Amir Garrett - SF - Findlay Prep - Las Vegas, NV - ST. JOHN'S

• 772 replies

Poison

Re: Amir Garrett - SF - Findlay Prep - Las Vegas, NV - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2010, 09:44:42 PM »
After getting Harkless and Sampson, I've chilled out. Lavin is off to a great start. We can honestly say that if we don't land a recruit, we will get the next one.

« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2010, 12:50:18 PM »
Brand new mixtape on him. Seriously we need to lock this kid up. A more athletic DJ Kennedy sign me up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYbEZn2Yu84&feature=player_embedded#!
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2010, 01:50:54 PM »
the kid looks outstanding i want him so bad..dont care what you have to tell him this kid just looks like he will be a stud if he can round out his game..if i had to choose between all of our recruits one that i want the most it would be him.

I wish there was more video or sampson and harkless like the ones put together for garrett
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2010, 07:38:32 PM »
definitely reminds me of DJ...obviously more advanced than DJ was in high school...but sign me up for another DJ anyday.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2010, 11:32:46 PM »
St. John's and Oregon are his top 2, by the way.  Good interview/ article if you have Rivals access.

http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1131590

Being recruited by Rico, but talks to Lavin as well; doesn't mind going far away; can see himself playing the 2-guard.

Moose

« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2010, 11:43:18 PM »
St. John's and Oregon are his top 2, by the way.  Good interview/ article if you have Rivals access.

Being recruited by Rico, but talks to Lavin as well; doesn't mind going far away; can see himself playing the 2-guard.

He sounds like a mix between no nonsense and fed up with the whole recruiting process.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Marillac

« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2010, 12:01:23 AM »

He sounds like a mix between no nonsense and fed up with the whole recruiting process.

I really like Garrett, but I really want Pointer.  I don't think there is any way in hell we land both, but if we do the message is sent and we are officially WVU part II.  Garrett and Pointer would SHUT DOWN the wings defensively. 

« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2010, 12:32:39 AM »

Ah it came out on the record. His trip is not "not happening" its just not concrete. Even though I think Garrett is just not trying to tip his hand because he is tired of questions.

Also too I'd much prefer Garrett over Pointer. I like Garrett's game and his demeanor

« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2010, 12:51:09 AM »
Given how bad we've been for a decade, I'd take either, but, if I had to choose, I'd take Garrett, based upon his offensive play this AAU season.

Dave,

Those BIL guys must've cut and edited literally every single basket of Garrett's in that package. They took a lot from three: Cabrillo/Long Beach/Pangos AA, Bishop Gorman/LV/Fab 48, and the HAX/Elite 24 practice in LA.

« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2010, 12:56:23 AM »
Given how bad we've been for a decade, I'd take either, but, if I had to choose, I'd take Garrett, based upon his offensive play this AAU season.

Dave,

Those BIL guys must've cut and edited literally every single basket of Garrett's in that package. They took a lot from three: Cabrillo/Long Beach/Pangos AA, Bishop Gorman/LV/Fab 48, and the HAX/Elite 24 practice in LA.

Yea they list all the footage at the end of the video. I envy those guys being able to see all that basketball. I'm actually talking to Theo right now and we're both saying how we have to get out and see an IS8 game soon.

« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2010, 01:48:50 AM »

Dave,

Yea they list all the footage at the end of the video. I envy those guys being able to see all that basketball. I'm actually talking to Theo right now and we're both saying how we have to get out and see an IS8 game soon.
In the past, I would've said don't envy them, but at least one of their competitors is making a really sizable amount, courtesy of a deal with a network. The highlight videos have exploded in the last 4 years.

Hopefully, you guys catch some good games. Perhaps you or Theo know, do Kuran Iverson or Drummond ever come down to the IS8?

« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2010, 01:52:50 AM »

Dave,

In the past, I would've said don't envy them, but at least one of their competitors is making a really sizable amount, courtesy of a deal with a network. The highlight videos have exploded in the last 4 years.

Hopefully, you guys catch some good games. Perhaps you or Theo know, do Kuran Iverson or Drummond ever come down to the IS8?

I haven't seen kids that young at IS8 the times that I've been there in the past. Kyle Anderson is probably the youngest kid I've seen personally at IS8. I'm sure they are there at the very least for playoffs (when everyone and anyone of note plays)

pmg911

« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2010, 09:13:35 AM »

I haven't seen kids that young at IS8 the times that I've been there in the past. Kyle Anderson is probably the youngest kid I've seen personally at IS8. I'm sure they are there at the very least for playoffs (when everyone and anyone of note plays)

do you mean kids that young playing in the high school divisions at IS8..? or young players in general. ..?

IS8 runs leagues for younger kids..

« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2010, 02:48:42 PM »

do you mean kids that young playing in the high school divisions at IS8..? or young players in general. ..?

IS8 runs leagues for younger kids..

I have not personally seen that age group. I've only seen 2009-2012 players

« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2010, 11:52:27 PM »
i think we need harrison,pelle, and either garrett or pointer, i prefer garrett cus he seems to keep getting better

« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2010, 08:45:19 AM »
i think we need harrison,pelle, and either garrett or pointer, i prefer garrett cus he seems to keep getting better

I agree....  I want Harrison, Pelle and either Garrett or Pointer.  But, Garrett does seem to be the better shooter (than Pointer).  So, I'll give a slight edge to Garrett.

Maybe, there is some way we end up with both.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 08:47:22 AM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2010, 08:29:34 PM »
From Garrett's twitter: "man I wanna go to homecoming but that same weekend is midnight madness and I might be going to St John's hopefully we come up with somethin"

« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2010, 09:27:16 PM »
From Garrett's twitter: "man I wanna go to homecoming but that same weekend is midnight madness and I might be going to St John's hopefully we come up with somethin"

He wanna attend his high school's homecoming dance the same evening, as the Johnnies "Midnight Madness."  He's still gonna take an official, whether it's Oct. 15th or another date. 

The Johnnies are still in very good shape with Garrett.  I know things can change, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Garrett end up with the Johnnies without taking an official.

Poison

« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2010, 09:32:35 PM »
Any reason why midnight madness is no longer at midnight?

Moose

« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2010, 09:50:24 PM »
Any reason why midnight madness is no longer at midnight?

Just a guess but I know the residents around STJ often complain about anything at night and late so that might have an impact on starting it at 7.
Remember who broke the Slice news