FREE LARRY WRIGHT

• 0 replies

Tha Kid

FREE LARRY WRIGHT
« on: January 23, 2008, 11:43:16 PM »
I have so much to say about this that I've posted 2 entirely different posts on redmen and beb about it but i'm so frustrated and tired now I'm jsut copying and pasting, sorry.

11 minutes. Eleven. With our offense almost completely futile except for Mase, how in the world does this guy only play 11 minutes? UNREAL.

Watch Larry Wright on the bench when you get a chance. He is the first guy (and sometimes only since TJ's knee bothers him) standing up and slapping his teammates five when they come out of the game. When pulled from the game, even if he's only played a few minutes, he never mopes, he never makes faces, always totally respects the coach's decision. When he's in he's playing hard, he's not just hogging it because he's getting so little time, he's working it around --- when he was in with the scrubs he easily coulda just went for some shots but was trying to work it around. He is the consummate teammate, he is the consummate pupil for a coach, and it seems like he is a great kid --- so WHY DOES NORM ABUSE HIM AND TREAT HIM LIKE A WHIPPING BOY?

This is so disheartening to me. It just makes no sense. We scored 50 points, 60% from mase....why not play our best shooter more?

Larry should be getting 28 mins and DJ 12, not vice versa. Right now DJ is a very poor man's Anthony Mason Jr --- and we already have the real Mason Jr. in the game, so why not mix it up and play Larry with him....DJ's handle isnt good enough yet, he's not confident on offense yet, and his shot isnt good enough yet --- he should be a role player right now. I think DJ could turn into a very good player for st johns, but right now, this year, Larry should be getting most of his minutes.

But he won't. Larry will contineu to receive 10-18 minutes for the rest of the season ---- and I hate to suggest anything about kids transferring, especially one who i desperately hope does NOT transfer, but let's just say wherever larry is next year (I HOPE ST JOHNS!), he deserves to be treated far better than he is right now.
"I drink and I know things"