time I play in New York City in an All-Star Game I always have a good game so I hope I have a good game this Saturday coming up,” he said. “I just want to play in front of my family and friends for the last time in a high school game.”

« Reply #136 on: April 15, 2010, 09:34:19 PM »
Doron Lamb has made his decision, but St. John’s isn’t a part of it.

Despite the best efforts of new St. John’s coach Steve Lavin’s, the Queens native will not be playing locally, he told reporters today at a media session in advance of Saturday’s Jordan Brand All-American game.

Lamb said he has decided on a school, but won’t make that decision known until Saturday’s game, which will be televised live on ESPN2.

The Red Storm, which reached out to his father, Calvin Lamb, about taking their final scholarship for 2010, failed to make his final five, which is Arizona, Connecticut, Kentucky, Kansas and West Virginia.

“They came in a little too late,” Calvin Lamb said. “He pretty much had his mind made up, or was at least close to it.”

Lamb said his decision will be based on the quality of program, his relationship with the coach, and which school offers him the best opportunity to play immediately. A 6-foot-4 senior ranked third in the country among shooting guards by Scout.com, Lamb spent the past two seasons at Oak Hill Academy (Va.) after two years at Bishop Loughlin.

The McDonald’s All-American scored 49 points in an 84-81 loss to St. Peter’s Prep in the Primetime Shootout, three points shy of the tournament’s all-time scoring mark set by LeBron James in 2003.

Lamb led Oak Hill to a 29-4 record, seventh in USA Today's national rankings.

“He’s an assassin,” recruiting analyst Tom Konchalski said of the Laurelton, Queens product. “A master of quiet domination. … He’s obviously gonna be a terrific player no matter where he goes.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/college/basketball/queens_lamb_rules_out_st_john_IlU8SrVnQ6mxAvzJtzfXeN#ixzz0lDs40t7S

« Reply #137 on: April 15, 2010, 10:28:02 PM »
It was a long long shot but nice effort by the staff.

« Reply #138 on: April 16, 2010, 01:06:46 PM »

Tha Kid

« Reply #139 on: April 16, 2010, 02:30:23 PM »
Baldi...I think you need to cool the paying off stuff.  Its absurd.  Some guys get paid, some don't, but when you make accusations yours are totally baseless.  What's your motive?

Not every kid who turns down st. john's is because he's being paid, believe it or not.  and lots more kids get paid, prob some who have come to st johns (other than keita).  dont see your point.
"I drink and I know things"