Jayvaughn Pinkston - PF - Bishop Loughlin - Brooklyn, NY - VILLANOVA

• 284 replies
Re: Jayvaughn Pinkston - PF - Bishop Loughlin - Brooklyn, NY - VILLANOVA
« Reply #280 on: May 18, 2010, 02:05:23 PM »
Thanks for that update.  I have another question it raises.  Pinkston signed an LOI.  Does that mean if he decides to prep or JC he can't go to a BE team since he already signed an LOI or does the year (or two) removed make that rule moot?

that would be correct. Derwin Kitchen's situation had something like this factor into his decision to go to Florida St.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #281 on: May 18, 2010, 05:00:50 PM »
Thanks for that update.  I have another question it raises.  Pinkston signed an LOI.  Does that mean if he decides to prep or JC he can't go to a BE team since he already signed an LOI or does the year (or two) removed make that rule moot?

I think if he doesn't qualify the LOI becomes null and void and it would allow Pinkston to "sign" with another BE team.  I remember reading it in an article about Ron Roberts and Biruta(the Rutgers recruit).

Found it.

http://web.sny.tv/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100414&content_id=9296156&oid=30069.2&vkey=52

Two governing bodies at work here, the Collegiate Commissioners Association, which is part of the NCAA, and the Big East, govern the rules concerning recruits.

According to the Collegiate Commissioners Association, which overseas the national letter of intent program, when a prospective student-athlete signs with one institution and is granted a complete release, the policy prohibits him from signing another letter in the same signing year.

The Big East also has a rule prohibiting a prospective student-athlete from signing with two different league schools.

"The only exceptions are if the NLI would be considered null and void [by the Collegiate Commissioners Association]," a Big East spokesman said.

So if Biruta were to somehow get his letter declared "null and void," he could theoretically sign with another Big East school, assuming he is granted a release by Rutgers.

Another option would have been for either Roberts or Biruta to apply - and then get rejected - from their original school. If that were to happen, they could sign with another Big East program, the league spokesman said.

"If the prospective student-athlete is not admitted, the NLI is no longer in effect," said NCAA spokesman Chuck Wynne. "The student-athlete is then free to sign another NLI. Conferences may have their own policies, but the NCAA student."
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 05:02:21 PM by jumpinjohnny »
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

boo3

« Reply #283 on: June 04, 2010, 09:22:33 AM »
  Let the countdown begin until Baldi starts his "something fishy is going on here"  thread.  T - 1 hour.........

« Reply #284 on: June 04, 2010, 09:54:02 AM »
  Let the countdown begin until Baldi starts his "something fishy is going on here"  thread.  T - 1 hour.........

I dont have to say it. Ridiculous