Remi Barry - SF - Loomis, CA (France) - Del Oro High School - NEW MEXICO STATE

• 198 replies
http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/04/22/polee-to-announce-saturday/#more-32317

While in California this week meeting with Polee, Lavin also huddled with Remi Barry, a 6-7 French-born junior forward from Del Oro High in Loomis, Calif.

Barry is a skilled swingman with impressive athleticism and versatility at both ends, according to one Division 1 head coach.

Nice list of suitors
Scout
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 10:38:29 PM by peter »
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Re: Remi Barry - SF - Loomis, CA (France) - Del Oro High School
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 01:03:11 AM »
Remi Barry - Spring 2010 Basketball Highlights

As a bulls fan....kids like Joakim Noah

kjd01067

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 08:05:16 AM »
He looks good in that video, but he is playing against a bunch of kids that are 6'2.

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 08:50:06 AM »
He looks good in that video, but he is playing against a bunch of kids that are 6'2.

Yeah, some of those guys on the opposite team does look somewhat shorter than Barry.  But, what I like about Barry (from this video) is his skill set.

He seems to be able to shoot a pull-up jumper; has a pretty decent handle; able to pass the ball (see how he finds the open 3-point shooter after driving to the basket) and athletic.

I hope Lavin can sway Barry to take a trip to NYC.  I think, if we're able to get Barry on a visit then we can get a commitment. 

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 11:03:57 AM »
He's 2010, not 2011. Zags said he messed up.

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 10:10:51 AM »
daily news article made it seem like there is a real possibility of this kid coming. looking at the recruiting sites i cant find anything on this kid or who he is interested in.

gonzalo

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 10:30:34 AM »
daily news article made it seem like there is a real possibility of this kid coming. looking at the recruiting sites i cant find anything on this kid or who he is interested in.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-Remi-Barry-112217?colleges=show#college_choices

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 11:12:51 AM »
From his highlight tape, it seems he is a decent shooter.  That's something this team could very much use next year and beyond, especially considering that NY is never known for creating deadeye jump shooters.

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 11:29:47 AM »

What Daily news article ? Link please ?
Molloy '71

kjd01067

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 11:34:46 AM »

What Daily news article ? Link please ?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/2010/04/27/2010-04-27_new_york_mets_still_have_to_pay_bobby_bonilla_red_storms_steve_lavin_making_inro.html

Poison

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 11:46:20 AM »
From his highlight tape, it seems he is a decent shooter.  That's something this team could very much use next year and beyond, especially considering that NY is never known for creating deadeye jump shooters.

We have lots of decent shooters. I think we should consider looking at a good shooter.

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 01:34:55 PM »
He's 6'7 which would be a plus with that stroke.  He had a real fluid looking game in that video (granted those opponents looked real weak) and is also being recruited by some bigtime programs.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 01:40:48 PM »

We have lots of decent shooters. I think we should consider looking at a good shooter.
:D

I'd say the current roster has sporadic shooters, but they had some really good performances.  Would love to see a good, tall shooter on the team.

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2010, 10:49:15 AM »
I wonder if all of that description in the Daily News -

Barry is a solid outside shooter with ball skills and a huge vertical leap. He is capable of playing small forward, shooting guard and possibly even point guard.

of Barry is true.  He hasn't been on the AAU scene that much, and I don't think he was a talked-about name last year when he did play.  Schools are after him, and that's a good sign; and the hops and footwork he showed in his small highlight video looks good...

Poison

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 10:52:49 AM »
We probably could benefit from Polee and Barry.
Is this a whoever chooses us first gets to come?

sjd8886

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2010, 12:40:33 PM »
polee's athletic ability is scary, but barry doesnt seem to be a slouch either, and i havent seen a full game tape from the kid, but in all his highlights hes shown everything...rebounding, passing, shooting, the ability to finish in traffic...there are people saying hes only gonna be a two or three year player at this level...at this point maybe barry is the best fit...putting in a true SF into this lineup, having dj move out to the 2 guard...i like that look a lot...i wish we had two to give so we could have both these kids

Poison

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2010, 01:11:17 PM »
In the video that I saw Barry was playing very well, but he was playing against 5'10 prep school kids.
What can we really take away from that?

Polee has been battle tested. I'd go with him if it came down to one or the other.

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2010, 01:20:41 PM »
Can make nothing of him from this video. Competition looked extremely weak.

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2010, 01:46:03 PM »
Can make nothing of him from this video. Competition looked extremely weak.

Marillac will watch 45 secs of this clip and break it down for us. Before we know it, this kid will be the next Carmello Anthony