Johnny Jungle vs BEB Hoops Challenge

• 49 replies

kjd01067

Re: Johnny Jungle vs BEB Hoops Challenge
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2007, 10:19:26 PM »
I would def be down if it was at a date where I could get down to the city.  I wouldnt mind committing some hard fouls on some of BEB's finest !!!

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2007, 10:31:45 PM »
ok so the word is out to BEB and they are down to play lets get some rosters assembled.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 10:35:12 PM by JJ »
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Tha Kid

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2007, 01:06:53 AM »
I play 4 but can play 3 if needed or maybe 5.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2007, 09:58:29 AM »
i'll play for you guys... i can play the 2

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2007, 10:10:20 AM »
jerpac you go to st. john's currently?

HTGS_says_shutup

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2007, 10:31:31 PM »
we will have to set something up.  perhaps we can all exchange personal emails so all the participants can know whats going on with this event (if it goes well we can make it an annual thing and i love the charity idea).

another option is to have a spokesperson for each team and they can exchange messages and fill their respective teams in on what the deal is.

if we were to have a spokesman, i think Danman would be the guy for BEB.  lets try to set up a date asap.  i am guessing after new years because it will be tough for you guys with finals and then the holiday are here.

Tha Kid

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2007, 11:23:48 PM »
I might have to play with BEB.  THey are struggling to get a solid team, and my posting is done primarily there.

Next week at some point I will have a BEB t-shirt, a Redmen.com t-shirt, and a Johnny Jungle t-shirt...being worn on 3 supermodels, and whichever one I kiss is the team I will be playing for.

Novel idea, right?  Too bad a highly touted high school recruit didnt think of this idea first, it woulda been great!

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2007, 12:17:24 AM »
tha kid, you know i love but play for BEB, I want 100% loyals and plus I know we will definitely have an overwhelming amount of kids that will want in this game.

htgs, glad you're aboard on this and I think it would be great to make this an annual thing. You'll love the plug this event got on jungle radio its on towards the latter part of the show.

Dan

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2007, 12:34:00 AM »
I will gladly accept the role of BEB spokesman.  Sadly right now I cannot login to the BEB due to technical difficulties on the board, but that's temporary I'm sure.  JJ, I'm sure you will be the JJ spokesperson.  Just get your team rosters assembled, and have them provide an email address that they will check so that the information regarding the game will be easily found.  And, please try and get input from your players on when the game should be played.  Location is up to the rest of you, you know where the best place to do it is.

And to respond to the BEB thread...I am 6'/6' 1". 

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2007, 12:44:56 AM »
Yea I will get the word out... the forum is still a fairly new concept to most people who are in the jungle. A lot of discussion is done in person as opposed to here so the game next saturday will be a good day to recruit. If you listen to Jungle Radio you'll hear that we are promoting this event.

Dan

« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2007, 01:22:19 AM »
That's fine...I'm thinking a Sunday by the way.

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2007, 01:38:10 AM »
you should try and convince some of the admins at SJU to let you use the carnesecca arena court for the game
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Dan

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2007, 01:41:34 AM »
you should try and convince some of the admins at SJU to let you use the carnesecca arena court for the game

That would be cool...

I'm doubting that though.  Anyone around on either site who could pull that off?

HTGS_says_shutup

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2007, 01:46:30 AM »

That would be cool...

I'm doubting that though.  Anyone around on either site who could pull that off?

i think they just have to hear my name and that bet would be off.

it would be nice to get an indoor court though. i would prefer not to play in the cold.

Dan in reply to the BEB thread i am 6'2/6'3.

HTGS_says_shutup

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2007, 09:19:33 AM »

i think due to insurance reasons they wont let us use the court.  if we were ti use it we may have to sign a waiver of some sort.

HTGS_says_shutup

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2007, 09:47:58 AM »
this was posted by "marillac on Big East Boards-

Hit, I can setup a very nice gym for this game in Manhattan. Tell Tarzan over at the jungle, that the only eligible players will be posters that posted before the challenge was issued. I'd rather play the game off campus, becuase that will force the diehards to play instead of some hungover 6'6 student that just rolls out of bed and throws down a dozen dunks on us.

I want this game to be between actual posters. It is really pointless to have it be between students that they know and good basketball players that we can get. I mean, we both could get guys to play for BEB that would make this a 100 pt blowout and I don't want that

let us know if it works for you guys.

Tha Kid

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2007, 11:06:57 AM »
tha kid, I want 100% loyals and plus I know we will definitely have an overwhelming amount of kids that will want in this game....plus you suck and I'm gonna dominate your ass

As I have been busy, my agent just emailed the above quote from you, JJ.  You can bet it will be up on my locker before the game. I'm 100% loyal to the JUNGLE but message boards I don't see as any rivalry.  Thanks for starting one.  BRING IT!!!!   ;D ;D

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2007, 11:51:14 AM »
I agree with all of the above stated. St. John's will definitely not allow this because of insurance issues, also outdoor courts = concrete and God forbid, the Manhattan court sounds great and I agree posters only. This would have to be after the winter break so sometime mid January or early February would be fine.

HTGS_says_shutup

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2007, 01:27:29 PM »
I agree with all of the above stated. St. John's will definitely not allow this because of insurance issues, also outdoor courts = concrete and God forbid, the Manhattan court sounds great and I agree posters only. This would have to be after the winter break so sometime mid January or early February would be fine.

maybe we can do it a saturday that sju doesnt have a game so we wont miss it.  we also will have to see when marillac can fit us in.  it is very nice he is doing this for us.

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2007, 01:56:10 PM »
yea very nice indeed. I don't think we should limit roster sizes either the more the better as we are doing this for charity. If we have to do A/B teams and break it down like a rec league where A team plays 2 quarters and B team plays 2 quarters so be it.