Jabari Brown - SG - Oakland HS - Oakland, CA - OREGON

• 69 replies

LJSA

Re: Jabari Brown - SG - Oakland HS - Oakland, CA
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2010, 12:50:03 AM »
I don't get why kids don't just hear out everyone they've invited for the home visit. Decide afterward if you want to take the official. Oh well, I won't waste my time checking out his games this season then. On to Harrison...

« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2010, 08:30:50 PM »
Per Eric Bossi (Rivals)....  Oakland senior wing Jabari Brown is done with visits and will announce his decision Thursday on ESPNU. Not sure of time.

[tweet]http://twitter.com/ebosshoops/statuses/26597578553[/tweet]

It's going to be between Arizona State and Oregon.  I have a hunch ASU wins out due to having nabbed Jahii Carson.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 08:32:01 PM by mjdinkins »

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2010, 08:59:53 PM »
Per Eric Bossi (Rivals)....  Oakland senior wing Jabari Brown is done with visits and will announce his decision Thursday on ESPNU. Not sure of time.

It's going to be between Arizona State and Oregon.  I have a hunch ASU wins out due to having nabbed Jahii Carson.
Why would he go to Oregon?  And why not Washington?

« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2010, 09:55:45 PM »

Why would he go to Oregon?  And why not Washington?

I don't really believe he'll go to Oregon, but I mentioned the Ducks since it was his most recent visit.  It could be Washington, but I think he would've committed to UW a few weeks ago had he wanted to go there.  Just my opinion.

Heck!  There also could be an outside chance Brown goes to UCONN.  I just believe it'll be Arizona State once it's all said and done.

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2010, 05:27:18 PM »
Oregon....  I'm gonna say that I'm a bit shocked he's headed to Oregon. IMO, this makes Oregon more formidable for kids like Garrett and Pelle.

Hopefully, that isn't the case but one has to wonder.

Hmmmmmmm.... Oregon?

LJSA

Re: Jabari Brown - SG - Oakland HS - Oakland, CA - OREGON
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2010, 02:07:06 AM »
Oregon....  I'm gonna say that I'm a bit shocked he's headed to Oregon. IMO, this makes Oregon more formidable for kids like Garrett and Pelle.

Hopefully, that isn't the case but one has to wonder.

Hmmmmmmm.... Oregon?

I know where he lives and it's in a relatively nice part of Oakland ... but it's still Oakland. I've never been to the Oregon campus, but I imagine it's leafier than his neighborhood. Maybe Oregon matched in his head what he always envisioned a campus to look like. And I'm sure Oregon's new state-of-the-art facility blew him away.

I've only been to UW, so I don't know how Oregon and ASU stack up.

Oregon is also the flagship Nike school, right? If I were on staff I'd very subtly let him know that if he performs well there, the endorsement decision makers would know his name when the time came to enter the draft. But I guess that would be a violation.

Leaving us out of the equation, I would have gone to Cal if I were him. It's a world-class school, the campus is pretty, Berkeley is lively, the girls are hot, his family can see him play every home game, and the coach is brilliant. And getting home for Thanksgiving is a snap.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2010, 07:55:43 AM »
People say the same thing about coming to St. John's that they do about going to Oregon!  The Ducks have great facilities, supposedly a nice campus, attractive females, and they spend money on their program.  And those  ridiculous unis (so many of them!).  Maybe he wanted to leave home instead of staying at Cal.

Moose

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2010, 08:37:11 AM »
Nike- nuff said.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Moose

« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2010, 08:58:39 AM »
Nike- nuff said.

Too add

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/10/07/jabari-brown-to-oregon/

“I think there’s a great opportunity,” he said. “Phil Knight does a great job of building new facilities, like the Matthew Knight Arena and the practice facility for the players to come in and play. And I’m blessed to have the opportunity to come and be a part of this.”

Asked if Knight and his Nike money were a factor, he said: “It was definitely a factor. I love Nike. I’ve always worn Nike, but ultimately it was the coaching staff because I would never just choose a school because of a shoe. I have to feel comfortable there and that’s how Coach Altman made me feel.”

Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2010, 09:13:20 AM »
Maybe he wants to be the next Luke Ridaur?

boo3

« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2010, 09:30:59 AM »
Maybe he wants to be the next Luke Ridaur?

Making millions in the NBA,  yeah sure.  Sign me up too.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2010, 09:46:41 AM »
Ridnour was really good at Oregon (and keeps pulling down NBA checks).  Actually, the Lukes and Fred Jones were one of my favorite teams to watch (along with UCLA) at the time.

sju89tr

« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2011, 07:46:22 PM »
Left Oregon, Lavin loved this kid, wonder if we are going to be in the mix for a transfer

« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2011, 08:19:39 PM »
Left Oregon, Lavin loved this kid, wonder if we are going to be in the mix for a transfer

He's left already?  I'd be careful about this seeing that he's already left the team in this early season.  I really liked his game when I saw him at the Peach Jam.  He has a big body and can shoot it from deep.

I hope he didn't leave due not getting a bunch of shots.  I wouldn't doubt Lavin put out some feelers towards Brown. 

« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2011, 09:48:25 PM »
Yeah he is gone apparently.  Will certainly have some suitors.  But I would be cautious.  Apparently this kid has some red flags when it comes to his behavior.

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2011/11/oregon_guard_jabari_brown_leav.html

crgreen

« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2011, 10:27:38 PM »
Yeah he is gone apparently.  Will certainly have some suitors.  But I would be cautious.  Apparently this kid has some red flags when it comes to his behavior.

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2011/11/oregon_guard_jabari_brown_leav.html

Don't get it.   He's basically throwing a way a year's eligibilty.  Once the season starts, play out at least the first semester before xferring.  He has to sit a full year.    His frosh year now is a total of  2 games  - 26 minutes in the first game, 25 in the second.   What a wasted opportunity.

NYCoffey

« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2011, 02:30:07 PM »
If he does transfer would he be eligible for 2012-2013 or would he have to sit a year after this season?

kjd01067

« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2011, 03:24:39 PM »
If he does transfer would he be eligible for 2012-2013 or would he have to sit a year after this season?

I think if he transferred for 2nd semester he would be eligible for 2nd semester next year.

« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2011, 04:31:48 PM »

I think if he transferred for 2nd semester he would be eligible for 2nd semester next year.

Correct.  So he would be in essence giving up the first 8-10 games or so thru the middle of December.  He won't be able to get those games back.

« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2011, 08:26:16 AM »
BTW-According to Neal Nieves looks like he is headed to San Diego St.  Steve Fisher is turning SDSU into the UNLV of the 80's and early 90's.

http://coast2coastrecruiting.net/2011/11/jabari-brown-headed-to-san-diego-st/