God'sgift Achiuwa - PF - Erie Community College - Nigeria, Africa - ST. JOHN'S

• 304 replies

Moose

Re: God's Gift Achiuwa - PF - Erie Community College - Nigeria, Africa
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2011, 08:41:33 AM »
I get the feeling Lavin wanted Traylor more, but since it seems like he's now enthralled with Oklahoma State GGA is now back on top for SJU.

Where was it said that Traylor was enthralled with OK State?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2011, 09:03:14 AM »
He did an interview with the Okie St scout.com site after his visit and gave it a 10.

« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2011, 09:54:41 AM »
if gods gift arrives on friday will he be at the knicks playoff game?

« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2011, 04:27:45 PM »
Alex Schwartz of Rivals.com has a story today on GG.  He basically said he is considering SJU, Cincy and Washington:

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1214039

Moose

« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2011, 04:51:11 PM »
Alex Schwartz of Rivals.com has a story today on GG.  He basically said he is considering SJU, Cincy and Washington:

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1214039

Uhhhh

"A combo forward who sees himself as "more of a three,"

I watched him play and he is no three.  And I don't like how he is thinking that.

« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2011, 06:47:40 PM »
Yep, he's the perfect 4 to complete the Ark. It has to be destiny to have 5 "pairs" of recruits to 10... God's Gift will improve so much in practice with all the guys practicing and playing so hard. That is where players improve the most, so it makes sense to go with the staff that will develop him the quickest and best for the NBA/Europe.  SJ staff excels at that, that's why the floodgates opened...get the Ark ready! We need it after all this rain! 

Uhhhh

"A combo forward who sees himself as "more of a three,"

I watched him play and he is no three.  And I don't like how he is thinking that.

Moose

« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2011, 08:42:28 PM »
From ESPN.com Rumors section-

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/features/rumors

A fourth team in the mix for God's Gift?

Kentucky may be entering the picture for God's Gift Achiuwa (Erie Community College).

The Wildcats reportedly contacted Achiuwa in early April and today's New York Post mentions that the JUCO power forward "could get involved with Kentucky."

If coach John Calipari gets involved, his history as a recruits tells us that this could mean bad news for the other three finalists -- Washington, Cincinnati and St. John's.

gman

« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2011, 08:52:35 PM »
From ESPN.com Rumors section-

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/features/rumors

A fourth team in the mix for God's Gift?

Kentucky may be entering the picture for God's Gift Achiuwa (Erie Community College).

The Wildcats reportedly contacted Achiuwa in early April and today's New York Post mentions that the JUCO power forward "could get involved with Kentucky."

If coach John Calipari gets involved, his history as a recruits tells us that this could mean bad news for the other three finalists -- Washington, Cincinnati and St. John's.

In the past I would be worried, but not now.  This kid seems to be involved with the teams that have been on him for a while.  He doesn't seem to be jumping for new squads.  I still think he get him.

« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2011, 09:14:12 PM »
Nurideen Lindsey was also involved with Kentucky ;)
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2011, 03:33:59 PM »
The site Juco Recruiting says that Rhode Island and Charlotte could get involved. And that there's no chance he'd be a 3.

Marillac

« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2011, 03:41:29 PM »

Not according to UK fans.  Getting looked at is very different that beating UK out.  I hope they do take GG, because I don't want him in Queens.  Give me Taylor or Ashoulu or save it for next season.

« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2011, 03:55:44 PM »
I hope they do take GG, because I don't want him in Queens.  Give me Taylor or Ashoulu or save it for next season.

LOL  I'm laughing at your comment about GG.  I'd have no problem about taking Traylor.  But I have a hunch he's gonna end up in either Kansas or Oklahoma State. 

Honestly, it wouldn't bother me if we didn't end up with God's Gift, but it surely wouldn't bother me to garner his services.

DFF6

« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2011, 04:40:49 PM »
Can someone explain why GG's scout grade at ESPN is only 40?   Also, I noticed that ESPN dropped SJU's 2011 class down to 3 after Meikle was released (any correlation, or did Duke sign somebody else?).

kjd01067

« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2011, 06:54:39 PM »

Not according to UK fans.  Getting looked at is very different that beating UK out.  I hope they do take GG, because I don't want him in Queens.  Give me Taylor or Ashoulu or save it for next season.

Marillac why don't you want GG? I'm guessing you haven't seen him play live and he doesn't have a highlight video so what are you basing your claims on? Just wondering because he is a JUCO all american and would seem to fit our needs and help with the scholarship distribution.

« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2011, 07:02:44 PM »
Can someone explain why GG's scout grade at ESPN is only 40?   Also, I noticed that ESPN dropped SJU's 2011 class down to 3 after Meikle was released (any correlation, or did Duke sign somebody else?).

ESPN doesn't or rarely rate JUCO players.  So, I wouldn't sweat his grade on their site.  St. John's class probably dropped due to Alex Murphy being part of Duke's 2011 class. 

« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2011, 08:50:19 PM »
Anyone know if GG is at the Knicks game tonight with Lavin?

Moose

« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2011, 08:51:23 PM »
Anyone know if GG is at the Knicks game tonight with Lavin?

Judging by the score I hope not :)

« Reply #98 on: April 23, 2011, 09:30:23 AM »
We need size. GG is the best available player at the big man position and would be a great addition to our team. Let's show the kid some love.

DFF6

« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2011, 10:29:51 AM »
It figures that it was sunny in Washington (rain capital of the country) when GG visited their campus, and it's going to rain all weekend in NYC.  I hope Lavin has some good indoor activities planned for the weekend wooing of GG.  We need this guy.