LIVE St. John's @ Miami

• 79 replies
Re: LIVE St. John's @ Miami
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2007, 05:43:40 PM »
this is pretty disgraceful
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2007, 05:44:24 PM »
no one is doing anything on offense!

Geno is forcing shots at the end of the shot clock as result of bad half court offense
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2007, 05:45:08 PM »
miami's bigs won't miss

« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2007, 05:45:38 PM »
Ugliest we have looked all year in the last 5 mins.  Terrible play by Geno tonight!  

if it wasn't for geno this would be a 20 pt deficit

well thats one thing we disagree on JJ!  Geno has done nothing out there tonight other than take terrible shots and make the offense stagnat.  I love geno but he is playing so bad right now!

i dont think the stagnant offense is geno's fault. hes just running the shlock that this staff is known for throwing out there against the zone.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2007, 05:46:38 PM »
wow anthony king is outscoring us in the 2nd half. pretty ugly!
We Not Me

kjd01067

« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2007, 05:46:52 PM »
Are u kidding me down 14 and an alley oop off the inbounce!

sjd8886

« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2007, 05:47:44 PM »
this is pretty disgraceful

this is the kinda play that i was hoping we had overcome this year...i hadnt really seen it till now but this is the st johns team i'm used to seeing every year...they play absolutely horrid versus their first real opponent...its till quite possible to win this game, even with 6 min left but its gonna take a complete turnaround in play...someone should go back to the hotel and get larry wright too, idk who this kid is wearing #5 right now, probably a celebrity lookalike

« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2007, 05:48:52 PM »
haha yeah this is definitely not the same larry wright im used to seeing
We Not Me

« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2007, 05:49:46 PM »
good play on the break there
We Not Me

« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2007, 05:56:04 PM »
we saw so much success driving the ball and we went away from it

« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2007, 05:57:35 PM »
not much of a zone offense being run as usual.  norm is getting the guys to play hard but still very little coaching competence offensively. and dele is horrible.

« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2007, 05:57:59 PM »
glad we can rely on our captain jasilonius to get fouled out with 4 pts
We Not Me

« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2007, 05:58:29 PM »
sju definetely got out coached in the 2nd half.

« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2007, 05:58:41 PM »
can we beat the spread at least?

kjd01067

« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2007, 06:00:38 PM »
Really thought this team was different than teams in years past but im not sure after this 2nd half.  This is a big step backwards!  This was a very winnable game and we just played down right awful in the 2nd half.  Tough to watch right now i have almost turned off the tv a couple of times.  

« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2007, 06:00:55 PM »
sju definetely got out coached in the 2nd half.

they got out hustled and we saw more fundamentals from miami. They haven't missed a damn free throw all 2nd half and they've gone to the line quite a bit. Their bigs had to shoot 75% in the 2nd half while our guards probably shot 15%

« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2007, 06:03:19 PM »
Really thought this team was different than teams in years past but im not sure after this 2nd half.  This is a big step backwards!  This was a very winnable game and we just played down right awful in the 2nd half.  Tough to watch right now i have almost turned off the tv a couple of times.  

I wouldn't say this is a step backwards but not a step forward. Lets not over react here we were expected to lose by 10+. We saw some good things but when you shoot 30% and under 20% from 3 you aren't going to win especially when 20% of your shots are 3's. Lets not even get into free throw shooting. Shaq shoots better from the line than our team.

« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2007, 06:04:00 PM »
I want to see what team we see last 2 min. Do they give up or do they play hard?

« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2007, 06:06:33 PM »
pretty disgusting overall no way we can with 20% shooting
We Not Me

kjd01067

« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2007, 06:08:09 PM »

I wouldn't say this is a step backwards but not a step forward. Lets not over react here we were expected to lose by 10+. We saw some good things but when you shoot 30% and under 20% from 3 you aren't going to win especially when 20% of your shots are 3's. Lets not even get into free throw shooting. Shaq shoots better from the line than our team.

I understand we dont have mase and that is what is hurting us right now.  BUT burrell disapeered in the 2nd half (good d on him but he quit trying), Geno has looked as bad as he has all year, TJ is hurt but did nothing after the first couple mins, and the other freshman looked lost other than DJ.  As far as poor shooting some nights are going to be like that but we came into this game 1st in the BE in FT%!