LAVIN A DONE DEAL!!!!!

• 70 replies

SJU79

LAVIN A DONE DEAL!!!!!
« on: March 29, 2010, 10:48:50 PM »
Promise. Not a frequent poster but those who know me know ive been accurate. Dont know when the announcement is but this has been worked out and the AAU world is VERY anxious to see his staff and start dealing with SJU again. Again this is a DONE DEAL!

Re: LAVIN A DONE DEAL!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 10:51:25 PM »
hmmm, I'm a bit skeptical of all these different unpublished rumors (I'm also skeptical of the published ones).  I hope you are right though, but I'm not gonna celebrate until it's official.

SJU79

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 10:52:47 PM »
totally understand and im sure others will question but this deal is done

mkras99

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 10:55:03 PM »
This is consistent with what's out there right now.  Other good news to come, as alluded to by Dave.

sjd8886

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 10:58:57 PM »
theres an article i found written by a ucla blogger saying if this deal goes through monasch is the stupidest AD in college basketball...im not posting it, bc its just http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMpsttlXye8&feature=relateded whiny babel...i cant believe the ego of ucla fans...people say we live in the past, well where do they live...they think they should have john wooden success every year and if a coach cant do it, hes garbage...these are the same people calling for howlands head after 3 final fours, wow...grow up ucla fans, theres parity in college ball now, be happy with your sweet sixteens and final fours

Poison

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 11:08:24 PM »
It would be great for Dave if the news was posted here. This is by far and way the best SJU site.

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 11:10:36 PM »
I just want to get this search over already. I hope he has a great staff because I am not complete sold on him.

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 11:11:54 PM »
i dont get some of you people..that youre not sold on him...who do you want?

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 11:12:19 PM »
sju79 has been dead on with all his posts in the past.. starting to get fired up!

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 11:12:55 PM »
This is consistent with what's out there right now.  Other good news to come, as alluded to by Dave.

So what else is out there?

I'm not surprised this was done tonight.  If both sides were really as interested as it seemed on here...then this is the only logical conclusion (especially since SJU seemed so quick to jump on whoever came on their radar).

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 11:15:06 PM »

who in this thread said they weren't sold on him?

sjd8886

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 11:17:39 PM »

yea i was just posting what ucla bloggers were writing, which i completely disagree with...lavins been my #1 for a week now...cant wait for this to be official

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 11:17:51 PM »
I just want to get this search over already. I hope he has a great staff because I am not complete sold on him.

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2010, 11:18:31 PM »
Lenn Robbins with an interesting tweet

Lenn Robbins   

Wine and Done? St. John's AD Chris Monasch wining and a dining former UCLA coach Steve Lavin at Tribecca bistro. Check please, and contract

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2010, 11:20:45 PM »
Promise. Not a frequent poster but those who know me know ive been accurate. Dont know when the announcement is but this has been worked out and the AAU world is VERY anxious to see his staff and start dealing with SJU again. Again this is a DONE DEAL!

I've been wondering where you've been.

Its going to take a bit for the finer details (paperwork/contract details) of things to be worked out but yea this is going to happen like I mentioned this morning here.

Some of those snags/concerns that mention in the article are not going to be a problem. St. John's is doing big things. I want to wait to comment further until everything is hammered officially then I can say more.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2010, 11:22:10 PM »

ah my bad, I didn't read his whole post haha  ;D

sjd8886

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2010, 11:22:30 PM »
what do you think his salary would be...if you had to ballpark it

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2010, 11:23:45 PM »

The fact that he has been out of the coaching ranks for more then 5 years concerns me....His lack of ties to this area also a concern depending on the staff he brings in. I did not say it was not a good hire....i am allowed to have concerns....that's the nature of this website people expressing opinions. As for me...I wanted Tubby Smith but them's the breaks. By the way who ever STJ brings in I am behind them 100% regardless of any concerns because I want the School and the kids to be successful....end of story

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2010, 11:26:23 PM »

ah my bad, I didn't read his whole post haha  ;D

No problem....Hopefully STJ fans have something to really look forward too.

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2010, 11:26:41 PM »
Lenn Robbins with an interesting tweet

Lenn Robbins   

Wine and Done? St. John's AD Chris Monasch wining and a dining former UCLA coach Steve Lavin at Tribecca bistro. Check please, and contract

LOL this is funny to me for more reason than one. I'm glad Lenn finally figured out what restaurant they ate at. I know its been eating away at him.  ;D
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle